Hertha Berlin

Discussion in 'Germany' started by soccertis, Feb 21, 2004.

1. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    Does anyone know the website were i can view the hertha berlin youth squad, and when they play. I am really interested in seeing the level of the hertha berlin youth team and to watch them play.

Thank you
    Dana Heimbecker

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  3. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    what does a trial mean?

4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    ehhhh....maybe it is called triage or try out. Whatever the English word for that is...at all they are looking for new talents. And as you asked for such a try out at a Berlin club I thought that might be of interest.

5. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    thank you so much this is what i have been looking for i have some more try outs with berliner sport club and tennis borissua and also bfc dnynamo. thank you so much
    wow cant wait

6. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    ahh it is only from 1992 to 1998 born

7. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    ARGH...sorry. I didn't noticed that. Anyway good luck with the other clubs.

8. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    anything else you suggest to get into hertha

i was thinking to get into one the clubs that i am going to try out for, do good and get them to recommend me and watch me play, playing with that club

do you have to pay to play U19 A Jurgen ? i think its called, or do they pay you, how does everything work over here

9. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    To play for a German football club you need to become an active member of that club (not passive membership many fans have with their favourite club). Should cost you about 60 Euro/year, I guess (at least that's what I pay at the moment). That will be handled when you have your first meeting with club officials (try out, training, information talks etc.).

You can sign for every club you like but if you want to play in their first (youth) team you should carefully watch out which club you choose. I don't know how talented you are but at the age of 18 it will be more than difficult to get into Hertha's U18 or U19 as these teams are packed with national players (German and foreign).

Salary:
    99,9% of all kids don't get money but pay the normal membership fee. Only the best will get something. Mainly money for gas, sports wear etc. And only the best of the best have something like a salary.

10. soccertis

soccertis New Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Niagara Falls, Ont
    Tennis Bourrisa? U19 not to sure on the spelling they have a youth team also and there are ahead of Hertha. I am going to watch them play soon, i am really eger to see the level of the teams.

I was reading an article awhile back, in a local calgary newspaper on Owen Hargraves (calgary is his home town) when he went to Bayern Munich and it said by the time he reaches 18 he will be making 200,000 a year. Maybe that was an exception like you said. I was just curious on what they do with foriegn people out of the country, they probally just pay for them to get billet.

I will see were I go when i start training tomorrow, i will keep you updated. Thank you for the help

11. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Hargreaves was scouted in Canada so maybe therein lies the difference.

Good luck anyways !!

12. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hargreaves started making big money when he signed a pro contract, not before. UEFA changed the laws last year so that you cannot be signed to a pro contract until you are at least 18 years old (if you originate from outside UEFA).

And finally, "jonam", you were correct in the use of the word 'trial'.