Hernan crespo

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nomah, Jul 27, 2002.

1. nomah

nomah New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Anybody see that Lazio are offering Crespo for Veron? What do you think.....

2. JBlazini24

JBlazini24 New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Haven't heard that, but anything that gets Veron out of here is fine with me.

3. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think a crespo-Van nistelrooy partership would kick muchos ass.

4. giantrobot

giantrobot New Member

Nov 28, 2001
    Berkeley, CA
    I'm not against seeing Crespo become part of Manchester United, but I'd be a bit down on the idea of Ole going back to his super sub role after having his best ever goal scoring season. We'd hardly see any of Forlan if this transer happens...

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like the Crespo swap as I think Veron might do very well this season. ( I hope )

We need either another defender or backup striker. Or possibly some cover on the left for Giggs.

I don't know, we could very well win it all with who we have now, so...?

6. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    its garbage.
    the only reason that Crespo wants to come to Manchester is to play with Veron, who's his best friend. An outright swap is no dice. I say we should DEMAND Crespo on loan in exchange for the cash they still owe us from Stam;
    but really, i'm with Motterman: Ole has paid plenty of dues, it's high time he gets more play time and we stop bringing in new strikers that leap frog him in first team favor.

OLE > CRESPO

7. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Forlan has score a few goals before I would miss him not being on the field. ;)

8. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    no more arggies

Crespo would be good, but not in england, and I would't want to see SAF give up Ole as a starter for anything right now. Ole and Ruud were a great striking pair this year and will only get better as they play more. And I hope that if Veron stays, that he stays as a sub for Nicky Butt and not a starter.

9. JBlazini24

JBlazini24 New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Charlotte, N.C.
    I just hope Ferguson sticks with two up front. Van Nistelrooy is the man, but he can't do as much damage all alone.

10. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Veron to be swapped for Crespo?

Lazio officials have raised the possibility of allowing Hernan Crespo to go to Old Trafford in exchange for Juan Sebastian Veron's return...

FansFC

11. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Personally, I would trade Veron for Crespo and the money owed for Stam in a heartbeat. I think that Crespo is one of the best finishers in the world and Veron didn't really fit in with United last year. With Nicky Butt playing so well, the midfield is pretty crowded. I don't think United loses much by giving up Veron, and they could gain plenty by getting Crespo.

12. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Man Utd, Chelsea wait as Lazio discuss transfers

Lazio officials are due to meet with the representatives of Claudio Lopez and Hernan Crespo in London today.
    Both players are being offered to Premiership clubs with Manchester United wanting to sign Crespo inside the next fortnight, while Lopez is under Chelsea's consideration.

Lazio chiefs will discuss the duo's exit with their agents today in London and also the offers on the table from interested Premiership clubs.

Tribal Football