Here’s my opinion on Mexicans with dual nationality

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Atlas 51, Jun 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Atlas 51

Atlas 51 Red Card

Oct 25, 2015
    Tarzana
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I’ve been thinking about the dual national’s a lot lately, here’s my two cents. I would accept any foreign born Mexicans that are born and raised in Mexico such as Teun Wilke and the Willimanns brothers. The ones that are just born in Mexico aren’t really Mexicans tbh, such as Diego Abreu, Benjamin Galdames, and Luka Romero, they have no connection with Mexico. If you were raised in Mexico since you were a child such as Santiago Gimenez, I’ll gladly accept them in the national team because they have some fundamental of Mexico. If you’re a quality Chicano and willing to pledge allegiance to Mexico, I’ll welcome him as well such as Efrain Juarez, Santiago Munoz and Alex Alcalá. Now we go to the players that have only one Mexican parent, in my opinion if your father is Mexican you’re Mexican, so I would welcome Marcelo Flores into our national team.

2. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did this really needs its own thread?

LGRod, Narc83, beat junky and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Atlas 51

Atlas 51 Red Card

Oct 25, 2015
    Tarzana
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you agree, with what I’m saying?

4. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I really don’t care to be honest

Each of us can have our opinion on the matter but in the end it’s up to the player what national team he wants to play for and we just have to respect that

Same goes with naturalized players

If they end up playing with Mexico, then awesome. All I care about is that they perform well for my team. Don’t care about their background, if they’re dual nationals, naturalized citizens, etc. Just give it your all with the Mex NT

Narc83, Kaney, DaTruth and 4 others repped this.
  5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This.

Kaney, DaTruth, Piedraias and 1 other person repped this.
  6. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah maybe 2,3, or 4 players are good don't want more than that.. but i wouldn't count Santiago munoz as a typical pocho as I think he's lived most of his life in Mexico, also the willimans mom is mexican if I'm not mistaken

AMLO2018 repped this.
  7. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Ok trump.

LGRod, Narc83, Kaney and 2 others repped this.