Henry with France is a mystery to me

Discussion in 'France' started by Ballon d'or, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Ballon d'or

Ballon d'or New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Ok much has been said about that subject and i think we all agree on the fact that he can't play when he's being taken on a one on one.
    The thing is that against Poland he's had like 4 clear chances, wasn't really closely watched and still missed at least 2 golden oppotunities.

Don't know why but i think he wouldn't have missed those with Arsenal.

Verdict : Give him a red jersey.....even with France.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Arsenal sucks, Henry sucks.

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Are the defenses lining up differently against him in international games than they do in the EPL? If so, why dont the premier league teams adopt the same strategy and close him down the same way.

Personally, I think he has a mental block when he plays for France. For a while I thought he lacked motivation but when people started discussing his poor performances for France, you would think he would want to save face.

4. hes just not a good player the only way he scores goals with arsenal is if the team is already ahead ....

5. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Best post, ever :D

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Same reason, he is rubbish in the CL too. In England his game is ideal for pace and directness - which is the hallmark of the English game. Abraod the game is much slower and Henry can't break on the counter or get the adequate support he needs from the French NT.

Recently he has played as a target man. He never does this for the Gunners - he breaks in from the flanks with his pace. France imo need to build their game around their main strength.

7. Ballon d'or

Ballon d'or New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    The thing is when he tries to go to towards the goal keeper all by himself in Europe, he always fails ( happened 3 times against Poland ) cause the defenders know him very well now.
    I hope he loses his speed soon, that way he'll concentrate being less greedy with the ball.