Henry, Is This How He Will Be?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Metrosuccess, Apr 2, 2011.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm not discussing the quality of Agudelo over Rodger, what I say is that Backe will try to prove that his biggest signing is his best sign and not matter what he will play Henry this Saturday and to demonstrate that he isn't at fault for the poor production (2 goals in 4 games) will par him with Rodger, because he think Rodger is more aggressive and fast than Agudelo and can change the game easy and more often than the kid creating opportunities for the team to score more goals....

2. BradDavis

BradDavis Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I don't think its a bad idea at all.. if it sucks and doesn't work then you can bring Juan off the bench. Juan is still only 18 and to be honest he still has some young moments on the pitch.. maybe with a fully fit Rodgers and Henry it will work.. before we start blasting it lets see it in action.. you kinow?

3. Idolg1982

Idolg1982 Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    In my view there is no way that Backe is not starting Aguedelo this game untill there is someone who can start scoring some goals. If we go through a dip in form we will be in the lower half of the table.

We need to realise that during the Gold cup we will not have Marquez, Ream, DeRo, Richards, Aguedalo, possibly Miller, Sutton. Thats 7 starters out for atleast 2 to 3 games. We need to win NOW!!!!!!!!

During the gold cup Backe can experiment with Henry and Rogers, and we have to remember that Rogers only joined the team 2 months ago and still probably is not 90 minute fit.

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Rogers as a late game sub because of his speed and tenacity. IMO Agudelo has a better chance of creating something over the full 90 because of his quality.

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Richie Williams Really Metz?:confused:

6. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I had been present since 1995 my friend and my first victim was Reyna, original as mets (I forget my password)followed by metz and before Richie...

7. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    What the ******** you say?......

8. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn Metz with moral victory right there

Ever since JPA left Metz needs to take his anger out on something else.

9. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even with the finishing struggles, Henry looked very good against SJ. Good to see he still can play at that level. If he can get a bit of luck hopefully his finishing will find its form. Most importantly he needs to stay healthy.

10. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 incredible chances 1 v 1 with the keeper tonight and henry blows both of them. not good. Glad to see him on the score sheet though.

11. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    What, the MLS level? He still missed two great chances. He wasn't brought in to be your average MLS forward.

12. foolovsky

foolovsky Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    metz is a ****ing genius. piss off, guys.

13. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you called Rodgers for Aggy, Called Angel trying to be traded and then not re-signed. You also called in the offseason Rafa being placed at CB instead of def mid. I am impressed! You either have inside knowledge someohow or ar the best a predicting stuff in the game I have ever seen. My props to you.

14. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree! I now will follow Metz's posts like the genius they are.

15. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You cannot deny that he looked different against SJ than any other game this season. He had a really good game and the only thing that was missing was the finishing. If that can take its form, and he can still be this active and put himself in the right positions then the goals should come.

16. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metz is like Peter sellers in the movie, "Being There". Things he says seem outlandish , then you realize later they come true. Metz needs to start a RB soccer blog. A friggin Genius....

17. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Oh!....Come on guys, all this is like the England Colombo say, elementary dear friend, elementary.....

Now I will tell you something else, a big change is in the way a very big even bigger than the one of Rodgers for Agudelo, but I don't think that Backe have the balls to do it at DC game and will wait until the next home game and will be a 4-3-3 formation with out Richards.....inserting Agudelo instead.....

18. EmpedoxFCB

EmpedoxFCB Member

Apr 20, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're right on this, I don't think I can ever question you again... on anything... and I'm going to be upset.

19. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I missed this last game, but Henry really depended on his speed and quickness, and he was already impotent against lower-table La Liga defenses at the end in Barcelona. Even just his shot was always weak at the end there.

20. Black Tide

Black Tide Member+

Mar 8, 2007
    the 8th Dimension
    I think people need to look up the forer effect/subjective validation...people always remember the hits and never the misses.
    (its not quite the same thing but I think it applies here)

21. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will make it simple. I was giving examples of the numerous outlandish statements you have made not just with some expression of doubt as many time others express when making an opinion or judgement but such self-assuredness even when presented with overwhelming evidence that what you said was flat out wrong.

Then you make another crazy statement that Backe's potential decision of starting Rodgers over Agudelo was simply to prove that the problem was Agudelo and not Henry with the scoring attack. It was not the possibility of Rodgers starting over Agudelo that was the crazy part, it was your statement of the reason behind the move. I am only clarifying this last part because you will respond that "see I was right that Rodgers was going to start over Agudelo" and miss the point in my comment.

That being said, there was probably another reason either Backe's feeling that Rodgers might provide a spark and change of pace and reserving Agudelo's value as a 2nd half replacement or what I heard was that Backe may have benched Agudelo for his response to his substitution in the prior game against Philly. I have a feeling Agudelo will be starting the next game.

22. cthomer5000

cthomer5000 Member+

Apr 23, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    DeRo would be totally wasted in a 4-3-3, and we just gave up a lot to get him.

23. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although it was nice to finally see Henry play as if he cared, it hurt to see him miss so many chances. It was also kind of sad to see him get so worked up after getting 1 measly goal and getting in the face of the public who had booed him--when he should have been scoring them in bunches all along. It was nice that he finally got the monkey off his back if only for his own psychological well being. It will be interesting to see if this serves as a catalyst to finally get going or if it means he will simply go back to another scoring drought.

He is certainly an awesome set up man with passing abilities that are incredible, but it remains to be seen whether he will indeed turn out to be a clutch striker.
    I withhold any judgment until we see more. Only then will we know if "this is how he will be."

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Is exactly why I say that, because if you watch the game with care you will see that DeRo has not one attacking pass, the 6 players (Midfielders and Attackers) were playing in the San Jose area, every body there were a striker, a center attacker and wingers, like that you don't need or have to depend on a special player to feed balls to attack, because you are there all ready with the ball attacking all the time.....

25. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “He doesn’t really respond particularly well to rest. So he he’s just kind of managing his pain to the tendon, which he’s been doing consistently for the last seven years." from http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/th...rry-henry-with-a-chronic-achilles-heel-injury

Now, I'm no doctor, and I'm almost certainly misguided in my notions However, if Henry doesn't respond well to rest and playing on it doesn't further aggravate, which is the part I'm not sure about, the solution is to get Henry riled up every game so that he plays hard past the pain. We now all know that Henry is like Pip from South Park and the best way to do that is to piss him off. I'll provisionally advocate a battered wife regimen of tough love followed by outpourings of affection. I'll be good cop next home game and tell him that we love him. Whoever wants to stand in a group next to me next game and call him a bum in a song is more than welcome to do so.

This until he proves otherwise :)

I do believe it's mostly injuries. He has been active, creating for others, putting himself into position for his own chances, and definitely cares. If he gets healthier, stops pussyfooting in front of goal, finishes more clinically and stays a little pissed off, this could be good.

If you show heart, we're behind you win or lose Henry. The support for the team is unequivocal and comes before any one player.