Henry = Choker when it Matters!!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gazzad_5, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Get the f'ck outta our forum you bloody wanker.

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we try having a discussion, like your team, you act like a crying b¡tch when things dont go your way.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rooney by my count rounded 1 defender and was about to round another when he dove... thats more than Henry did today... Rooney also had some good corners... serving one near post for a flick and finding Scholes off another... not a great day, but better than Henry... but Rooney scored on a tap in that involved Saha and Smith... come on man...

Ruud did some good work, held the ball up well, made some excellent passes and was generally involved... got no chances, but he certainly had more of an impact.

As for Henry being a choker... I would not call him a choker, however, for his performances under normal circumstances he does not produce enough when the pressure is on... I am not saying he does not produce at all under pressure, but he is like the supreme leader of the universe until he plays in CL or for France.

He aint a choker like some who never perform at the highest level but he's not a hero like some who almost always seem to inspire their team when they need it most.

4. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London
    How about I end this discussion. I would not have anyone else on my team but Henry!!!!!

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You seem to be conveniently forgetting when Henry was in on goal and only a very nice save by Carroll kept the score nil-nil.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  7. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Thanks. You beat me to that obvious point.

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

so when henry scores it is because it was such a good finish, but when he blows a 1v1 it is because the goalie made a very nice save? :rolleyes:

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    chill. if you don't want to partake in the thread don't. nothing here has been said that would earn a locking to this thread. you can't lock a thread just because you don't agree with it. if you don't like it just look at another thread and let the guy spout off about his (flawed) opinion.

10. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London

Why would you say he blew it? He got the pass from Edu with Rio on his back and he shot the ball. Goalie made a fine save.

11. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Honestly that wasn't that good of a save...it was a "routine save" Carrol did wat he was suppose to, come out on the 1v1, make himself big as possible...Henry didn't do wat he was suppose to...which would be hit it away from the keeper and into the net, he hit it right into the keeper and as a result, the ball went away from the net..

12. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Rio on his back????!?! LMAO Rio was a good yard to yard and a half away...in soccer that is forever...Henry "The Worlds Greatest Player" (My white ASSS) should've finished the shot...

13. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London
    Yes, he hit it at Carroll, but if Carroll was not there it was a goal. The ball went away from the goal as it deflected by Carroll for a corner kick.

14. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    What are u implying that were so dumb as too not have a keeper.... :confused:

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hahaha, either i am reading this wrong or this is the best post ever for inadvertent humor.

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

thanks for proving my point. when things are good it is because henry is good, when things are bad, it is because the goalie/defender is good.

he blew it because he is supposed to be the best in the world, had some room on rio and henry IS super quick+fast, and he should step up and finish to tie the game.

17. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    this might be that american commentator for ESPN posting

i remeber they said during Eng V Wales games

"the ball will be whipped in with velocity"
    "If he got that ball on target it would of been a dangerous shot"
    "Adrian Bellamy is playing great today"

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huh? :confused:

19. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    that guy who said if the goalie wasnt there it would of been a goal
    is similar to those ESPN commentators comments

20. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    no ur defintly reading it right

21. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok my mistake.

well i can kind of understand what the espn guys said, even tho it is kinda obvious...like if someone kicks a super hard ball, but off target, obviously it would be dangerous if on target.

but the guy said 'ya he kicked it right at carroll (which means that carroll didn't move really), but if carroll wasn't there it would have been a goal.'

now i know i am not the only one who finds that funny.

...if i was good at soccer i wouldnt suck anymore :cool: lol

22. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    but you need to remeber
    if we dont let in any goals we cant lose

23. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    this thread seems to go nowhere... :rolleyes:

24. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

with posts such as yours i agree.

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    We all know my thoughts on the issue of Henry, Arsenal and the EPL. I won't repeat them, respond to points raised in this thread or use the sarcastic smilie. But I will say this, today proved my point perfectly.