Helping Africa

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by IntheNet, Jul 14, 2005.

1. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    On the contrary I found his "Never Scared" stand up to be very entertaining. He can bring up as many "smart points" as he wants, but it doesn't make them valid. Chris rock is nothing more than your every day muppet who thinks they know anything about the world. Much like the actors and musicians who participated in Live 8. Live 8 is for a good cause and I supported it, but the singers and actors trying to force their scientology methods of politics down the spectators throats made me sick.

So you think I got a yellow card for not taking Chris Rock seriously? :rolleyes:

2. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    You mean like when Ann Coulter said "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

She was on Sean Hannity's show the other day.

3. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    That statement can be taken many different ways. What that stupid twat said on Air can't.

4. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    This man speaketh the truth. And Chris Rock is a genius.

Coming to the theatres near you, a Miramax Studios production...
    "What da fuck you lookin' at" -- a story about one nigga who killed the whole neighborhood just for making eye contact.

5. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Please explain the many different ways that saying you wish a mass murderer had gone to a building of a newspaper you don't like instead of the building he did can be taken. I eagerly await your response. So far I'm one short of two ways.

6. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It meant the so-called "LIBERAL" media...which, rightly, has ignored this "story." Alternet and DemocracyNow! have got alot on their plate right now thanks to this woman's husband and his whole ********ing crew.

7. TheOriginalLilJon

TheOriginalLilJon New Member

May 9, 2005
    Florida
    So what your saying is, hearing the issues before picking sides isn't a valid point?

8. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    It is valid, but I hope that when Chris Rock said it that it wasn't the first time you had heard it.

9. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Bump for Toon....

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Sorry I missed it.

Actually looking at it again her comments were totally wrong. They were uncalled for and not needed.

Is there a way to say that the Air radios host's comments were not wrong? That is the one thing I don't see any of you guys doing... condemning a wrong made by a liberal. I am sure you guys thought that Dick Durbin was right on target with his comments about Gitmo. :rolleyes:

11. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    If this unnamed person said what you say she said (and for the record, with the exception of Al Franken whose show I kind of enjoy from time to time, I think Air America is about as listenable as Rush Limbaugh and his ilk) then she was wrong and I don't condone it.

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    It was Randi Rhodes, I just spent 1 painful minute of the Air America website.

13. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    She's unlistenable.

14. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    I did not see you write anything positive about the G-8 summit. Is that because Bush and other western countries offered substantial help?

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I don't get people here. ITN generally posts stuff that you guy's don't like. When he posts a good article and something that has relevance to what is happening in the world and shows "Bushco" is trying to listen to help others, you still have a go at him instead of discussing the article. I by no means stick up for him (he was the last person to neg rep me for something), but at least read the article before posting about him just because you see his name on it...

16. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Because he throws in comments like "This trip seems largely ignored by the liberal media" which are there for no reason other than to needle others.

17. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    So if it's so obviously there for that reason, why rise to it? Why not try and be the bigger man and get a discussion going on the subject? He also says "seems" and "largely". Now that isn't the full statment that you make it out to be....... So discuss it, show where the liberal media DO note it and hey presto, a discussion in Politics for more than 2 pages........

18. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    A) I did note the "liberal media" coverage

B) I think it's great that Laura Bush went to Africa. I think she's a decent person. I also think that the U.S. actually spending our pledged aid to Africa would be of greater help to them

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=50114

and his own party isn't helping him any:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160977,00.html

19. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I challenge the entire frame on humanity the G8 propagates. "Help," in their context, is pulling a knife halfway out of your back, is man="economic man." ******** the G8.*

* the above sentiment would explain why I didn't write anything positive about this cabal...

20. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mel: UNLESS you can personally give more financial aid to Africa than Bush JUST DID at the G8 Summit, your "frame on humanity" rings hollow!

Give it a rest and praise this administration for the aid that it has extended to Africa!

21. mcdiesel

mcdiesel New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Boston
    Great, now ITN is going to ruin Jesus...

...although I do appreciate the spirit of the avatar change. Now I can just disagree with the Pope and not hate him.

22. Metroweenie

Metroweenie New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    I don't know why anyone responds to IntheNet. He's a sockpuppet, the only thing I can't figure out is if he hates conservatives, or is playing a caricature of himself.

PS - IntheNet also has mental problems to spend the amount of time they do being ridiculous on the internet.

23. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Now, did he actually GIVE financial aid to Africa at the G8 Summit, or did he just pledged to give it? Sort of like he pledge to give all that money to fight AIDS in Africa a few years back, then ended up actually requesting that less money be spent than had already been appropriated by Congress (if I recall, he even vetoed an emergency $200 Million spending for AIDS relief approved by Congress).

Oh, and by the way, caught the new avatar. Nice graven image!

24. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you pay taxes last year, or pledge to pay taxes? Same answer for both questions.

25. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Now this is what Africa needs to solve their problems.

[​IMG]

Jenna Bush, who has been highly visible on her mother's trip to Africa, hands out pictures of her pets in Tanzania.