Help the Gulf States

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by kylesoccer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we as a supporters group help pass a hat/bucket during the game to raise a little money for relief help? I don't want to step on any toes but can somebody take a lead with this. Could we do something before at a pub or the tailgate? Just brainstorming here so any suggestions would be great. I actually won't be in until mid day saturday.

2. Fulham South

Fulham South New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    GEORGIA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I work for 911 in a central GA county and we got 3 tornado warnings last night. i can only imagine what the gulf coast is dealing with today.

3. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    From extensive personal experience, there are two things that people need after a hurricane: Ice & Water.

I would suggest people figure out a way to donate ice and water without involving passthrough organizations as a $1 bottle of water ends up costing much more when you have out of state people working on per diem procuring and distributing them.

Get together with a radio/tv station (for publicity) and get a truck/trailer (some trucking companies might send a truck for free) and fill the trailer with ice (if the trailer is cooled) and/or water.

You'd be surprised how fast you can fill up a truck with ice/water when local media publicize your effort.