Help needed - General

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by fedwood, Nov 14, 2004.

1. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Hey i been playing Hattrick from the middle of last season so not to long
    so anyway i bought into a bunch of solid players for each position e.g my defender has solid defending, my striker solid scoring and so on
    anyway most of my players are like 26,27,30,32 and stuff like that and from trianing they never improve
    as the seasons gone on no one improves but they get older and crappier
    what am i supposed to do...coz i dont understand how people have like 19 yr olds with 20k tsi when i got like 2k tsi guy who is my best player

2. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    What are you training?
    You need to buy players based on what you want your team to be in the long term.
    Invest in some 17-18YO players in the position(s) you intend to train, then play them as a secondary squad in your friendly games. With some time they will quickly improve their skillset, and in a season or two you have the option of using them as starters for your league games, or selling and using the income to buy new players to start the training over again.

3. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i raise guys from youth squad and sell and they get me like 180k each
    so i should keep them and train them?

4. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

whats ur team id?

5. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    this is the guy i raised who is up for bidding (47318806)

this is my team id (424786)

im still crap

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He means what skill are you training, scoring, playmaking, winger, defending, goalkeeping? For which ever one you are training you need young trainees that will get better as you train them.

7. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    at the moment its on playmaking at 97% intensity

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you need to get yourself some 17-19 yo playmakers that you can train. You can usually get 18-19 yo solid players for $40K-$100K.

9. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    so you dont train a young person from like weak..u train them from solid or something?

10. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I'd say passable should be the lowest. Takes too long to get results from anything below passable.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually you can probably start as low as inad if he has decent secondaries. a little while ago I pulled a inad PM with passable passing, I trained him as a PM, sold him at 21 and excellent for almost 300K. It depends on the level of your team and how good your coach is if it's worth training an inad player.

12. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me give you an idea of why you don't train a player from weak. I'll use keepers because I'm somewhat familiar with the market for them, considering that I train them. Keep in mind that it's approximately five weeks with a solid coach to raise a keeper a level.

Skill - market value (profit from previous level)
    < inadequate - none
    inadequate - $10,000 ($10,000)
    passable $50,000 ($40,000)
    solid $150,000 ($100,000)
    excellent $500,000 ($350,000)
    formidable $1,100,000 ($600,000)
    outstanding $2,000,000 ($900,000)
    (and so on)

Essentially, any time before a keeper is passable is pretty much completely wasted, and you'd really like to go as high as formidable for a trainee if you can afford it (and, in the case of keepers higher than solid who must have seen at least a little training, if you can find them) to maximize your income (although going higher ties up more cash in your trainees and reduces the amount you can spend on the rest of your squad).

13. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i cant even afford excellents

14. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Here is what I do:

1. Train playmakers and look for 17 and 18yr olds. Now if you get them at inad, passable, etc... is up to you and depnds on your £££ situation. When I first started training playmaking, I was barely above debt so I bought young inad inner mids. However now that I am away from the debt line, I look for solid and excellent inner mids. Depending on if my trainiees are getting crowd(too many) I sell them when they are excellent or higher. However the exception is when they have not gone up a level after say 10 weeks(I have had two players like that).

2. With the money you make from selling the trainies, use it to upgrade other areas of the team.

That is some advice i can give.

15. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that, I've never trained anybody starting higher than solid myself. My point was that it's a waste of time and money to go lower than inadequate or possibly passable for the skill of your trainees when you get them. Anybody with weak or lower primary skill that you pull from your youth squad should be fired, no questions asked, such players have no market value at all (even inadequates or passables can be tough to move).

16. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    That's fine. The point he is trying to make is that if you get a passable keeper and train him then those are the prices he would sell for at excellent or formidable or whatever. Try to get a guy between the ages of 17-18 at a "lower" level (such as passable) and then train him up. In the span of one season he should go up 2 levels if you have a good coach and he doesn't get injured (so if you paid $10,000 for an inadequate at the beginning of the season, he should be up to solid by the end of the season and thus you've made about a $140,000 profit off one guy in the span of a single season).

I train keepers as well. At the beginning of last season I picked up a 18 year old inadequate keeper for $9,000. Right now he is 19 years old and is very close (2 or 3 more weeks) to popping to outstanding, meaning he will be worth nearly $2,000,000 if I decide to sell him. That'll be quite a profit. :p

And actually I don't plan on selling him until he is 22 or so, which is when players usually stop training, and if my calculations are correct (and he avoids any major injuries) he should be up to "titantic" by then, which I don't even know how much he would be worth, I'm guessing over $7,000,000 by that point.

17. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this guy clown quality?

Kevin Wilks (47427674)
    19 years, passable form, healthy
    A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
    Has disastrous experience and solid leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
    Total Skill Index (TSI): 30
    Wage: 500 US$/week
    Owner: Columbus North End
    Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
    Playmaking: wretched Passing: poor
    Winger: wretched Defending: weak
    Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: disastrous

I have another player who is popular, but has weak leadership so I take it he is not a clown.

18. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Nope. He needs to be popular, or in a pinch, sympathetic.

19. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I have a popular guy with passable leadership. I am starting to fire guys but I don't want to fire a guy who is a clown.

20. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    If this player has the highest leadership on your team, then he would be the clown regardless of whether he has passable or solid leadership.

If all your other players have inadequate or lower leadership, then he would be the clown.