Help needed for Celtic Tailgate

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by JamesTaylor, Jul 12, 2010.

1. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (mod, please pin this until this is handled, Grazie!)

As you know from last week's Almanack, the Wed night tailgate will be very low key with free hoagies for members who show their cards. The event will also be BYOB.

We will have 25 trays of hoagies that will need to be picked up after 3pm at the Wegman's in Warrington, PA.

If we had a volunteer with a truck who could bring them down, it would be much appreciated. Several people with smaller cars could help too.

Everyone who helps transport will get some form of SOB or Union swag.

Thanks so much for your help. The SOBs are a 501c3 organization and rely solely on volunteers to make everything happen.

Please coordinate in this thread.

2. TerrierFC

TerrierFC New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be happy to do it, I'm free on Wednesday during the day and have a Chevy Tahoe that could probably fit it all. Feel free to PM me.

3. Io sono Unionista

Jun 24, 2010
    WE ARE 138, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ahhhhhhh. I live in Warrington (about 2 minutes from Wegman's, literally), but I work in Malvern. I don't think I could track back to Bucks by 3. But if there is no one else available, I might be able to get my wife to bring them to me. We probably couldn't fit them all (never seen what 25 trays of hoagies looks like), but we should be able to help.

4. MAS117

MAS117 Member

Apr 28, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What time is this starting. Coming right from work...

5. TerrierFC

TerrierFC New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought this tailgate setup was a great solution for the weeknight game. Low key, BYOB, some basic food. The weather obviously held some people up, but it was great to pass along the extras to the security people and parking lot attendants. They seemed to appreciate it, and who knows when we might need a favor from them at a future tailgate.

Also, to the planners: Picking up the hoagies was no problem for me, since I'm free during the day for weeknight games. So if there's ever anything else needed, especially on weeknights, feel free to ask.

6. ofeydofey

ofeydofey BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I came late (due to work) so was unable to attend the tailgate and grab a hoagie... But I noticed that the actual fenced in tailgate area was closed and everyone was haning out at the entrance. was that weather related or just because there wasn't a lot of people?

7. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the area becomes any swampier, I'm going to bring waders.

8. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much for your help...

Empty your rep magazine on this guy.