Help me complete a tier list of potential signings.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, May 7, 2012.

1. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Decent potential though.

2. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    yep and just 20 or 21

3. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never thought I'd see the day, but could Michael Bradley's performances for Chievo put him in the C bracket?

The guy's composure, passing and decision-making have almost emerged from nowhere and it's starting to translate to his international performances.

While it comes on the heels of a very good result against Scotland, there's even substantial debate about him as the potential focal point of the US team.

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How old is he, I havent seen Chievo enough to comment, so your opinion remains valid until someone comes in with something better.

5. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    You're the definition of humility, Syed. :ROFLMAO:

7. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reading it again didnt mean that exactly, meant I have not see him so cant comment and so will take his opinion over mine :oops: until someone comes in with a far better one we can agree on.

8. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Guys,

I'm currently in the process of starting a new project to compile a Who's Who of international football. The aim is to give a brief 100ish word profile of hundreds of the game's top players in order to capture the essence of them. That would then enable people completely unfamiliar with them to quickly understand what they are all about, "scout" foreign teams and identify potential targets. Wikipedia is obviously fantastic, but the profiles are of a hugely changeable quality and often tell you very little.

If anyone is interested in helping out then let me know.

Cheers

9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can try comme but hardly watching football at the moment.

10. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Nice one. Benni is interested in helping too. Could you PM me your email address and I'll send you something over?

11. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    J'can repped this.
  12. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    never heard of any of these people.

and why is it that they all have positive reports? where are the guys who really suck? Why is Rooney, nani and carrick not profiled?

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Basically we're starting with 600 of the game's leading players and then will hopefully be able to work down to the lesser lights with time. United players will follow as we reach their stage of the alphabet. We should potentially have included Anderson though.

J'can repped this.
  14. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    sorry, i have come across this project before and i think it is great. i was feigning being a miserable old butt with my post, kinda sarcastic like.

Good job.

15. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Jovetic should be in the 'A' bracket at the very least. He's an exceptional talent and coveted by all of Europe's top teams. He would be in the 'S' group if it were not for his injury and Fiorentina's poor form.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you complaining? Because so far only A and B players have been listed... you know, players whose names begin with A or B and we only jussst started B.

J'can repped this.
  17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is a top top blog and a brilliant idea to boot. I think it has to be the go-to guide for players on the web.

johno repped this.
  18. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Since you guys are working alphabetically, did you all consider displaying the names in the "Last Name, First Name" format?

It might have made for easier reading but I'll admit I'm not an expert on these types of blogs and maybe you guys were going for a particular look.

Pretty in depth stuff nonetheless.

johno repped this.