Help conditioning after returning from injury.

Discussion in 'Player' started by Doriano Jösefnaldi, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Doriano Jösefnaldi

Feb 17, 2015
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are there any programs that can help me work on all aspects of my game quickly.I have a trial for a professional club in 2 weeks and I am just coming of an injury so I have little time to train.

2. jessepv

jessepv Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not sure where you're at, but 2 weeks is not much time to prepare for a tryout.

Here is Stanford Men's Soccer fitness program (current college champs): http://froeberg.com/soccerunited/stanfordfitness.pdf

For ball work, I'd say get as many touches on the ball as possible. Here is a little workout/warm up with all the fundamental moves: http://www.nyswysa.org/docs/odp/StaffResourceCenter/1000_Touch_Workout.pdf

Also, play as much as possible. That is crucial to tying it all together.

Good luck!

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  3. matherold

matherold Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Since you dont have much time you should not do much slow steady jogging that will be a waste of time. Do some interval based running and play so you get the reactions back. Small sided and 11;s. Make sure you taper properly and dont show up with too much fatigue from over training since youre already out of form.
    Fitness will be key though and just getting your touch back and soccer paradigms (vision).

1 workout for pure physical is build up tempo runs. Run 75 yards 50% rest 30s. 60% rest 30s. 70% rest 30s. 80% rest 30s 90% rest 30s then work your way back down to 50% again. That will be a good safe way to build up the tendons and muscles of running while getting some cardio stimulus.

Next time, like a day after or so do it again but increase speed 5%.

4. matherold

matherold Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I meant 2 days after or so, not the next day you would be better off mixing it up with agility or some strength endurance work. Since you dont have much time more anaerobic on the cardio spectrum then shift to anerobic on the power side the second week.

Longer slower with shorter rest first week
    Shorter and faster with short rest second week.
    Two days before trial really light.
    Day before short and intense.

5. Nico_beans

Nico_beans New Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Are you fully healed? I am a fan that if you're not fully healed you shouldn't risk it. It's best to heal 100% then train 100% in order to be ready for a trial. You can risk getting permanently injured thus risking your career.

6. Sarah ava

Sarah ava Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Xelaju Mario Camposeco
    be careful during game.