Help A Brotha Out, And Get Some Fly Tunes For Doing It.

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Footix, May 27, 2006.

1. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    My friend and longtime MTVM Board contributor Michael K is training for the Wendy’s International Triathlon as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Team In Training". The race is on June 11th, and he's a bit short of his goal of raising $1600.

To help boost his coffers, I'm making the following offer to our friends here:

To the first person who donates $50 or more to his efforts (donation page here), I will send all of the following items:

The Streets - The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living CD
    Snow Patrol - Eyes Open CD
    The Walkmen - A Hundred Miles Off CD
    Gomez - How We Operate CD
    The BellRays - Have A Little Faith CD
    Zero 7 - The Garden CD
    The Go! Team - Audio Assault Radio Sessions CD
    The Go! Team - Ladyflash (Hot Chip Remix) 7" Red Vinyl
    Calla - It Dawned On Me 7" Vinyl
    Living Things - Bom Bom Bom 7" Vinyl

These are all promo items, some have alternative artwork, a couple are pretty collectible. Even if you don't like the bands, it'll all look impressive tossed casually on your coffee table next time you bring a hip girl or guy back to your pad. This stuff will be shipped to you postage-paid, on me.

If interested, make your pledge at the page linked above, then shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send the swag right out.

Even if you can't swing the $50, I'm sure any donation you can make will be appreciated...and it's all tax-deductible. And don't bother Michael with questions about this, he's too busy training, and doesn't know I'm doing this anyway. Offer only good to USA addresses.

2. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    [​IMG]

How can it be a Michael K CD giveaway with no Eggstone CDs?

Also, can I make my donation in cans of Red Bull instead of cash?

[​IMG]

mmm....sweden....

3. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...wow is all I can say.

You wake up after crashing out for a good 13 hours, body burnt and weary after a couple dozen miles on the bike and a hard little swim, and the first thing you see upon arriving at Bigsoccer is this. It's gratifying to say the least.

Just want to say thanks to Mr. Rock for the thread/swag offer, and to any and all who manage to put some money towards a very, very good cause. I really do appreciate your kindness (as does the L&LS). I have little to offer in the way of incentives - how about disincentives? On my myspace page (PM me for an add) I've put up a picture of me about to hit the water in the official TnT wetsuit (that lake is still chilly, believe me.) Let me tell you, there's not much underneath it but a little purplish spandex. Keep donating, and I won't feel forced to inflict those pics on the world.
    ;)

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they come with it.

5. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm confused. So I get to choose the tunes or the girls?

6. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    You get the tunes either way.

I guess Jamison is offering his mad mackin' superpowers to procure Swedish Red Bull girls as well.

7. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eggstone rules.

Huge and neverending thanks to Michael K. for turning me on to those guys.

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So help me, if and when we ever have a MTV&M powwow, a Bonving tournament will be involved.

9. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ain't too proud to bump.

10. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Thanks to those who have ponied up since my first post.

Since the lot of music remains unclaimed, I'm now adding a copy of:

The Stills - Without Feathers CD

to the pile.

Donation page here.

11. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Excellent!

The pile of music has been claimed...thanks much to those who sent some dough Michael's way.

It's still not too late to give a little sumpin' sumpin'...even if it's a buck or two.

Thanks again.

12. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A 16-hours-left-to-go, thank-you-all-so-much-for-your-donations bump....if you haven't and you want to....please go right ahead, and thanks!

13. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    I'm trying to move, and I need to find a job. I just had to drop about a thousand bucks on car repairs in the last month, too.

But I can do $25. I'm in.

14. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much, Tim - feels great to see this as I head out the door on up to C'bus.

As for MTV&M content....well...I'll try and figure out some sort of good Ipod tri playlist on the drive up there, and report back on that.

And I'll say hi to Miklos Molnar when I see him (a drink for for the first person who gets the reference)...

15. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw the Wiz. That was a foul on Gutierrez.