Hell yeah, quiet side!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has degenerted into what all internet threads should end up as - chick on chick love
    :D :p

2. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There he is! the fatbastard that I love (platonically of course --- not that there's anything wrong with the other)!!! :D

GM

3. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that it indeed does grow old quickly. You really should let SZack know about the specifics--customer satisfaction is a priority with DCU!

GM

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You didn't read Saddam's autobiography where he used to light smoke bombs at al-Shurta games as a kid? :D

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If he gets off send him to 135

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Best way to handle this is politely approach the person and say "We appreciate your passionate support but this part of the stadium is more relaxed and some people prefer to keep a distance from the hardcore supporters. However, you're welcome to take your passion over to those sections. I'm positive they'd love to have your involvement."

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    English to soccer fan translation:
    Get the ******** out of here and go stand with the Barra! :)

8. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the precise reason I moved to the Nest. I get to stand and sing all game surrounded by people I have now known for years. Before, when my son was younger, I had seats on the quiet side in the 200's. If I cheered or felt it necessary to yell at the ref people looked at me liked I had disturbed the opera. Also, I was paying full freight and was frequently surrounded by drunken seat jumpers in gangs. The CSC would do nothing about it.

Now I'm surrounded by drunks, but they are my friends whom I chose to associate with.:D

9. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va
    :confused: I can see the game just fine from my seats with the supporters. I watch the whole game.

To each his own... I don't want to have to be standing on my seat.

I love you Riz - that's all that matters. ;)[/QUOTE]

Glad we are all spreading the love here :rolleyes:.

10. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

Sounds good to me :)!!!

11. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Oh ffs - why get catty? We're all friendly and we all know eachother. No need to be like this...

12. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

I get those looks too, but I don't give a damn :) . Sometimes I think I would prefer to be on the other side (like when people just wont cheer). Other times I am just glad to be where I am and thinking if I were over there I would have a serious headache. Must be old age kicking in :D. I also happen to love my awesome veiw.

13. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

You made it apparent you were taking sides. I think this entire situation has gotten way out of hand. I don't know any of you, nor do I have anything against any of you. I was just telling what happened. I did not pick a fight with anyone, but if put in a situation where I need to stand up for myself... Well, then I will. I know you would yourself.

I also caught you post before you edited.

14. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    wow, been watching too much "Yo momma" I see. Save your terrible comeback/insults for someone who cares.

15. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Not true, I hate confrontation. I let Riz and Susan take care of it for me. Or if it's Screaming Eagles business, Kim. I'm a coward.:p

Okay I'm done with this silliness.

16. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is true. :D

"Soccerkitty", scroll back a bit and actually read the post from modman Harkes.

Drop it already.

17. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    you'd be better off with a geletaine than soap. there are several things that can work though

18. Wormburnner120

Wormburnner120 New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ashburn,VA
    Last Year in the playoffs the Quite Side Started to Yell " The Referee Sucks" before LN could get in "fu*k the Ref! "

19. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

I already did...

20. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Sorry that some people seem to have been hit with sparks, but I couldn't belive my eyes when I saw smoke on that side. If done correctly - not burning people or property - that's something I'd like to see more often. Just my $0.02.

Please don't scratch my eyes out. :D

21. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

Sounds to me like you are the one stuck in that mode. Don't throw it out if you don't want to get it back. Maybe it hit a little too close to home for you, huh. I am not waisting anymore time with any of this.

22. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Cool out folks! We're undefeated! Yay!

Ladies, there's only one way to resolve this...

Gelatin wrestling.

Just kidding...

...not really.

....;)

23. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I put on my velveteen jack boots and sent some notes to folks.

Let's all agree to keep the smokiness on the sunny side of the stadium and let the shady side remain low-impact on the sinuses. I think everyone in this thread agrees that it should be thus, so let's all hold hands and sing Kum-ba-ya. Also it is clear that maybe the folks who are used to the smokiness might not have been in the particular smokiness that caused the consternation, so perhaps should take the word of the "quieter-siders" who actually experienced the discomfort.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

24. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People, friends, felines

We've got the Red Donkeys facing us on Sat, lets direct all this hostility where it belongs!

K

25. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I actually thought it was great have the smoke bombs on both sides.

that being said, I am my kids have allegery problems that are bothered by it. I can see where others would be bothered as well.

Having sat on both sides and up in the boxes, the drunk seat jumpers are a headache, when you have kids.

but you have to love the passion