Post-match: HELL IS REALEREST! MLS Matchday 12 Crew "@" KFC Friday July 9th 730pm

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big J 0526, Jul 5, 2021.

?

RESULT?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Crew win by 2 or more aka Caleb Porter Master Class

35.0%
  2. Crew win by 1

30.0%
  3. Draw

21.7%
  4. Crew lose by 1

3.3%
  5. Crew lose by 2 or more aka Coachbot 9000 disaster class

3.3%
  6. My liver still hasnt recovered from last weekend - Big J

1.7%
  7. Another fy-ure drill? - Crew score 3 goals in a half and win by 2 or more (worth 4 points))

5.0%
  1. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On our last episode, our lovable heroes fought back bravely, led by a march of tens of thousands citizens, to force a stalemate against some rebel scum and their villainous leader. The new fortress of our Crew exceeded every expectation, and looks like a nigh impregnable house of horrors for all who dare come and challenge these heroes.

Next is short trip south to face a rival in the same territory. A upstart group of minions, despite their arrogance and bluster, they have failed to produce anything of true meaning. Surely now our yellow clad heroes will triumph?

chr1st repped this.
  2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think our defense will be fine against Food Lion. But I'm not so sure who might score. Other than Own Goal. He's been pretty hot for us this season.

3. SLSHOT01

SLSHOT01 Member+

Columbus
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    Edison, Ohio
    Owen Goal

[​IMG]

4. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crewster Points standings updated through the weekend:

EAST

New England 9
    Orlando 3
    Cincinnati 2
    Columbus 1
    Montreal 1
    Philadelphia 1
    NYRB 1
    NYC -1
    DC -2
    Atlanta -3
    Nashville -6
    Toronto -7
    Miami -7
    Chicago -13

WEST

Seattle 5
    Kansas City 5
    Austin 4
    LA Galaxy 3
    Colorado 2
    Portland -2
    Houston -3
    Minnesota -3
    LAFC -3
    Vancouver -3
    San Jose -7
    Salt Lake -8
    Dallas -10

5. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another new stadium.

Another tie...

6. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those that are traveling down for the game -
    I reached out to a buddy that works in the FCC FO for some parking information.

If you need though, Cincy does have a street car (would love this in Columbus) that runs for free from down at the River to the top of OTR. The best stop for the Stadium is #8 14th and Elm. The NorOnTour pregame is at Cobblestone OTR which is stop #7.
    It should run until 11:45ish that night.

It can get pretty packed right after the game but runs enough to use.

https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/sites/streetcar/assets/File/streetcar map_Decal_OnTVMs_lettersize.pdf
    IMG_3049.jpg

Robbo Crewfan and CybrSlydr repped this.
  7. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got new Black and Gold kicks for this game. Crew better win.

Attached Files:

SLSHOT01 and TRUJDUB repped this.
  8. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pissed that this is a Friday game. This is a trip I would have made.

TRUJDUB and Ueberjames repped this.
  9. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are all the tickets in the away section accounted for?

10. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    The return game is also on a Friday. I have a meeting in Minneapolis that ends Thursday, and a wedding in Columbus on Saturday. I’m making the trip, along with daughter and son-in-law from Tampa.

11. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    #11 TheRealBilbo, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Here’s a little more for the game… a link to the FC Cincinnati parking site:

https://www.fccincinnati.com/parking

And here is a link to the downtown Cincinnati parking garages list:

https://www.downtowncincinnati.com/exploring-downtown/downtown-cincinnati-parking

My advice would be to park south of Central Ave. most of the stuff north of Central Ave is spoken for by FC Cincinnati or a small lot (maybe a target of opportunity…). Go down by Fountain Square or the Banks. There should be plenty of parking since you’ll be close the the other stadia. The streetcar is not bad. I took it after a Reds game (thanks Ken), and there wasn’t really a wait to get on.

Everything is real walkable. There is a decent elevation change from the Banks to 5th Street.

There is lots to do in the area. Pull up Yelp and do a search. I’d recommend reservations if there is something specific you are looking for.

You could try to see if you can buy a parking pass through Seat Geek, but I got season parking and ended up in the New Kroger Garage. The communication from the team is that they’re still trying to get spaces in garages.

As for me, I’m probably going down around 4:30 and park. I’ll drop the son and wife off at Findlay Market. I’ll take the streetcar up there after I park. It’s not a long walk from there to the stadium… maybe half a mile. We’ll probably be a mixed family… my son still claims the Crew as his team. I made a reservation at French Crust, just in case things are crazy.

Lastly, I know one of the co-owners of The Pitch, which is right across Central Parkway from the Stadium. It’s a great place. They recently had Bullet Old Fashioned on tap.

TKyle, Ueberjames and LaMacchia repped this.
  12. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Will Room be in goal? Cincinnati has been getting a lot of shots in goal lately. Most are getting saved. Brenner and Barreal can be dangerous up top. Without Room, you’ll probably give up 2.

The Cincinnati defense can be caught sleeping on a slotted ball.

I expect a Cincinnati win or draw. I think they’ll contain Zelarayàn, like most of your recent opponents.

Bill Archer repped this.
  13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Reds are away, so there should be ample parking around the stadium or even across the river if you're willing to walk a bit.

It might be worth doing this and utilizing the street car vs paying more and parking closer.

My experience of Cincinnati bars is quite limited, but there was a fun party at the Beer Sellar (a riverboat right by the Purple People Bridge) back in 2014.

...as far as Columbus street cars, we have CBUS. A bus can take detours. Point for buses.

14. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My dad and I really wanted to go down for this game and I was about to pull the trigger on tickets when I found out my brother will be visiting from Latvia. We haven't seen him and my nephews since 2019, so we will be doing a watch party at my parents' house. Have fun, those of you who make it down.

On a side note, my son starts at Miami in the fall, so I suspect I may have other opportunities to check out FC Cincinnati's digs over the next few years.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  15. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What are they called ? I like them wish there was less white tho. Hope you get some black and gold laces those multi colored ones throw off the entire look

16. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No laughing. Promise? Remember you said you liked them...

These are the Adidas Neo Pokemon Quadcube 'Pikachu' Marathon
    Running Shoe.

That's right I got some kids shoes in adult size. League sent out a reminder that we a shouldn't wear competing brands, for shoe wear it's Adidas or non-athletic shoe. So I started looking for yellow and black Adidas, and I liked this yellow the most.

TRUJDUB and chr1st repped this.
  17. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I think he's been called in for National team duty though. We may have to count on Berry instead. :eek:

18. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Will the pub at the stadium be open to watch? If not what's the best place to watch an away game?

19. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Applebee's? --- Sorry, I'll show myself out the door.

ColumbusFTW, TRUJDUB, kgilbert78 and 2 others repped this.
  20. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t imagine it will be yet - I would probably head to Endeavor

21. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the match Saturday, we ducked into the pub. I asked that very question.

The response I got was: eventually, that’s the plan. There’s still a lot to finish, especially the kitchen [I did not recall hearing or reading that it would serve food, but it is a pub; why wouldn’t it?]. The guy I asked seemed to think it won’t be open for away matches until the kitchen is done.

I’d imagine that when it is ready to host viewing parties for road matches, there will be an announcement.

TyphonInc repped this.
  22. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I's love to know the answer to this question. And if they are all spoken for, I would love to hear from anyone who knows of two available tickets. I would really like to take our son to this one. I'm probably still riding the high from Saturday.

At the very least, if someone knows which section our supporters will be in, that would be great.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  23. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nordecke was just given the rest of the allowance from the FO ~200 tickets. They are doing a lottery for the chance to buy. Details on the Nordecke site.

DAFCrew repped this.
  24. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thank you. Any idea what section they are in?

25. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Away allotment is 223-225!

DAFCrew repped this.