Heinze

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by manuniked, Nov 8, 2004.

1. manuniked

manuniked Member

Oct 26, 2004
    New York
    Great player but has anybody else noticed he seems to slip and fall over at least once a game and normally more often !!
    Silvestre and Brown both seem to have caught this bug too in recent games
    You'd think they'd have enough footwear endorsements to be prepared for the conditions-It's not winter yet !!!

2. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Maybe that fat groundsman shouldn't add soo much water. I noticed it too, and his crosses (some) go, I dont know where. But damn did you see that volley against watsimacallit? He plays like Stuart Pearce.

3. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I think it's because he's really, really pushing himself.
    When I run-n-gun like that in games I go ass over teakettle more than once a half.

Heinze is a very fly-by-wire kind of player, almost on the verge of being out of control when he gets going. That why I think you see him throwing his body around so much and going to ground.
    BTW- I love his style of play. Give me a team of Heinze and Smith type players with one RvN type striker and you'd win loads of games.

4. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I agree, Heinze was perhaps our best pickup overall during the summer. Whle Rooney has loads of talent, it just has not translated into goals on a consistent basis. Meanwhile Heinze has totally established himself and earned a lot of praise, justly so.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    We now have the required bite in defense and attack. The midfield needs to be next.

6. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    No, i don't think think we have the right attitude in attack; without Ruud, our 'world class' strikers look like goldfish out of the bowl. THEY CAN'T SCORE TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. But i do agree that we should concentrate on strengthening our midfiled again.

When SAF bought Veron, he was trying to rectify the problem that we had, but it all went horribly wrong. Same happened with Mendieta and Lazio, they paid £20m (we paid £28m) and both were horrible failures in the countrry they went to. I think this is making SAF be a bit more wary about splashing so much on midfiled players.

7. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    I think Rooney looks around and notices a half arsed attitude, so it rubs off on him. Keane, Giggs, and Scholes should all be dropped. Promise from Pique, Bardsley, Spector and Eagles. Heinze is top drawer and wins my vote: "I dont need a rest, just give me that red shirt". Rooney also missed pre-season, thats why hes, playing a lot, cus in pre-season they do tons of running.

8. Cou5

Cou5 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    right here...
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somewhat changing topic but how long does Keane continue to play? If it's the Keane of old stay on forever, but the RK we see today is painfull as it is to say on the backend of a fabulous career. He doesn't seem to have it anymore. Have age and injuries finally caught up with him? I hope not...

9. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    How is that "somewhat changing topic"? That's totally changing the ********ing topic... This is a thread about Heinze sp please don't change 180 on us on the first page of a thread.

10. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    Heinze has certainly turned out to be a great buy. Sometimes he's on the manic side but that's something I can put with as long as the freekicks are sufficiently near the half way line :)

But I've noticed too that Man Utd players often skate around like hockey players while the opposition don't seem to make even a single slide. It's not just Heinze. Choice of footware seems to be another area the coaching staff seems to get wrong (along with heading, shooting, team selection, playing style, half-time motivation, refreshments choices ......... :D )

11. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I guess there is only 1 HEINZE!! :D He has been a great buy and has wonders for us in our defence. Good to him.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I too have noticed the going to ground of several players, especially in the backline and especially at home... the pitch is probably to blame and perhaps the footware selection as well.

13. BillyManutd

BillyManutd New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC
    Yes, i have noticed he slips and falls too often. Also his passing is not that good, but as long as he does his job winning the ball back which he has been doing well, he will be fine. Good signing.

14. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    I know we started watering the pitch more so passing is slicker from our players, but now it seems to be working against us, we're losing the ball more frequently than winning it in 50-50s.

I think it might just be a question of adapting to the watered pitch for Heinze, give him a couple of months and see how he goes. Who knows, we might have to pull a Chelsea and replace our pitch twice in a fortnight if he continues to tear up the turf down the left with Giggs! :D

15. Cou5

Cou5 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    right here...
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just re-watched the Arsenal game last night; who's passing the ball exceptionally well right now? Heinze gives pretty good service from the flanks, isn't afraid to go forward and does a nice job defending. I'd argue he's the purchase of the year thusfar. He's helped solidfy the defense (along with the addition of that Ferdinand-guy). When they do their job in the back, we at least come away with a point. It's two less points than desired but at least it's a point.