Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2726 StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Frank made him the vice captain. Frank likes him as a player and considers him influential in the dressing room. Lampard has described Jorghino as a "driver on and off the pitch". Now that Sarri has gone the fans seem to have accepted and appreciate Jorghino which is good. I had presumed wrongly that Sarri would push hard to sign him in the summer and that he would be keen to return home. Jorghino has stayed, likes London and has learnt English [which is something Ross Barkley has yet to manage] and Jorgi is a good communicator on the pitch.

Clan and lobomojo repped this.
  2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2727 StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Real Madrid? They want Pogba, they want Kante, they want Mbappe AND they want Sancho. Well they can't get them all. We can sell then Drinkwater maybe?

Chelsea, sure we want thee same as every other team, also [next summer] and we shall have money.

I would spend my money on Kalidou Koulibaly. He can play LB and he can play RB. He is a CB. AND maybe we don't need him, because we have Rudiger and Tomori. How good thus far is Tomori? Bloody good. But we have to continue to raise the bar. Not everybody is going to get a game. Christensen is an awesome player. BUT, we continue to improve the squad. So, Kalidou Koulibaly.is better than Virgil VD. He really is. K2 is 28, five good years ahead of him at least. It is tough. But Gallas played as a full back and he was one one of the most complete CB's ever. Ivan also. Ivan was a great CB.

We need to bring in the players to make history.

I would also look at a centre-forward. Tammy has been great. Batsman great. Giroud a world cup winner. But we can improve.

Harrsh. The world of football is harsh.

Chelsea are going to have some money to spend.
    Mbappe?
    Messi?
    Ronaldo?
    Neymar?
    Dyabala?
    Icardi?
    Cavani?
    Rashford?
    Sancho?

Do you want?
    Need?
    Need is so puerile.

lol
    [laughing out loud]

but you see what I mean right?
    We can.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2728 StamfordBridgeLions, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    21year old Romanian winger Florinel Coman. Apparently he is being compared to Mbappe and all the usual top clubs are interested in him.

Los Blancos are reportedly ready to pay £103m for Kante. Such a specific number.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    CAS appeal to be heard on November 20.

Rman3349 and Blueallthru repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Frank Lampard will have up to £150m to spend on players in January if the transfer ban is lifted.

names the press are talking about include: Zaha, Werner, Lyon’s Moussa Dembele, Ben Chilwell . . .

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bruno Guimaraes is another player of interest apparently. Brazilian defensive mid. 21 years. 6ft tall. Club Athletico Paranaense.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's been named a few times and I think this one is just weird enough to stick. Kind of a Vidal type, all action box to box. Has a bad attitude in a good way on the pitch, won't put up with shit type.

lobomojo repped this.
  8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Still think zaha talk is nonsense, and if any truth would be board not Lamp decision, He would be 4th or 5th at wing here and not the type of forward that fits the system

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It would be a terrible call to be honest. Zaha isn't bad. But he isn't all that great either.

lobomojo repped this.
  10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    He’s not that dissimilar from CHO in style. It’s just that the value proposition is awful.

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yeah it is that Zaha, mind you a very good and dangerous player, has peaked and not an area of need for the ridiculous $$$$$ it would take, while CHO and Pul could (sure not necessarily but I like their chances) still have a lot of upside and all in all just as good if not edge better overall already and work with our players, as does Willian, who I think still does more overall than he gets credited by many. I fear that Zaha could be down the SWP road where he is not as good playing with great players as he is being the big fish in smaller pond, which his prior big Club try might indicate.

Dr_Intoxicated and nicephoras repped this.
  13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Willian signs a 2-year extension with us, but that doesn't mean we don't need a replacement in if the player and money is right.

Pulisic is also very good in the middle, making winger more of a priority if winds up playing in the middle more.

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Seeing more and more talk from people on multiple sites advocating the sale of Kante and the purchase of Sancho.

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    We’d play a lot more 4-4 games....

Wrath and lobomojo repped this.
  16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I do think we need another wing/am in summer, bought or promoted, as Pedro, soon, perhaps in Jan, and then Willian in another year or so transition out, I just don't think Zaha is what we need, nor will he improve us in that area (though he would improve many clubs) and he will neither be cheap or "right money"

I also don't see Pul in the middle as a likely scenario often, nor his best position, with Mount and RLC around, and Kante Jorginho and Kov around as deeper Mid's and Billy and Amp in pipeline.

For me, LB especially, another RB are the biggest priorities, along with a youngish rising striker star to back up and compete with Tammy are a priority.
    Also with a healthy Kante, I could see us playing more a diamond with 2 strikers, or Tammy with Pul or CHO. Though I may feel less so with Kante and then Rud back, I could see a need, as Clan discuses, for a dominating nasty physical leader CB, that is first to headers.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If he does not insist on leaving for some bizarre reason, it would be like Real Mad selling us Mak, a prelude to a cursed few years; people have quickly forgotten, apparently, that Kante is the sublime dog's bollocks and still our best player when healthy and used wisely.

18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pedro may look for a move in January with China an option. OR Fenerbahce want to sign Pedro on a free transfer next summer. Giroud could be leaving for France or Palace or West Ham.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ajax star Quincy Promes [27] would be open to playing in the premiership. Liverpool and Arsenal have previously been linked with the winger. imho he would be a better option than Wilfred.

20. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Has been mentioned briefly here, but interested in everyone's thoughts on Ake.

Word is we have a 40mil buy-back on him. That price for a young, versatile defender who already has lots of PL experience seems to be quite a bargain in this market, but how would he fit in with us?

Would be great to get yet another academy lad in the fold.

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never wanted to sell him. I’d rather him than Zouma. However, with AC and Rudiger and now Tomori I doubt he wants to come back.

Rman3349 and lobomojo repped this.
  22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zouma has come on pretty well.

Guehi has a real shot too. He's very athletic and reads the game well.

Rman3349 repped this.
  23. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2748 lobomojo, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    i don't know, Ake was near first on my list in summer and still a first to ball in air dominant player we need, but besides likely Zouma, Christensen would probably have to go soon, as Ake would and should start with Rudiger. Tomori would be 3rd and get a lot of Cup action and some rotation time but the other 2 a bit old, in a still young way, to want to be squad players.

But yeah I have made it clear to mself now :DI want him back, he fills a certain need, and if Zouma and/or Christensen want to leave so be it, he is Chelsea also, and we really need help in the air.

Ake is only 24, thought he was a bit older til I looked, with all the good excellent playing Pl experience, Rudiger, 26, Tomori 21,we would be set at cb for years with that core

Ninjatend0 and Rman3349 repped this.
  24. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah at CB we're pretty well stocked. I seem to remember Ake could also play as a left back though, where we certainly need an upgrade/long-term solution.

The idea of an LB who can also provide cover in the middle is appealing to me, not just because of what it means for squad depth, but I like my fullbacks to be more like defenders and less like wingers.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ake is depth. No point in spending 40mm for that. If he weren’t originally a youth product, his name wouldn’t get much play.
    If we’re going to buy a LB, we should get a great one. Ake is certainly not that.