"Having a relationship with a woman is like baking a cake" - NSROT [17]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Case, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: TBA by TBC: NSROT [17]

I suppose that's some consolation - but rooting for one team anywhere in the world seems hard enough work for me.

2. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's hard, but try rooting for your team playing in a big empty piece of shite for 12+ years now...:mad:

3. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

as gray would say:

"TIKKE BOOO SUN"

:cool:

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

HAHA...I'm out of rep for you!!! Someone rep this man!!

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Thread title changed as Case has the duty to pick from the last thread. Funny story behind this one...or not :rolleyes: :p

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Done :cool:

Btw anyone agree on me on this?

Rafa:

He's just a fat spanish waiter
    Just a fat spanish waiter!

7. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    apparently I won the race for NSROT16, and alas my advisers say I cannot be the one to stir any political or religious contempt with the aforementioned thread titles (the FA still ain't happy ever since I single handedly bought the game into disrepute....). As a little incentive for competition and/or loserdome, the highest poster in NSROT17 can be bestowed the explanation as to the thread title...

Im the greatest motivator since Sven Goran Ericsson....:rolleyes:

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Haha...it is a strange story but an interesting one nonetheless!

9. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Girls are like baking cakes because even if you follow the recipe, something could still go wrong:rolleyes:

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...becoz baking cakes takes alot more time and effort than buying one from sara lee....

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh i get it we cant have a Christmas title for the thread because its not PC but we can have sexiest thread title ... i get it.

appleCORR

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    She does have a point...

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do indeedy!! :rolleyes:

appleCORR

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yawn. I'm getting bored of this PC shit. This is an OT thread, not the ********ing UN. Don't like it, don't post in it. Simple.

15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bigg, were you being serious with a response like that?

Why specifically take my post, which was light-hearted, and take a massive fukn dump on it like that?

I'll accept that you don't agree with the whole PC thing, but hitting out like that, and saying what you said is just plainly disrespectful to a member that contributes so often...

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well firstly you dumped on the Christmas title, then you have a joke about the title Case chose but in the next breath say apps has got a point when she says the title is sexist. Make your mind up!

Regardless of whatever happens, Case won, he chose the title, what's done is done. Everyone wanted the title changed, the title has been changed.

17. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not having a Christmas title is not even PC - it's just respectful.

And why would you insinuate that I was upset that the thread title changed or that Case got to choose it? And since when was there a competition in which a member can 'win'? It changes every time we renew a thread. It is a frikkin thread title afterall! If I knew it was such a big deal, I'd be waiting for my certificate, for naming the previous thread, in the post.:rolleyes:

I've got no problem with any of the above said - what I do have a problem with is your lack of respect towards me in your post, in which you basically told me to piss off.

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I chose the title based on my own personal politics, I hate christmas and fear religious extremists, whereas I find sexism funny and have nowt to fear from girls (what like my blue-balls could get black-balled any further:rolleyes:)
    He who posts most in said thread, renames next installment, So it was written.... Oh wait there's religion AND sexism in the same sentence, that'll be me banned and arrested then....

For the record, there is nothing inherently sexist about this thread title. The sexism is existent only in the mind of the reader, who attributes some kind of inferred disparaging suffix to the end of it... The title is but a analogous simile, anyone taking offence to it does so based upon THEIR own preconceived suppositions....

Why would I ever be sexist when I can start (and subsequently lose) a fight with Ms corr directly!

Don't sweat it man, all us men get techy once a month, if bigg was short with u then it's just his PMT (pick teh sexist bones out of that one!!!)

sanchy my man, have a coke and a smile and shut the F up ;) and mebe put some JD in that coke....I know you're somewhat uptight about such things given the horrific social conditions over there, but fortunately much of the world is mature enough to take and make jokes that conservatives woulda got their knickers twisted over a few years back....My argument against censorship is this, if someone is offended by something, then they're not the desired audience and it's upto THEM to avoid unsuitable material...the converse is "tolerance", a term which you yourslef opened my eyes to the horror of. If we say someone can't say or do something based on the preferences and feelings of others, then we are condoning fascism. I hate smokers and smoking, but what right do I have to stop them doing it on my behalf?.....

Saying that, sometimes I do kinda condone fascism.....:p

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Right. So let me get this straight (I will do this from a UK angle). Not having a Christmas title is "respectful" according to you, but do you know anybody who ignores the fact Christmas Day and Boxing Day are public holidays and carries on nonetheless due to their religious beliefs? Up until a while ago shops weren't allowed to open on Christmas Day, so you think that's disrespectful? The fact of the matter is people observe Christmas, the vast majority of people on this board will be opening presents on Christmas day or at the very least having the day off and I don't think anybody would have moaned if we had a Christmas theme for ONE THREAD. Apart from you obviously, bringing up PC malarchy that doesn't even exist on this board. TBM took the piss saying it was un-PC and you took it seriously, that's why we don't have a Christmas title, so you can be happy about one thing. Who on the board is it respectful to, to not have a Christmas title, by the way?

At this point I will add you just said:

But earlier you said:

So perhaps make your mind up as to whether it bothers you or not?

Then Case made the title of the thread. I don't know where you got the idea that I said you were pissed off that he made it, you're making shit up there and I never said anything to suggest that. I stated that Case made the title, you then made a joke about it as some of us did, and then when apps said:

Which was pointing the finger at YOU, you backtracked and decided to get back on board with your PC nonsense. So one minute you're bothered, the next you're not. I said quite simply, it's a thread title, if you don't like it, you don't have to post. Which is true for ANY thread on ANY forum. You took that to mean "piss off", when I quite clearly said "if you don't like it, don't post".

Clearly your pride has been offended, but that's not my problem because it's not a matter of respect, you've just turned it into one. Perhaps stick with one opinion and we'll take it from there, you've already exerted your "considerable" influence over the thread title by saying Christmas offends people so take that as your respect on this board. Well done mate, round of applause

Oh, and just to make it clear, the person who makes the most posts in the OT thread has the opportunity to make the thread title. They can make it or not, it's up to them, but then again that was decided when you went on your big sulk a while ago and stopped posting so perhaps we should have all updated you "out of respect" when you got back.

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'll also just add (to Case) that if people actually knew what the title MEANT, there wouldn't be a debate over whether it was sexist or not!!!!!!!!

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    True, but regardless of what was meant, nothing was SAID that is in itself sexist....

Guys, in the spirit of, erm, december, can't we all just get along!!! Cheatski are off the title pace, and that, after all, is the main thing here guys.....

22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am not at all offended by the title our lovely du-ragged friend chose.

My point was that people got their knickers in a twist over a festive title and i just felt i should point that out.

Personally i don't think many ppl on the board would have been offended by a Christmas title. Considering most cultures celebrate christmas anyhow.

So lets just let it drop and remember the board is a place for light hearted fun, we don't get in depth about politics, religion or what is PC and what isn't PC. We just talk about football and how much of a du-ragged fool Case is!

appleCORR

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Did someone say PC?

[​IMG]

24. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yip, my internet pride sure did get shattered today...

25. Skizz

Skizz Guest

For someone who's tagline is "I ain't no drama queen" you certainly do a good impression of one.

And for someone who says "internet pride" with the utmost sarcasm your moaning about being "disrespected as a regular poster" does sort of go against that idea that you're being sarcastic when you say your "internet pride" was shattered.

Just leave it.