Rumor: Have I Heard:Dinho's Dead???...

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by kingkong1, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Davids was only at Barcelona for six months but it highlights how crucial he was. Do you recall much about the first half of that season? I am well aware that some of the names I listed came into their own some seasons later but I was responding to a general point about the influence of Ronaldinho and one that was made in direct comparison to Riquelme. Ronaldinho was not Mr. Barcelona when he first arrived, nor was he during their success and he most certainly was not during later years. Was he one of their better players? Of course but he did not do it all alone nor was he the most important as some would have you believe.

I do not like the following approach to ranking players:

Brazilian? Check.
    Flashy? Check.
    Big club? Check.

He simply must be a great player! Give him an award for passing our test!

2. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Name a barcelona player that was better during that period (ronaldinho's prime).

3. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]
    Not enough for you, huh? :cool: ...

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Eto'o

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Eto'o was pichichi, and Messi was an emerging supersub boy wonder, but Ronaldinho was in fact Mr. Barcelona. Barcelona was the Ronaldinho Show, Ronaldinho and Co., Ronaldinho and Sons, Ronaldinho and the Maytals. Ronaldo de f***ing Assis Moreira Ltd. It ended in tears, but I'm not sure I'll see its like again in my lifetime.

6. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    this guy never gives up eh? explain why.
    Forlan was pichichi when Riquelme played for Villareal, so using your logic He mist be the most influencial player in that team.
    And stop using hypothetical arguments please, i want facts , statistics, records.

7. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Teso, give up :) .

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If you would bother to read my posts you would find the justification.

9. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's concede Teso is making a herculean effort.

At least stopped with those minimalist posts:

Eh? Uh? Rubbish :p ...

Although once in a while he stages a come back:

Etto'o.

10. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Etto'o better than Ronaldinho Gaúcho - the last great Teso's joke in BS :p .

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Why should I bother with justification when no-one else has the decency to do likewise?

12. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No wonder you are the first to say it... :rolleyes:

I certainly don't agree with Teso on the superiority of Riquelme over Ronnie, but you must not have watched much of Riquelme to claim he can't do those passes. Fact is that his vision and ball conservation are the only aspects on which he could be (slightly) superior to Ronaldinho.

13. phishnchipz

phishnchipz Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm wasn't talking about retaining possession. Straightup question - do you think Riquelme could have pulled off that pass against AC Milan. And the way he did it so effortlessly suggests that Ronnie could have done many more like that if he weren't playing in a team that emphasized a slow buildup so much.

14. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    where? I read all your posts and fail to find facts and statistics to support your argument of Riquelme 'being more influencial than Ronaldinho'. All i found was hypothetical arguments and opinions.

15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The only reason this thread was created and we are discussing Ronaldinho is precisely because he is playing in a team that emphases a slow build-up.

Keep reading then. Remember that if you do not understand something all you need to do is ask.

16. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks for appearing at the very source of my thoughts: my neuroniums celebrate your illuminating company.
    Now you invented the powder! :D ...

Any team that reunites for the 1st time 4 or 5 great players will have nothing to emphasize but a 'slow build-up' :cool: ...

Don't forget to read my signature...

17. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Your deliberately ignoring the question now. :rolleyes:

heres my question , and its a simple one : Where?

18. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good enough for Milan, but Seleçao shouldn't count on him anymore...

19. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Because of yesterday in Quito?...

How about then Messi in Santiago?...

(PS: Everybody plays shit, man, in the altitude, if not appropriately adapted.)

20. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's more like a general trend. I think you can expect him to show up some of his magic at a game or the other, but I feel it would be a big mistake to rely on him for WC2010 as you were suggesting.

21. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't say rely.

But make a conscious bet.

The same thing you'd do with Riquelme.;)

22. Fried

Fried New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Kridjijimbé
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just came here to confess publicly that I've never seen a Villareal game. :(

OK, was lying. It's also to claim that Cláudio Milar had a consistent long peak in Brasil from Pelotas, even assuming that my second listed foe has been a top world one. But maybe the Ballon d'Or and FIFA elections, which include, mmm, arguably reasonable samples of choices from several countries, happen to be criterias above mine. :(

As for Dinho (dear kk1, yes, a bunch of Grêmio betrayed wives hate him, but I'm not one of them), hope something like what's already happened, a colorful dawn after PSG gray twilight, is in at least a closen progress. However, always have dreamt on him turning THE playmaker, but which cames to mind are those licked lips in 2006, I mean, think he's a genious who lacks personality (would accuse his brother for that). Anyway my dream's not over, and we have Kaká for a leading role... :eek:

23. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll remind you that one of the most unanimously venerated players by the posters of this Forum - Jairzinho, the 1970 'Cup Hurricane' - was, before the tournament, also considered in Brazil a genius who didn't have 'posture'.

He had tremendous ability & speed but, as soon as he was served, he'd always dribble everybody with his head down & would only stop with the ball dominated besides the line after stumbling on...reporters & ads posters.:D

His response came in the few games of that Cup, when he'd only stop inside the adversary's nets.

Gotta give credit.

24. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Jairzinho... the ONLY player to score at least 1 goal in each and EVERY game in a World Cup... ever!!

Nobody else has done this - and I don't believe we will see another player do it again soon....

as my brother told me back in 1970: "Jairzinho ta' comendo a bola!!!" :D

As for Ronaldinho: any attempt at predicting anything is risky... they predicted Brasil to win in 1950... Colombia was going to win in 1994... Pele was too old in 1970... Brasil was going to win in 1982, etc etc

25. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep,

But before the Cup he was generally seen as a 'dumbhead':(...

Same with Ronaldinho now...