Have I Got a Deal For You (equipment sale extra)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by MaxSchulz, Dec 2, 2004.

1. MaxSchulz

MaxSchulz New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    Man oh man, this is good ... for you, maybe not for me. At the equipment sale, I picked up a Quaranta MLS Cup jersey. It's awesome, has the cool MLS Cup 04 patch and everything. It's a sweet piece of apparel.

One problem: I'm too big. I thought I could fit but, well, let's just say I could afford to hit the gym once in a while. It's a men's large, and I guess I am XL.

So I am putting it up for offer. I'll sell it (basically looking to get back the $80 I paid for it, though I am always willing to entertain higher!). But what I would really like to do is trade if you've got something cool in XL. So what have you got? Just so you know, I am looking for the white jersey with the vertical black stripes we wore around 98. Also, I need the first year white jersey. (And, to repeat, I kinda need XL.) However, I am willing to entertain any sort of a sufficiently cool trade, so make me an offer.

PM me and, as Monte Hall would say, let's make a deal.

2. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    Dude I did the same thing with an Eskandarian jersey today and got jack in return. Good luck though.

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I think the DCU should draft a big fat guy! Although Ara came in an XL, I couldn't consider it - not knowing if Knave had his jersey. Can you imagine the mayhem that would have been strewn on this board - if Knave's "passion" was sated?

4. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Max-

Check your PMs

5. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Where did you see the XL? The one I picked up for him was (I thought) just a L. It was funny, I knew the Ara stuff would stick around so I focused on some other stuff first, but I kept hearing people call out that they had found an Ara jersey and wondering if someone was looking for one :)

The one I found met all the criteria he gave me and had the bonus of the MLS Cup patch (though it was a real bonus since I didn't know to look for it and didn't notice until later). Regardless, it's already on it's way and i'm sure it will become the center piece of the Ara shrine in CA :D

-dave

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Whatever the size the MLS Cup patch on the Ara jersey you picked up for me made it worth choosing that one over all others.

And I don't have a shrine. Had he stuck around with the team ... well, then I might have had a chance to make a shrine.