Hattrick Gossip...

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Darr, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    So since we're offsite of Hattrick itself... It's question time...

-I'm intereseted in the story behind the recent National team and U20 web site switch???... Whoever ran the former website has been banned for password stealing or something similar...

-As well the UBER 17 year old Midfielder, believe he was a first week pull, Excellent PM Excellent Passing Gregory Green (44919851) has an owner who it looks like has switch to walkover mode... He is owned by the user that was always buying supporter for everyone on the conferences... This was the future starter for the U20 and Nat squad, one of the best pulls ever...

Darr_
    Nocturnal United
    Div III

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do note that GM-George is also a member here, although I don't know how frequently he reads it.

As I said in the other thread, I agreed I wouldn't talk about it. Sorry.

3. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

Aye I know George is a member here... I've actually met him a few times at a couple Cardinal games...
    But that doesn't prevent us, possibly him because of his position, from discussing it...

4. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

Lazy me, didn't catch up on my reading to see if was brought up.... ;)

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm not so interested in the gossip, but very interested in seeing what happens with the player Gregory Green...

Hate to see that guy vanish, but there doesn't seem to be a way for him to be placed on the transfer list?...I read abit about this on the conf board....anyone else shed some light?

free gregory green!...

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way that I think he can be saved, is if one of the national team coaches places him on the team, then he could be placed on the transfer list, because GM's can do that for players that play for the nats. So since we have the nats coach on here with us as well now, you can ask him what the situation is.

7. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

U20 coach could call him up based on potential, and that would force the powers at be to TL him...

8. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    I HT-mailed AE about this earlier today. I think putting him on the full nats would be better than the U-20s since the U-20s are just starting the World Cup and can't really spare any extra roster spots.

9. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Which other thread?

edit--the crimestoppers thread. I forgot for a minte I could search for craig p's other posts.

10. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with Green is this: If we wait to add him, it will be several weeks and he will have lost his advantage. But it's not worth it to hurt team spirit and call him up now -- we're going into the world cup and Green is an off-season pull so is actually more valuable for the national team than the U20's, who should be able to qualify with little trouble in three seasons without him.

11. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Let's just look at it as if he got a fluke +5 injury that derailed his nats career (read that analogy on the HT forum). I don't think there's anything that can be done to fix the situation.

The USA nats will survive. Long enough for several coaches to get burned at the stake, at least.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah I'm sure the Nat and U-20s won't have a big problem or die. However I would be interested to see him get called up anyways in order to save the excellent/excellent stat.

13. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I too am privy to what happened and while I didn't promise I wouldn't say anything, I don't feel right saying something. I will say this: Dersatz deserved to be removed from Hattrick. As for Gregory Green, there is still discussion going on. I haved talked to both AE and brxnivy today. As well as George. I would have to agree with Lone Star. He is an offseason 17 year old. His future is with the Nats not the U-20s. That being said, I would like to see him released. However, it would have to be done soon and neither team can afford to add him right now. The juniors because of the Cup run which continues tomorrow and the seniors because they are going to add Nicholas Kimble for their final spot.

As it stands right now, he will probably end up being reset in 7 weeks time.

And Darr, yes, you're right we can discuss the issue here and probably not have to worry about getting in trouble.

14. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The way I see it, we(the Siths) own this place. So talk away. :D

15. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    LOL.

16. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey I saw the Star Wars :Revenge of the Sith trailor so I'm gearing up.

17. ardent enthusiast

ardent enthusiast New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Djibouti, Africa
    I added Kimble tonight. So, if Green's going to be added, it will have to be with the U-20 team.

While nivy and I haven't directly talked about Green's status, we did talk about Kimble's, and nivy felt it was important to add Kimble. Therefore, I don't think nivy believes I'm holding him over a barrel here. Perhaps a small pothole, but definitely not a barrel.

18. Jimjamesak

Jimjamesak New Member

May 3, 2003
    Anchorage Alaska
    So if Gregory Green is freed does that mean Homer Simpson will be freed?

19. ardent enthusiast

ardent enthusiast New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Djibouti, Africa
    If he frees Green, I'll almost feel obligated to free Homer.

20. Jimjamesak

Jimjamesak New Member

May 3, 2003
    Anchorage Alaska
    If you free Homer then you will never, ever have to pay for supporter. People will love you forever. And you could get reelected.

21. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We need a Hall of Fame for players like Homer.

22. Jimjamesak

Jimjamesak New Member

May 3, 2003
    Anchorage Alaska
    Especially since he's the only player to eat donuts and drink Duff Beer on Hattrick ;).

23. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I have no useful alternative, but is there a better way to handle this sort of thing than having a big red "WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT THIS!" message at the top of the conference seems counterproductive. Seemed like it was the same deal with the guy who made all the logos, and even Center City Gooners. I'm glad they're catching cheaters, and I understand that they don't want to describe HOW they were cheating in case struggling D3 teams in their tenth season get tempted (cough), but the "Don't think about a pink rhinoceros!" factor seriously kicks in at some point.

24. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me just say that knowing what I know about the reason for the lockdown, I fully understand why George felt compelled to post that message. The warning was entirely appropriate, and I'm sure they felt that they could not in good conscience say nothing and see a naive user possibly get burned.

The Dersatz thing is unprecedented because it involves booting somebody who had started running a very significant offsite forum for the U.S. The others (er, not sure about Center City Gooners, that's before my time) have always come up when the player who was banned takes advantage of another outlet and (rightly or wrongly) tries to get some sympathy for how they've been ill-used. When it comes up in conferences, the threads get closed down, but they don't have the big sticky calling attention to them that Dersatz has.

25. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

So spill the beans, inquiring minds want to know... From my best guess he was banned for stealing passwords off his website... :confused: