Hattrick down

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by John_Harkes_6, Nov 23, 2004.

1. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Is the site down for anyone else?

2. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    It is for me, but my coworker in the cube next to me has been loggin in just fine. Very frustrating.

3. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Yep. It was down about an hour and a half ago, and it's down right now. A pity, because my team is playing a firendly in England right now.

4. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    From their site:
    Taking a break...

Current HT-Time: 2004-11-23 22:21:40

We have been having all sorts of technical and software problems tonight and apologise for any inconvenience. We are still working on solving the problem and cannot yet say when the server comes up tonight.

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Has Hattrick ever experienced a data loss before?

6. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Boy I hope not. I've just had myself a great week in the game, I don't want to lose it!

7. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i remember hearing about one a while ago but it was before i started playing. there isnt much data loss because they back up everything so much

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard of one, but I don't know if that's correct or not, that'd be a question for the_cyclones, aka GM-George, or LoneStar to answer, they've probably been around the game the longest and post here.

9. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    I'm thinking really hard here, but can't remember a data loss that affected me to any serious degree. I remember a few youth pull bugs where some people got two players, or people pulled awesome players who then disappeared, but not much else. Oh, I remember one week the economy update was doubled, causing quite a few teams to go bankrupt. I also remember a long time ago there was a bug in Sweden where any cup match in the first round that ended in a draw suddenly declared the underdog the winner. The HT gods decided to keep the results and move on.

But I don't remember ever losing players or match results or training due to a server crash. It's a fear of mine, though.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There was black tuesday or was it thursday where HT was down for almost a full and a half. Can't remember if a server crashed or not.

11. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    I found this press release in my archives:

12/19/2003 PCFC Wins! Oh, and loses.......
    Panther City FC defeated Buckeye FC 6-1 to advance in the US Open Cup. Congrats!

Panther City FC management was unable to adjust the lineup before 'Black Wednesday', therefore starters took the field without an explanation from the coach. Training was lost. Boo!

12. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    There was one time it went down, and everyone got a free youth pull out of it. Got a decent keeper with my 2nd pull.