Has Sir Bobby resigned?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by jmpike, Sep 30, 2003.

1. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Rumour going around in the Arsenal's mb of 606.

2. kpwright

kpwright New Member

Sep 30, 2003
    Newcastle
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is true, given the alleged events concerning the club and given our indifferent start (which I must admit does pale in comparison to the alleged events).

3. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    kpwright,

Are people on Tyneside confirming that this mess in London involved Newcastle players?

4. kpwright

kpwright New Member

Sep 30, 2003
    Newcastle
    Nobody is saying a word, the local press in particular are keeping very quiet, but given the circumstances and when the alleged assault took place (on the Friday night) it does seem to point to NUFC. The thing which makes me think that there may be something to this is that the club haven't issued any sort of denial and I have being hearing variations on the same story from various different sources all day.

If this is true I do feel for the girl involved.

5. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    well kp, if SBR did quit it would be over this. I have never thought of him being another Keegan. Besides, it's hard for me believe people would want him out based on the results on the field.

My only beef is that he will no longer consider using Lua Lua or try Viana in the central midfield.

6. kpwright

kpwright New Member

Sep 30, 2003
    Newcastle
    I think that if Bobby did quit it would not be the results that caused it. It's the other events, which I am sure you will agree are pretty bad.

There is a small minority who are questioning him overall, but I do think there are some well founded reservations in relation to some of his team selections, in particular the midfield pairing of Speed & Dyer. I have thought for a while Dyer would be more effective on the right as he doen't domniate or influence the game enough, I am also concerned about Speed's contribution. Yeah, I do agree re: Viana, or Jenas, or Bowyer in the middle.

I also agree re: Lua Lua who is not even making the subs bench and I do think it's a bit unfair on Chopra to bring him on when we are chasing a game as he doesn't yet have the experience. Lua Lua would be more effective in this role.

7. kpwright

kpwright New Member

Sep 30, 2003
    Newcastle
    From football 365:

Newcastle United have moved to quash speculation that Sir Bobby Robson has resigned.

The 70-year-old has been under pressure following his side's poor start to the season, and rumours began circulating that he had ended his stay at St James' Park after more than four years.

However, the club has dismissed the stories in a brief statement released to the Stock Exchange.

"Newcastle United notes recent media speculation regarding Sir Bobby Robson and confirms that Sir Bobby Robson has not resigned and that any reports to the contrary are completely unfounded," it read.

8. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Well, the club has squashed one rumour....

...but what about the London incident?

If no Newcastle players were involved, the club would say so, wouldn't it?

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  10. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there were 2 other matches in London at the weekend? Have the clubs involved issued denials? With the media 'blackout' it may just be that they've been shut down on the subject as well.

Maybe Kobe knows?

11. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    NEW INFO

Why are we continuing that other conversation HERE?
    Never mind.

You should all read this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3147676.stm

I also heard from somebody else that the British Attorney General is closing down Message Boards when names and teams are tossed around, could damage the case for the victim if culprits have access and can print the junk.

12. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been a while, but someone suggested that Friday's incident was the final straw and that SBR was taking the fall for his players (again).

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  14. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Re: Re: NEW INFO

¿Cómo le va? Hay otro lugar con mucha información, pero está larguísimo y aburridisimo.

A recap:
    Names that did pop up were those of the younger Newcastle players, Jenas, Dyer, and I don't know who else, you can read the posting called "Alarming News" on this board (read the last two pages). And the boyfriend of the girl was Chelsea's Carlton Cole.
    I don't know anything about Carlton. But I have serious doubts about Newcastle's. EXCEPT, that a different paper has a report related to Newcastle's manager, Sir Bobby Robson, who apparently is under fire with Newcastle's board for being unable to control "the youngsters" in his team. This report was published the week before the game against Arsenal.

Then, with all the speculation of who did what to whom,
    the messageboards were practically shut down in England. Attorney General warned everyone of libelous content (illegal to name names). The messageboard in BBC, 606, became very slow when moderators resorted to reading every posting and reply before allowing it to be on line.

I participate in 606 Arsenal's messageboard (MB), and was able to get some info before the censorship took place. But it was all too much gossip and just pointing the finger at usual suspects, Lee Bowyer and Bellamy, who have a bad reputation of appearing in front of a judge in the past. Woodgate was also named there, for the same reasons.

But these twenty year olds do put a new perspective into things.

Then there was one reply who said that the victim could be a golddigger, she went to the tabloid paper The Sun before going to the police. If this is proven, she may not have a case.

Looks very bad.