Has Reyes done his knee?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Lowecifer, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  2. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    I think its news to everyone.

It sure looks damn good to see Olsen listed as "Probable" though.

3. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    There was nothing I saw at the game on Saturday to indicate that Reyes was hurting. He was kicking a** right up til the final whistle.

Also, Villegas is listed with a strained hammy. Don't recall any signs of that on Saturday either.

And it is indeed sweet to see Olsen listed as "Probable".

4. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    I hope Olsen remains probable.

I hope it was just that he was winded that caused him to go out of the game. (And he did look very tired.) I dread hearing that he has aggravated that old injury again.

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    He wasn't limping off, but definitely ran out of steam about 5-10 minutes before he was subbed out. Hopefully he can go a solid 30 tomorrow night.

6. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    All of DCU has an MCL problem -- Multiple Chronic Losing syndrome.

7. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Re: Re: Has Reyes done his knee?

ba-dump dump! CRASH!

8. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Re: Re: Re: Has Reyes done his knee?

"Thank you. I will be here all week."

9. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    *in best comedy club heckler's voice*

"You'll SUCK all week then!" :)

10. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    UNFOUNDED SPECULATION ... NO BASIS WHATSOEVER

If its in the Report, then it's probably correct ... BUT, since this is BS, let's have a little highly improbable and totally unfounded rumor speculation ... here's mine: ;)

Because rumors are swirling faster than Mark Watson can raise his arm, I'm sure all of the players on DC United's roster are wondering whether THEY'LL be the target of a switch to bring in a discovery pick for Gazza and/or a forward. Realizing that, probably the team we'd be making the trade with wouldn't want an injured player. SO, if Reyes thought he might be on the trade block, what better way to ensure you remained in Dc than to all of a sudden acquire a sore knee? Also, this could be another way of Hudson protecting his prized acquisition from other teams' greedy discovery-pick-extortion.

Totally unfounded, 99% likely to be wrong, but hey, it's fun to think about and it makes us feel better than worrying that we may lose El Jocon to DC's overworked training table.

-Tron ... stiring up trouble again ;)

11. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Does anyone with a brain know anything about MCL sprains? I would assume that it is not as severe an injury as an ACL? How long are we talking about with Reyes? Will he be okay after the allstar game?

Man.. we really have no luck.... First the Allstar game HERE now this... :-(

12. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

MCL sprains suck. I just recently recovered from one. On the face of it, they are less serious than ACL tears, since they usually heal without surgury. To start, when they call it a "sprain," what it really is, is a small tear in the ligament (The MCL is what keeps the knee from moving too far side to side). The problem with MCL tears is that they are extremely unpredictible. It's easy to try and come back early from MCL problems and injure something more serious as a result (For example, by coming back early, I tore my hamstring and ended up out for an extra 4 months.) The biggest problem is further injury to the Hamstring, ACL or Meniscus.

JMac

13. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    I think Reyes wants to play every minute of every game. Remember how upset he was earlier in the year when he had to sit out a game for 3 yellows in a row or somesuch?

Then again, that was before he settled into the "DC system." He might want to do anything to avoid more games by now...but I think he wants to play.