Has anyone heard when Taylor will be back??

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by mj23drj, Jun 30, 2005.

1. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see Smith as being much the same type of player as Cassio in that he looks like he can play. In Smith's case I question if he has the heart to play. I've seen him back off crosses that he could have had but didn't go for because o fthe risk of a collision. For me, that shows a lack of guts. Twellman or Dempsey would have gone for them but Smith protects himself. In time, I think SN will put him on the same bus that Cassio took.

My biggest fear is that he will get in Twellman's way and screw up chances. He has to give Twellman room to do his thing and I'm not sure he will.

2. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Revenge of the Smith

I concede the point made by UP and now by you that Smith has yet to crash the area with abandon. Perhaps the Bermudan league is a more polite or more tightly reffed league. Perhaps he has never been pushed to do it as we assume Nicol has done, and he is still learning the timing. Maybe he hasn't got the gonads as some on this board believe. We'll see.

But there is a lot more to Peter Crouch than loitering in the area to bonk in crosses. IMO, he wins more air balls with cleverness than with muscle.

3. Revs-West

Revs-West Member

Mar 24, 2004
    from MLSnet.com

Looking sharp and harboring no ill effects in Friday's training session, Twellman even attempted a bicycle kick during a training match.

"He has felt no ill effects from anything," said Nicol. "He just needs to watch what he's doing. If he's doing something stupid, we know that things are back to normal."

In other words....he'll play against LA.