Harry Redknapp's Football For Dummies - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by FabregasTED, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

Carry on.

1 person likes this.
  2. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    i know they're only friendlies, but portugal are beating spain 3-0 with 15 mins left and italy drew with romania 1-1.

3. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    England are rubbish. But we already knew that. On the bright side, England at Euro 2012 will have a side with JFW, Theo, and Gibbs as key pieces. And if we decide to give Eastmond and Frimpong more games, they'll play for England as well at some point.

4. Blue'N'Gooner

Blue'N'Gooner New Member

May 29, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Boy, Nasri and Gourcuff ran the midfield against England at Wembley with ease.

5. luvgunners

luvgunners Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Did you watch the game at all? He played the whole second half.

6. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hasn't it been that way in italy for a rather long time? liverani (i think?) had to deal with something similar from his home fans, if i recall correctly. while there were actual efforts to curb occurrences of it in england but i am not aware of similar efforts in italy.

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wish the teams we play against are all as rubbish as England are in the midfield.

8. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great...we'll have 3 players injured to start the 2012-2013 season. :mad:

(weird...I think I channeled the ghost of rewinder)

9. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *thinks about posting a picture of Ghostbusters*

ehh.

10. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's sad, especially when so many other countries have done such a good job ending abuse. The far-right supporters groups in Italy and France have been embarrassing for some time now. I only hope we can avoid a tragedy that forces people to act.

11. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    In on new thread....nothing to add.

12. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
  13. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks

The thing is that for all the crap we get from Europeans, something like this would never happen today in America. We celebrate our national team's diversity. Here is what we Americans did for the son of a Gambian immigrant...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tuvnSMHQ4&feature=related"]YouTube - US-Costa Rica WCQ DC Charlie Davies #9[/ame]

Get well Charlie!!!

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMd82XxT9to"]YouTube - ??? ??????? ? ????? "??????-???????" 0:1 Goal Lukaku[/ame]

yikes

15. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    so much for akinfeev then?

16. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey don't drag France into this, our stadium culture is just fine. They only real problems can be found with a club that starts with a 'P' and ends with a 'SG'.

17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    we must find another keeper we dont watch to build up :cool:

18. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't deciding that a player isn't good based on one highlight just as bad as deciding that a player is good based on some highlights?

Iker Casillas has made mistakes of similar stupidity before - usually one or two a season. I don't know a keeper in the world that doesn't completely screw up every now and then.

I agree with the notion that maybe we don't know how good Akinfeev is because we don't see him regularly. But I don't see what this play proves.

I watched some of his domestic games a few seasons ago when their matches were on the old ESPN360. I thought he was quite good then. I haven't seen him much in a couple of years now, so who knows. Maybe he stagnated because he didn't get the big move.

19. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that we had a deal reached for Akinfeev last January and backed out after agreeing to personal terms. Now, of course all transfer gossip is speculation, but I recall thinking at the time that it sounded more probable than not. I just don't see Wenger buying a keeper in January/summer unless Fab falls completely flat on his face.

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    italy is so far behind on racism it's untrue

spain can be bad too, idiotic really

italians and spanish people don't realise the moors existed? lol

21. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the few times ive seen him the last few years, he has made mistakes and not been impressive...

he was really sick against us in CL back in 2006, and I feel thats where the legend was built but since he came back from the ACL tear, it just hasnt been there from the times ive seen him...

and honestly, if we grill our goalkeepers because they make mistakes... I dont see why its unfair to say the same of other keepers who make mistakes (and Akinfeev has made a lot of mistakes over the last few years) and pointing it out

and as for Iker, I dont think he is as great as he was a few years ago mostly due to the many mistakes he has made over the last few years

22. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was shocked to see Lloris flopping all over the place against England yesterday.

So far Wenger looks pretty smart this season in that regard.

23. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He actually does that fairly often, he's pretty reckless coming out for the ball at times.