harry kewell

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by WishHoustonHAdATeam, Jul 6, 2005.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    So basically, you want him to do everything that we expected him to do when we bought him? I'm done waiting.

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    steady mate... woah~ :eek:

3. twh3

twh3 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    believe it or not, I expected more than that to begin with... silly me. But I understand everyone's impatience, but I just don't see him going anywhere, despite our hopes. If he is on the pitch, might as well hope for the best and throw your support behind Rafa for playing him... whattayagonnado? :rolleyes:

4. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
    kewel reminds somewhat of an ex-wife, than you cannot get rid of, but still have to give a check to every month.
    the only difference being you don't get the occasional BJ when you drop the check off drunk, late on a saturday night...

5. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Harry Kewell hasn't played a game this season and yet there is a thread devoted entirely to him. That is classic. C'mon people, new season--clean slate for everybody.

Let's wait until after the Wrexham game. :D

6. timberley11

timberley11 New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I was not disagreeing with you, I was just saying Warnock is better a left back and plays with more class than Traore. Poor old Traore had a terrible first half display against Milan and only made up for it with the clearance off the line in the second half, and this was on top of some terrible games he had played all season.

But considering this thread is about Kewell we best not even mention his performance in the Champions League Final. So I agree with you 100% about his workrate and attitude

7. Dundalis

Dundalis New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    I've defended Kewell for a long time, however I'm done defending him. This season if he can't produce I could care less what happens to him. But the fact of the matter is it would be pointless selling him. We would get crap all for him, when his actual value is much higher. So it is pointless selling him. Sure his wages need to be paid, but we aren't paying them, and I doubt his wages are the reason we won't have a big transfer budget. That said there is still the chance he could come good.

Honestly this is the first season since he has been here that is supposedly injury free. To not give him a try injury free would be stupid on Liverpools part. Why sell him for crap all only to see him explode for another club and see his value rise? There is no real advantage to getting rid of him, except because people hate him, simply because they wrongly pinned all their hopes on him. It's not like he cost a fortune.

8. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Say what?

£6m in transfer fee, £3,48m in wages to date and another £1m in bonuses including - get this - a performance and win bonus for the Champions League final!

£10m for a player who has had three months of decent form and 15 months of injury and "injury".

Face it, that's more than Diouf-scale wastefulness. At least Diouf actually wanted to play, even if he was never that useful when he did.

9. Dundalis

Dundalis New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    No its not more than Diouf scale wastefulness. He did more than Diouf did in those few months and you can add those wages to any star player we can bring in, I still don't regard it as a big deal. Also it was 5 million transfer fee from what I heard. The fact is we gain nothing getting rid of him, but have a lot to possibly gain by keeping him. At least for one injury free season. If he can't produce injury free then he never will, and then he would become useless.

10. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Harry will come good this season!!

11. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    This new season he just needs a change of attitude he may bring for us some great goals but i dont know he really does nothing for us and i really dont know why he cant work any other to get rid of his injuries i know this aint possible but he needs like some groin transplant.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'd just like to congratulate Liverpool on finally filling that Winston Bogarde role.

13. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I, for one, would like to know where you got this idea...

14. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Perhaps Liverpool could not pay my wages in a similar fashion?

15. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully 'arry can grow some hair on his vagina and show up this year willing to earn his wages. If not we'll be stuck with him as no one will want to either buy him or pay his wages. With the additions being made to our squad he may be a very expensive reserve player.

16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    If Kewell is injury free :rolleyes: he will add to the squad that extra depth Rafa wants/needs this season. The added strength of squad will be a motivation as well for him. Lets not forget that Australia is still waiting for their play-off games against Conmebol's #5 team .... it will/should be in his best interest to be well prepared for the season and perhaps the WC.

17. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    In hair styling? (Cos he's tried the footballing thing and it didn't take......)

18. DoodleBob

DoodleBob New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Milton Keynes
    Right Listen Harry Kewell Is Absoloutly CRAP!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thing is, who is making that decision? Because if it's based on last season, then it's not our medical staff, it's Harry "I mussed up my hair" Kewell.

I agree that an injury-free season will be an advantage to all concerned in getting Kewell to repay some of the faith and patience shown to date. But additionally, we require some evidence of heart, grit and commitment from a player who has proven increasingly hesitant to go to such lengths in return for his THREE MILLION FOUR-HUNDRED AND FORTHY-EIGHT THOUSAND POUND annual salary.

20. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    But you have to remember, we're not paying it. ;)

21. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

May 27, 2003
    UK
    On last year's performances I'm beginning to think Everton are.

22. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    how come harry wasn't even on the bench today? Injured?

23. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sprained vagina

24. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's down for two shifts as a parking attendant for the TNS game on Wednesday. A tired parking attendant = scuffed Beemers.

25. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Nope, wrong, Matt.....he's just called in sick. He said he felt OK but couldn't guarantee any more than 20 minutes before his *something* gave out.......