harry kewell

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by WishHoustonHAdATeam, Jul 6, 2005.

1. WishHoustonHAdATeam

WishHoustonHAdATeam New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Houston Texas
    Should Kewell be given at least the first term of the season to prove himself to Rafa and the Liverpool faithful, if not who is interested, and for how much?

2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, no one, I'll pay his bus fare.

3. WishHoustonHAdATeam

WishHoustonHAdATeam New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Houston Texas
    I honestly only saw a couple of games over the season, did he play THAT bad? and what was his transfer fee? did rafa buy him?

4. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't get me started ...

£5m and no, Houllier bought him.

5. Morgan_Master

Morgan_Master New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Gippsland, Australia
    Give him a chance next year when he has had time to gather full fitness, you'll see.

6. rapid=religion

rapid=religion New Member

Jul 6, 2005
    yeah, give him a chance!

he might not have a good season (ok he was crap) but I'm sure that's why he will seek for compensation next season and will try even harder.

he's a great player, he only has to show.

but when everyone (even the fans) slaughters him he will never play at his best. he seems to be quite sensitive and when someone like him doesn't feel comfortable, needed, liked ... just doesn't feel well at his club, it's extremely hard ...

give him another chance to prove his worth next season.

7. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well he can hardly try less than he has to date. He tries any less harder and he'd be a candidate for leader of the Natural Law Party.

We're stuck with him, it seems, so he'll get the support due any player when he's on the field, but I for one would not be in the slighted bothered to see him leave/get injured/die.

8. rapid=religion

Jul 6, 2005

Wow, that's heavy ...

Why don't you like him really, ha? unfortunately we in austria don't get that much background-information about the pl but there must be something else
    What did he do/not do/say that's that horrible?

I mean every player has bad seasons every now and then. this cannot be the reason he is so hated ...

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'll give you 5p. [​IMG]

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    To me, Harry is the anti-Gerrard. Right now, Stevie's value couldn't be higher, with 2 years left on his contract and coming off a European Cup campaign. Sell him, we win. Keep him, we win.

Kewell's value, on the other hand, couldn't be any lower. Sell him, you get 25 cents on the dollar. Keep him, he gets paid to sit around and wince in pain. The best thing you can do here is to accomodate him as much as possible, see if we can raise his value by the January transfer window. Or not.

11. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    He basically left us in limbo the entire second half of last season with the whole "injury" situation. And then, all of a sudden, he was fit to play the CL final. Wow, that's amazing!!!!!!!!!! Where the ******** were you the rest of the time?

Leave.

I'd rather have a teamful of Djimi Traore's, guys low on talent, but actually trying, than a team of Harry Kewell's, who are the exact opposite. Besides, the team of Harry's would always have some goddamn injury, and we would have to forfeit every match.

12. timberley11

timberley11 New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I agree Traore works his socks off, but I think he should be shown the door with Harry. Play Warnock at left back and keep John Arne at left midfield.

I think with Zenden now in the frame, Harry may see the end of his Anfield day's over

13. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    I've seen him fit and I've seen him injured. Telling the difference is like looking at one of those Spot The Difference cartoons.

14. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    No no timberley get this fact
    traore has really worked hard all season apart from that own goal where he worked hard for it as well you know all those step overs...traore is really hard working
    OH YEAH i was saying if kewell doesnt appear on the first game and at least 100 more games either on the field or bench al toss him back to leeds he can give leeds another chance for premiership.

15. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I was speaking in the figurative sense. I was basically saying this: I would rather have 11 guys who are low on talent, but actually TRY (Traore), then I would have guys with loads of potential, but don't (seem) to give a flying ******** about football. (Kewell).

16. rapid=religion

Jul 6, 2005
    nobody told me why he doesn't like, better said, why he hates harry that much.

because of lack of form? sorry, that's not enough for me.

like I said: every player has good and not so good seasons. and he had been injured very often, this fact doesn't make things easier, does it?
    look at ruud van nistelrooy: he had a couple of injuries and had huge problems finding his usual "I-score-in-every-match-form".

harry had surgery a coulple of weeks ago and looks determined to show everyone the true harry kewell.

let's have a look at him in the new season. if he was injury-free but didn't improve you can slaughter him, it's OK but to jugde him right now is unfair.

AND:
    arleady thought of that?

what if harry had not played in the cl-final?

1: he wouldn't have gotten injured
    2: wladi smicer would most probable have not been substituted
    3: therefore he wouldn't have scored that important goal
    4: perhaps someone else would have missed that penalty

everything has a good side, also!

17. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    He would refuse to play when the medical staff declared him fit.

18. rapid=religion

Jul 6, 2005
    would be a good reason, BUT:

the doctors declared him fit for the cl-finals, did they?
    and what happened? I think he made a longer step and ... tore something in his groin.

OK, imagine:
    you have had groin-problems all over the season and don't feel fit to play. the doc says you're completely healthy, the manager plays you. you enter the pitch but you fear the whole game that your sore groin (that most probable hurts like hell also) gets damaged even further. everyone expects great things from you and you know if you don't fulfill the expections you'll get insulted, abused or criticized - not only by the media or by columnists but also by the fans who should actually support and help you.

19. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    He was cleared to play by the medical staff, and he didn't want to come back. I'm sorry, he's had his chance, and has hardly delivered since he's been here. Let's wash our hands of this whole thing.

20. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tell us how you really feel Matt :D

I was excited when we bought him. Unfortuantely, he did nothing to prove his desire to play for the club. Refusing to go to a Champion's League match--are you feckin' kidding me. He may prove us all wrong next season--hell I hope he does for the sake of the club, but I am not gonna hold my breath.

21. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    If that muppet had not played in the CL final, Liverpool would have taken the field with 11 players instead of 10.

The rest of your logic is too tortured to consider........

22. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Dude, seriously...stop. Harry Kewell doesn't deserve anything from us. He almost makes Christian Ziege look like an all-star.

23. Big Boss

Big Boss Red Card

Jun 17, 2005
    saudi arabia
    great player with leeds ..but you not want him ..ok gave him for bolton :D free contract :rolleyes:

24. twh3

twh3 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    The reality is, he is pretty much unsellable. Enter Zenden.

That said, aside from playing with heart this year, how could he make it up to the club?

My criteria:

-- 8+ goals in the league

-- Quality crosses delivered that lead to goals for Morientes and Cisse

-- Linking play in posession that keeps the ball in attack

-- 25+ Appearances in the league

-- 3+ goals in the CL

-- Tough tackling and two way play that helps shut down other wingers

-- Utter silence from him and his agents. The only thing I want to see his mouth doing is kissing the shield when he scores an important goal.

If he can deliver on all of that, quietly providing quality under Rafa's system, I'll eat my words. Otherwise, I don't see him figuring in our plans for long.

My 2 cents. I rated him coming in and he has been a massive disappointment.