Harewood signs for Villa (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Batcave Brigade, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  2. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm also happy Whelan got ********ed over again! Hehehehhe!

3. Chadwell

Chadwell New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    North Carolina
    No big loss, in my opinion.

Assuming that Tevez is gone soon, this leaves Ashton, Bellamy, Zamora, and Cole as the only "true" forwards.

I'm thinking that Curbs will need to bring someone else in.

Roque Santa Cruz's name came up in the BBC gossip pages this morning.

4. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well good luck to him, a good move for all parties. He was like the little girl right in the middle of her forehead.
    When he was good, he was really good.
    But when he was bad he was horrid

5. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sorta feel for Marlon 'cause he was always a player with tremendous potential. He has few rivals in terms of strength and pace. Finding the back of the net - the ability strikers are most judged on - wasn't always an easy task for him, however.

I almost feel bad for thinking this, but i can't help but peg him as a younger Emile Heskey.

Villa's a good move for him, I suppose.

I also thought Marlon was a guy that could've helped Wigan, who were hot for him. But after all the moaning and finger pointing by their chairman, do any of us really care what happens to Wigan?

6. TheresaWHUFC

TheresaWHUFC New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Brentwood, Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm actually quite sad to see Marlene go, hope it works out brilliantly for him at Villa. Except against us. Obviously.

7. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Phew. Lucky escape there.

Cheers MON.

8. Nip/Tuck

Nip/Tuck New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Good signing.

Pretty sad that he'd rather sign for Villa as a third/fourth choice striker than for Wigan as your 'star signing'.

9. Birminghammer

Birminghammer New Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Wiltshire, England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I found Marlene a frustrating player.

He went through a stage of going to ground when if he had used his strength he would have been clear through on goal. He didn't score regularly but then he is not alone in that for us last season.

I couldn't see him teaming up with Ashton, they are both big strong lads who would probably be competitorsfor the same role.

Mind you, you could say the same about Carew at Villa.

At least he'll have Ooh-Ooh-Ooooh Nigel-Reo-Coker as company

10. west_ham

west_ham Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Peterlee, Co. Durham
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I have mixed emotions about Marlon leaving. It had to happen and it is a good deal but he always played with heart and looked genuinely sad when he didn't play well. More than we can say for some others. NRC always gave 100% apparently!!

His style of play can be deceiving though. He has the height and strength to play the 'Ashton' role but in reality this is not his game at all. Although he can hold the ball up well he is surprisingly light on his feet for a big lad and has no heading ability. So he is actually more suited to the Tevez/Defoe type of role. The strikers who runs onto the knock downs, so he did actually combine OK with Ashton at times. Look no further than his goal at Villa Park against Boro in the Cup.

His time was up with us though and of all the players who didn't live up to their form in the previous season he is the one I felt for the most. But if he is part of the clique then I won't lose much sleep over it. Good deal as well. Bought for £500k and sold for about £3.5m. Pardew has made us £11m so far.

11. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Villa are loaded, we arent, they can offer him more, i presume. It's quite understandable he's signed for Villa. We're a ************ little club from the north who don't know our place in the footballing scheme of things. Villa are former European Champions. A no brainier really.

We'll just have to do with Titus Bramble as out star signing now. Arf LOLZ!!!!!!!11

12. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    I thought he was a good player, he picked up the trash around the goal and put it in the net many times. Good luck to him. If Tevez leaves than it's a problem. Ashton, Bellamy, and one more hard core striker would be needed. Cole won't last much in my opinion, and Zamora should stay as a sub.

I hope West Ham make a couple more buys, especially one more big name player.

I will miss Konchensky, that guy was a west ham boy from childhood. Good luck to him.

13. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    I liked Marlene i think it was stomps who said when he was good he was very good. He could be ordinary though.
    I felt he scored a perfectly good goal 2nd game in against Liverpool, which was disallowed. With all the drama's unfolding we stopped creating from midfield and Marlons confidence went completely.
    Still Bellamy is a good replacement for him. Parker for Reo is also good, as Parker made the choice to play for us.

I think with faubert gone we will see 3-5 players come in within 2 weeks.