Happy New Year!!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Peter Wilt, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Happy New Year to all Chicago Fire fans. Here's to what will surely be an incredible year of soccer with the Bridgeview Stadium opening and the World Cup this summer.

The end of 2005 completes the transition of the Chicago Fire's leadership
    and with the beginning of the new year, I will also be passing on the leadership of the FireWorks For Kids Foundatiion.

i am very proud of all the Fire's accomplishments over the last eight years, but none so much as the launch and growth of Major League Soccer's premier charitable group. Tomorrow I will be turning over the presidency of the Foundation to a very worthy successor. While i will
    remain on the Foundation's board of directors, my time away from Chicago requires me to hand over the leadership to longtime Chicago Fire supporter and FWFK Foundation Vice-President Stuart Reid. i am grateful to Stuart for
    taking on this important role and guiding the Foundation to continued success.

Stuart joins me in requesting your support of the Foundation's Holiday Fund Drive. Your donation of $150 or more will benefit disadvantaged children in Chicagoland and will allow you to customize a 4" x 8" memorial brick ($300 or more for an 8" x 8" brick) at the Fire's new home in Bridgeview. It's not too late to contact FWFK Foundation Executive Director Jessica Yavitz at 312-705-7218 or JYavitz@Chicago-Fire.com to make your donation. Support from the Fire's fans, sponsors and partners have raised more than a million dollars since the Foundation's inception!

i want to thank you again for all your support over the years and ask you to please stay in touch. i look forward to hearing from each of you and filling you in on the progress we're making in Milwaukee on our efforts to create a strong rival for the Fire just 90 miles to the north.

My new contact information is below:

Office: 414-908-4252

Email: pwilt@milwaukeeprosoccer.com

Web Site: www.milwaukeeprosoccer.com (sign up here for regular
    updates)

i look forward to seeing all the Fire fans in Bridgeview next summer. i've renewed my season ticket and can't wait to see the Fire in our new home. I know the Fire will always be a part of me. I hope that i will always be a part of the Fire.

Cheers,

peter

2. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Happy New Year to you Peter, and everyone else in BS universe. Looking forward to year where the Fire have success in the new stadium, the US does well in the World Cup this summer and just a very prosperous and happy year for all of us out here.

Bill Q.

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter,as this is your last day officially as GM of the Fire I want wish you good luck in the future in Milwaukee. Can't wait for opening day in Milwaukee's new stadium, as I will be there.
    Thanks for everything you've done for the Fire and its fans.

4. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    I offer only the best of wishes for you and yours. Clearly, without your efforts and those of the people that you surrounded yourself with the Chicago FIRE would not be where they are today. I hope you find continued success in Milwaukee, and much health and happiness in your personal life. God Bless! :)

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter happy holidays as well. This is my last post for the year, ha ha, but I just want to say that you Peter are what a GM should be. The Fire are not the same without you.

6. Yukon Cornelius

Oct 24, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Happy New Year, Peter.

And All Fire Fans.

I cannot wait to attend the Lake Michigan Derby.

7. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Peter if Motorhead or the like play the Eagle's Nest or the Rave (or whatever they call that place) let me know and I will come up to have 20 beers with you.

Have Fun,

KILL KILL KILL

Rich B

8. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    sounds good, but what will we do for the second hour?

Lemmy & co. were at the Rave/Eagles Club last March. Next tour hasn't been announced.

peter

9. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, life is a toil and love is a trouble. Beauty will fade and riches will flee.
    Pleasures they dwindle and prices they double, and nothing is as I would wish it to be. (anonymous, 19th century)

Happy New Year Everybody! :)

10. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Best wishes. I expect to be a Milwaukee season ticket holder next year.

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope it's not for outdoor soccer as Milwaukee doesn't plan on having a MLS team until 2008 at the earliest.