Hamilton increases foreign player roster?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by aaron90025, Nov 16, 2004.

1. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Does Doug have foreign players in mind? What do you think this means for the Galaxy?

MLS increases foreign player quota
    Associated Press

CARSON, Calif. -- Major League Soccer will expand its rosters from 24 to 28 players next season and increase the number of foreign players.
    Each team will be allowed four "senior international'' players, one more than now. Ten of the 12 teams also will have three "transitional international'' players, foreign players less than 24 years old, MLS deputy commissioner Ivan Gazidis said Sunday.

The two expansion teams that will begin play in 2005 -- Club Deportivo Chivas USA and Real Salt Lake -- will be allotted five transitional international players for each of their first two seasons. The league currently has a pool of 20 transitional international players, an average of two a team.

Los Angeles Galaxy president and general manager Doug Hamilton said expanded rosters will work toward that end.

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming Sampson is given another year, we might see players from Costa Rica. He is certainly familiar with that talent pool.

3. galaxy1320

galaxy1320 New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    LA
    the smartest move would be to add some Salvadorian, Honduran, or Guatemalan players. Salvadorian most importantly to bring that fan base back. For the TI slots, that is. The player Medina from Panama would be great.

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    how about we add some good players, regardless of nationality? i'm tired of the ethnic pandering from the galaxy FO.

5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this, however, if a good player became available that has Club America connections, that would be awesome.

F' CHIVAS!

6. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i pick Prez

You should be the Galaxy Phuhking president with thinking like that, or an absolute moron.

7. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA
    Going into Year 10, I think we can stop the ethnic pandering as well. It was needed in the beginning but now it is not necessary. As a Galaxy fan going on 10 season, Iwant to see a quality product out on the pitch. It does not matter where they players are from as long as they are productive. German, English, Nigerian, Mexican, Salvadoran, at this point in MLS, I could care less. I think we need more Euro players, look at the success of the Chicago Fire bringing in all that Eastern Euro talent. The key word is TALENT. Kyrznowek is an amazing young talent from Poland, maybe we could get him? Galaxy FO has a habit of panering to Mexicans aka Luis Hernandez and Hermosillo who were horrible so our team has wasted SI slots, I say bring quality players, I want a WINNING team. Only time will tell if the F/O has learned its lesson

8. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I agree and would add:

How about a MIDFIELD? It could be composed of martians for all I care. You think with 6 in the midfield we could control the goddam midfield! My brother and I might as well be out there between the 30's! I'd tackle them (I'm of course talking american-football tackling, he'd kick the ball as hard as he could up to Ruiz. It's as good as what we've been doing lately!

(breath)

Dammit! I'm starting a venting thread.

9. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with those who call for whatever nationality: if he can play, sign him up!

10. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming they've already decided the league can afford the extra roster sopts, which is the only concern. I think the expansion of rosters and the allowance of more well qualified foreign players will increase the level of play and make MLS an even better machine for developing U.S. and Concacaf national team players.

11. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I agree with enough of the ethnic pandering. We've already established the Galaxy as one of the marquee teams in the league, we've already got the stadium everyone's dreamed of and have definitly always had the fans. Hopefully the suit & ties bring in quality players no matter where there from.
    Please end the days of Hermosillo, Hernandez, Bo, etc... Dig deep into those stacks fresh new profits and let's start this long overdue dynasty.

Damn! They could've bought an entire batch of solid midfielders for the price of that one guy.

Please use this new rule for the best of the team not the dollar!

12. Man Utd

Man Utd New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Amen, maybe I will stop going to games until we get an English player on the roster and start having British Empire Heritage night, it is getting old.

There is enough talent coming through at college level in this country to be running all over Central, South America and Europe and overpaying. If there is a standout sure lets get him but spend a bit more time developing home grown talent.

For the game to grow the fan base has to expand and I am sick and tired of the old soccer fan stereotype.