HAMBURG -vs- MILAN Beckham is starting

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Flagreekguy, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    He had a muscle knock yesterday in training and Kaka was doing some personal training on the sidelines of the dubai camp. Kaka will not be playing. (Trying to make sure he's simply match fit for Roma) However, the muscle knock for beckham was pretty much nothing. He will be starting today.

Heres the link to the justin.tv feed someones already posted in another thread. http://www.justin.tv/soccermann

Support your Captain guys. Like it or not, he's playing today.

2. dathay

dathay Member

Jul 9, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Come on Becks!!!!!!!:D:D:D

3. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    horrible first half for milan. hamburg controlled the tempo.

Dinho,beckham and pirlo just looked winded. Ambro's touches were not so great. The only bright spot of the first half for milan was Pato.

They need to get pirlo,beckham and dinho back on the field for the second half (ESPECIALLY AMBRO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD he needs to time his touches better on the long balls from pirlo and beckham)

they simply need more match fitness if they look to dominate Roma.

4. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Okay..I'm watching the match right now..albeit a little bit delayed in my country here, and we're only in the 30 minutes of the 1st half right now. But please, can someone please confirm me of Becks' position in the line-up...is/was Becks playing as a holding midfielder here? A HOLDING MID? Really? No wonder I see him a bit "lost" here..in terms of where to run.

5. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Yes he is kinda. He's playing the role the Seedorf usually plays. Atleast he's not wandering like he was in madrid and united. He's holding strong in his spot. He definately is not match fit.

but, neither is anyone else on that damn team except pato.

6. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    I think we'll see a difference between the Beckham of summer 08 and the Beckham that starts in March 09.

I truly hope that he is fitter and more focused when he gets back

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Beckham play the whole game? What was the final score?

I can't find any info on this match.

8. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    it's a friendly. so, no he only played one half same as pirlo.

final was 1-1.

9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks

10. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well..a holding mid or not..maybe he's playing as a right back or a full back, even the commentator said so..but from what I saw, he sure can defend well. And seems like all of them got the full energy late into the first half.

11. smooth

smooth New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Didn't like his position on the field: something between right back and half back. Pirlo just didn't care about him much,which caused no beckham presence in offence at all.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I didn't hear anything, I didn't see this game but judging from the game and/or any info, will Becks start vs. Roma?

13. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7813166.stm

David Beckham played for 45 minutes on his AC Milan debut as the Serie A giants beat Hamburg 4-3 on penalties following a 1-1 friendly draw in Dubai.

The former England captain started the game in a Milan team that also featured Massimo Ambrosini and Andrea Pirlo.

Ronaldinho put the Rossoneri ahead with a 63rd-minute penalty, but Collin Benjamin equalised four minutes later.

Beckham joined Milan on loan from US side LA Galaxy in a bid to prove his fitness and regain his England place.

The 33-year-old is due to stay at the Italian side until March, when the US season resumes, and could make his Serie A debut when Milan play Roma on Sunday.
    And he will join the late Bobby Moore as England's second-highest appearance maker behind Peter Shilton if he features against Spain on 11 February. The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder has made no secret of his desire to continue playing for his country.

Making an impact in Italy would undoubtedly help his cause, but Beckham has insisted he did not move to the San Siro purely to stay in Capello's plans.

"I didn't join Milan just for that reason," said Beckham. "I have never played in Italy and I think it's one of the best leagues in the world.
    "I want to concentrate on working with the team. I am willing to work really hard for my place in the squad.
    "I always try to have no regrets in life, or in my career. I made the decision to go to LA two years ago and I've had a good time there."
    [​IMG]

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has indicated that Beckham will play some part in Rome this weekend.

"He is a great champion - a very, very good player," said Ancelotti. "He needs to work hard because there is a lot of competition in the squad. But we'll use him for sure."

Beckham added: "I'm always ready to play but I know the coach decides. Physically, I know I need to work hard to reach 100%, not just to be able to play but to play well.
    "I have this chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the whole world."

14. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    [​IMG]

The spotlight is on David Beckham as he makes his AC Milan debut in a friendly against German side Hamburg in Dubai

15. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
  16. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hopefully it's just a taste of what we'll see in Roma vs Milan. I didn't see the game, but am not surprised if Becks looked a little lost. He was on a new team, in a new system.. give it time. The important thing is that he is playing against top competition week-in, week-out during the MLS offseason when everyone else is sitting around getting fat

17. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeah..I didn't like it too. Seems awkward to me. And I think Becks himself couldn't hold back too long..nearly the end he ran forward to help a bit with the attacking on the right.

18. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Beckham, 33, has joined the Serie A club on a short loan spell from Los Angeles Galaxy to keep up his fitness and stay in contention for the England team during the U.S. close season.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder was soon involved, sending a long ball into the Hamburg penalty area and seeking out Andriy Shevchenko.

He later set up Alexandre Pato to shoot straight at the Hamburg keeper before being substituted at halftime.

Ronaldinho broke the deadlock for Milan, scoring from the penalty spot in the 61st minute, but Hamburg were quick to equalise with a close-range effort from Collin Benjamin in the 66th minute.

"I'm still part of the national team now," Beckham told reporters. "When I'm playing and when I'm fit the manager has always said there's a chance he'll pick me."

"I've never played in the Italian league before so it's going to be exciting for me."

"To me he gave a very good impression," said Milan's coach Carlo Ancelotti. "Dynamic quality and also he is an intelligent player."

"Obviously he is not at his maximum because for two months he didn't do anything but he had a good week with us and now he is in a good condition and can make a good contribution to the team."

19. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
  20. jharcourt

jharcourt New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Beckham played in a holding midfield role (where flamini would normally play for Milan).. Milan won on pens for people that dont know

21. smooth

smooth New Member

Aug 18, 2007
  22. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree completely.

23. Benz280

Benz280 Member