Hamburg SV v Borussia Dortmund - 25 March [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Achtung, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Hamburg are certainly in form, and hope to catch Bayern Munich. Though as much as we all hate Bayern, let's hope BVB doesn't give Hamburg any help this week (they can beat Schalke next weekend instead :D). Tough, tough match from the looks of it though. BVB need to finish chances better and close the backline.

Weidenfeller is expected to be back, always a plus. But Kringe looks to be out with the flu.

For Hamburg, Jarolim and Atouba are expected out. Stefan Beinlich is listed as doubtful.

2. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA

BVB this year has been like a roller coaster ride. Up....down.....and then up....
    Very unpredictable and very inconsistent. They still want to snatch the UEFA place so they will play pretty hard. It's a shame about Kringe, so that Sahin will be taking his place most likely....

It's a must win for Hamburg. Every game is a must win from now until it's over for them to even remotely stay close to Bayern. Too bad that VanderVaart missed so many games due to a very stupid red card and then due to injury. He is the key player for Hamburg and they could be ahead of Bayern now...

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Yeah, of course we are not favourites to win this one, but still I have a good feelnig somehow. Atouba is suspended so that Odonkor might have a chance to set his right side on fire again. And we havn't lost in Hamburg since 1997 (3 days before we won the Champions League! ;-).

4. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah I think we're definitely a chance for a result this afternoon. HSV are a good side, and I hope for the Bundesliga's sake they continue to develop into a challenger to Bayern in the next few years, but they've struggled for consistency at times this season. Not to mention the fact that they have Jarolim, Demel and Beinlich missing. I like our chances of getting a point from this.

5. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Great game. What a scoreline!

6. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Well, first of all congratulations to Bayern! They did it again this year!!! Credit where credit is due.....

What a great game by Dortmund. They fought hard, their defense was solid and the boys made some really nice goals. Rosicky rocks!!! I love that guy. And what a bomb by Kringe???? World Class.....

Hamburg slept for 45 minutes and when they woke up, it was too late.

Now I don't know what you guys think, but Weidenfeller had his legs a little too wide open for Ailton to tunnel him and then score, but it still would have been a hard one to get I guess.
    So one step closer to a UEFA place.....Hertha tied, so let's hope that Gladbach will lose to Kaiserslautern tomorrow!

Zwanzigoetzel

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An unexpectedly pleasant result. The positive results in Hamburg continue. :cool:

Rosicky back on the scoresheet in fine form as well.

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank you BVB !!!!!!!!!!

And what a freaking strike by Kringe....

Heck, Rosicky's goal was phenomenal as well!

Congrats!

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW!! F#CKING WOW!!!

I'm f#cking speechless!! Just this s#it eating grin on my face........ :D

10. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Anyone know if there will be highlights of the goals anywhere? I'd love to see them.

EDIT: Found a torrent online. :)

11. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great win! absolutely!

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks! Now, are you guys going to let us get Valdez??!! LOL!! :D

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Now that's a ********ing game. Good Job BVB.

15. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

shortest footyfan post ever. :D

Congrats guys

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Really? LOL!! I meant to tell a few people to "FO" a few times. ;)

17. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Great weekend for Dortmund! Hertha tied, Stuttgart lost, Gladbach lost (I do feel sorry for Keller having to reach back 7 times in one week), Hanover REALLY lost....aaaand Dortmund kicked some ass! Despite the fact that anybody between 5th and 10th place can catch the infamous Uefa seat, I hope Dortmund will finally start a win series to set itself apart from the rest of the group.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree!

If there's anytime to start a winning streak, it's now. Our next three matches are against our direct competition for that fifth spot.

at Gladbach
    home to Bayer Leverkusen and
    at Hertha BSC

I think we really need to register victories against Gladbach and Leverkusen because somehow we always figure out how to get our asses kicked in Berlin.

But, if we pull three points in two of the matches, our next matches are:

home to 1. FC Nuernberg (I hope to be there!)
    at Hannover 96
    home to Eintracht Frankfurt

and the final match of the season is of course,

at FC Bayern Muenchen (Hope to be there if I can find a ticket!)

FCN will give us a battle, but we should win. We took the points in Hannover last year and I think we can again. Especially after they took points from us at our house. We'll get our revenge on Eintracht too.

I just don't think we'll win in Muenchen, but if everything else goes the way I hope, we may already have fifth place sealed.

Especially if we find a way to beat Bayer, Hertha and Hannover.

But that's some rare BVB optimism coming from me. :D

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  20. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    What a great picture. I hope BVB can get it together and nab that UEFA cup spot.

21. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    our fans are as good as ever:D

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No matter how much trouble they get into, the fan support will always stay strong........

23. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Well, it's pretty interesting. If you look at the standings, anybody between 5th and 10th place could still be snatching the UEFA seat, but at the same time, everybody below that could get the shaft in the 2.Bundesliga, including Nuernberg. Nobody really stands out in either direction.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that NONE of the remaining games are going to be easy since everybody has something at stake!

As we have seen last week, Dortmund has the potential to win all seven (including Bayern, since by the time the'll play against each other, the players will still have hangovers from the Meisterschaftsfeier! :D )

I have to say potential since lately they didn't produce at all and it was very frustrating to see such a great team to lose to Bielefeld or Frankfurt or tie against Mainz or Duisburg.

My prediction is that we will win all three games at home against Leverkusen, Nuernberg and Frankfurt....
    This weekend we'll beat Gladbach 2:1. I believe the three toughest games will be against Berlin, Hanover96 and oooo.k, yes Bayern.

BUT WE CAN DO IT!

[​IMG]

24. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    HOLY CRAP WAS HIS GOAL was great....goal of the season possibly.

Rosicky's goal was class too.

Wow.

25. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a sad day for soccer