Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Right but that would make it worse?

I have no preconceived ideas about who this guy is - never heard of him - so to me it's prima facie unacceptable to kill a professor and his family and the onus is on the IDF to show it was an accident or justified

But before we get that info, it's pretty stomach turning to crow about the death of him and his family.

People wonder why Israel's cause isn't playing well with the younger generation - then they do this?

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I hear (from the IDF) that Gazan toddlers are among the most radical and have to be taken out with extreme prejudice.

Anyways, happy genociding!

tomásbernal, Deadtigers and mebeSajid repped this.
  3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin Kruse to the rescue. This is pretty extraordinary. Bill Ackman who was praising and defending Elon just a few days ago, giving him cover for his blatant antisemitism, want the first black woman Harvard President fired. Way to go with making Israell cause more popular with younger and generation and particularly POCs. With friends like this....

kevinmkruse
    22h

Bill Ackman was a Harvard legacy admit from a wealthy family, so he might want to sit out any discussion about unfair advantages.

thedailybeast
    1d
    OPINION: Bill Ackman posted that Dr. Claudine Gay probably wouldn’t have been hired without DEI’s “fat finger on the scale.” This is what accomplished Black people face in America.

thedailybeast.com
    Why a White Billionaire Slammed Harvard’s First Black President as a So-Called Diversity Hir

Deadtigers repped this.
  4. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Wasn't ackman going around doxing students?

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah, I dont see how Jewish billionaires siding with Republicans and using donations to blackmail college presidents is going to make yoots sympathetic to Israel's cause.

charlie15 repped this.
  6. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Mehdi seems to be the only media figure to point out Stefanik's genocidal discourse so far

tomásbernal, Quakes05, majspike and 4 others repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    What's everyone views on the UN ceasefire vote?

US voted no, and UK abstained.

IMO Biden admin should have just taken an easy W here? I don't get it really.

Deadtigers and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has come from Israel far right government as well and they are not even dog whistle. I am still waiting to see those calls repudiated by our jewish posters here too.

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Every Gazan is a Hamas and Israel can't differentiate so bombs away

Deadtigers repped this.
  10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Iowa caucuses start next month and too many undecided ICs in 'Merica are Islamophobes

Deadtigers repped this.
  11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not like the vote but I understand the US internal rationale for Israel needing more time getting rid of Hamas. This position may become more tenuous and even untenable the longer this carnage continues. I am absolutely concerned as well on the impact of this crisis on 2024 GE. There is a massive risk of a split in the democratic coalition opening the doors to fascism.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This is my point regarding the kerfuffle about the tiktok content. It starts from the strange assumption that there is a way to put a positive spin on toddlers being pulled from underneath the rubble.

tomásbernal repped this.
  13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Would have been far more surprised if they didn't veto it.

What has changed?

celito and tomásbernal repped this.
  14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Good thing MSNBC yanked his shows off the air then!

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's also this...

https://www.churchillsupportservice...sights/top-15-most-dangerous-areas-in-london/

Hackney makes it onto our list of the most dangerous areas in London with a crime rate of 126.3 crimes per 1000 residents. Perhaps the most concerning statistics are Hackney’s high rates of theft (9988 incidents) and violent crime (8604 incidents), which have both seen a substantial rise over the statistics we saw in previous months.

Unless there's some specific information we can't assume this is antisemitism. Quite the opposite, tbh.

tomásbernal repped this.
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, yeah but it's probably necessary for people posting this stuff to make sure it IS an example, not just some random occurrence that might be then. Otherwise I'd say they HAVE to be moved to another thread, (for those that like that sort of thing).

charlie15 repped this.
  17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Well there are still people doubting even the Michigan and Vermont attacks on Palestinian-Americans were hate-crimes so by that metric it is probably best to have a blanket ban on such posts (if those don't meet the standard then I'm not sure what could or would).

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Strictly speaking, the people in Gaza have been trapped there by the Israeli government as much as anything, whereas the Israelis that decide to go and live in the west bank have a choice about that so the arguments not unreasonable.

Of course, (much like how catholics should respond to protestants in northern Ireland), that doesn't mean the correct response is to go around shooting them or blowing them up.

Deadtigers repped this.
  19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    TBH I'd be happy with that. I don't think it's exact;y news that some people are bigots and violent and liable express that by attacking random people from the other group.

I don't really see what they add to the discussion here.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yeah - i felt that back in October when i spent every evening watch cable news with my mum (which i never do). It was obvious the sheer weight of bad imagery would cancel out the casus belli right quick. So it proved. And that has happened every time previously (usually much faster). After some horiffic news cycles, the international community generally said "wind it up now guys". But this time it's off the leash

Deadtigers repped this.
  21. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yes this terrifies me as well. The fact that a white genocide conspiracist like Stefanik pulled off such an obvious gotcha and media and dems went along with it should scare the shit out of people.

22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never mind people on tiktok, regular journalists are being targeted. There was an incident covered by Channel 4 news.

Deadtigers repped this.
  23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    A cease fire puts the focus back on Bibi's rank incompetence. So...bombs away!

Deadtigers repped this.
  24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    U-S-A! U-S-A!

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't the Israelis refer to them as the 'settler movement' in parliament.

charlie15 repped this.