Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    This is your takeaway from the video? Not the fact that the heads of elite universities can't respond with a resounding and definitive answer to the most basic question? I don't even know who Stefanik is and I don't see why that is important here. The question was pretty straightforward and the answer should have been either a Yes or we haven't heard this rhetoric and if it did happen, then Yes. Why do you consistently attack any source that you deem is not aligned with your political views?

edcalvi, Moishe and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's typical for this genre of video. You ask a loaded question then upload the out of context answer to twitter 5 seconds later no matter the answer.

Deadtigers, Auriaprottu, Mike03 and 4 others repped this.
  3. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    You posted a video of a white supremacist who promotes hatred of jews.

Sorry if I don't take that seriously, and call into question whether you are posting in good faith.

The fact that you think it's an answer to not even know who Stefanik is reveals a lot here IMO. It's frankly pretty despicable that you used it to smear decent people who run universities without doing any homework.

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #7454 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    So you're a Jew Whisperer too. Amazing.

What if I told you that Jews had many opinions about Israel and not all of them fall in lockstep with Bibi's atrocity exhibition?

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/gaza-deaths-mount-jews-divided-support-israel/

5. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    People who promote this to smear decent people are doing the work of the neo-nazis like Stefanik

Deadtigers and Mike03 repped this.
  6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Have you missed the testimonials of Jewish students on those campuses that took place yesterday? Or do YOU need to do some homework?

edcalvi, Moishe and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  7. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some Ron DeSantis quotes regarding the October 7 massacres:

"What we saw is the personification of evil. That's what it was"

"Israel values life, the Hamas terrorists worship death. Don't tell me there's a moral equivalency here because there is not."

And DeSantis ordered the closure of two chapters of the Students for Justice in Palestine organization on Florida university campuses after the national SJP organization published a document supporting the Hamas terrorist organization in the aftermath of the massacre.

What point were you trying to make about DeSantis and anti-semitism, exactly?

edcalvi and yasik19 repped this.
  8. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People getting into shouting matches at protests happens all the time. Sometimes people get into physical altercations, too. I was involved in a bunch of similar incidents back when I protested the Iraq war (before it started). Political differences that raise the temperature level don't count as racism. Calling someone a "f*cking Zionist" isn't antisemitic--none of my jewish friends are Zionists, for example, and they don't associate with Zionists. Of course, this does not make them antisemitic jews (or "self-hating", as Zionist jewry has long labeled them). When a jewish person yells at someone because they have a keffiyeh or Palestinian flag, that doesn't make them racist (unless they go the Stuart Seldowitz route). It makes that person an asshole that has huge disagreement with the person they're yelling at.

The guy making death threats at the LA kosher restaurant sounds like it almost certainly falls under "antisemitism". As well as punching a person because they are jewish.

Last, you make the assumption here that all the people involved (outside the white supremacist-organized rally) are leftists. "Not white supremacist" doesn't mean "leftist" (though the far right in this country might think so). Hell, even the signs you say were at that right-wing rally aren't themselves antisemitic, though we can be certain that as a group they are.

Deadtigers repped this.
  9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I get that. Of course, on that basis you might just as WELL say it's unacceptable.

I was just saying that calling hate-speech 'bullying' seems an odd choice of language.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Again, this is such a strawmen. Those presidents did all the smearing themselves. You're more than welcome to stick to your righteous opinion on this, but the question was as straightforward as it gets and the responses were despicable and that's an understatement. You go around posting how there is so much anti-semitism on the right and then you DEFEND these presidents. Perhaps you need to re-evaluate how you perceive things.

edcalvi, celito, Moishe and 1 other person repped this.
  11. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Share a link because I definitely wasn't on any of those campuses yesterday.

Auriaprottu and charlie15 repped this.
  12. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a guess, as I am not familiar with the Student Code of Conduct at those schools, but perhaps said Codes don't refer to "hate speech" and instead refer to "bullying" as a catchall. Maybe someone who feels like digging it up can tell us the answer.

superdave and charlie15 repped this.
  13. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Like I've said before in this thread, if you are voting for Ron and Trump, I am not engaging with you - it's bad faith all the way down.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Zionists all over are losing bigly in the court of public opinion. I get why you're so butthurt about it but it is what it is.

Deadtigers and tomásbernal repped this.
  15. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think what those university presidents said was antisemitic?? "It depends on the context of the individual case" is now categorized as "ANTISEMITISM"?? That's some bat shit insanity.

Deadtigers, Mike03 and charlie15 repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    You never did answer if you support Trump.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  17. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    If people think the President of MIT supports genocide they need to book in for deprogramming from conspiracy land.

18. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Bringing US politics into this discussion is a complication (and a mistake, not that my opinion matters). Most -- not all, but most -- American Jews are what we'd call politically progressive, and thus are stunned that our usual allies have turned against us, accusing us of being racists -- even though they don't see us as exactly white --and evil oppressors.

Although Elise Stefanik may have gotten the most attention, other members of Congress were similarly stonewalled by the three presidents, who were clearly abiding by their lawyers' admonitions. But as @yasik19 noted, testimony from actual students on those campuses corroborates the presidents' inability to condemn attacks on their Jewish students.

Whatever any of us may think of Israel and its government, we American Jews and our kids are not responsible. This war is just a convenient excuse for the closet antisemites to begin spouting the same rhetoric my mom heard as a kid in 1930s Germany. (And my mom and I have totally divergent views on US politics, by the way.)

edcalvi, Quakes05, DoyleG and 7 others repped this.
  19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Do you even watch the crud you post? Republicans with the balls to say that university presidents have allowed anti-semitism to flourish on campuses. We know what year hate really kicked off in the US. Not just anti-semitism but Islamophobia & hate against LGBTQ people.

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ah, Zionists. Gotcha. The opinions of the masses is of course always right.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I think what those presidents DIDN'T say is antisemitic. But sure, play dumb.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Do you support Hitler?

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ah, so again, attack the source. I guess these Jewish students...sorry, Zionists, are all liars.

edcalvi repped this.
  24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    You, your mom, Yasik and millions of other Jews are not the problem. Bibi, Likudniks, illegal settlers, the IDF, etc. are. Nothing Israel is doing beyond the initial retribution post 10/7 is making Jews world-wide safer. People have problems with ethnic cleansing just as they did with the horrific 10/7 attacks.

Deadtigers and Naughtius Maximus repped this.