Guille Franco's Imminent Call to La Seleccion

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Piedraias, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That'll do it. I have no idea why we are talking about him.

2. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think there already was a thread about this? O well... your statistics were pretty amusing, but the native strikers that are gamebreakers already are on the team (well Cuauhtemoc isn't on now but he's probably going to WC anyway); among the rest of mexican forwards/strikers, half of them already were called and were disastrous, the other half are not consistent enough. Franco is consistent, last season he scored 2 goals cos he was injured from the 5th week. You didn't count yellow/red card suspensions either, buddy.

I do not discuss these very much anymore (online or in real life) because Franco is being called regardless, and ppl like LMvCP will be cheering the NT regardless.

Let's hope he can make a difference while native strikers are 'developed' so the team actually has a chance of going past the quarterfinals of a WC again.

I agree that Lavolpe's "school of soccer" always misses the goal by 1 game or so :)

3. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I'm getting tired of people saying that we fvcking need franco , we don't need him we have better players then him. Just because he had one good season everyone thinks la seleccion needs him. ******** that. Also fvck gaitan his excuse for not being on the argentinian team is bull shu1t. He argues that his not with his seleccion because they don't pay attention to argentinians playing in mexico. That's bull shuit wut about chelito, luciano figueroa ( when he was in mexioco). :mad:

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I was always under the impression that you needed above average to great midfielders to feed the forwards/strikers.

I was always under the impression that you needed above average to great midfielders to compliment a striker. Very few strikers in the world can overcome substandard midfielders.

Is it fair to judge Lugo, Iniguez, Marquez, Bravo, etc when Lavolpe has called them up for experiemental purposes AND have experimental midfielders?

If we were to align Mexico's best midfielders and put Franco up front, why havent or will we give that opportunity to the younger guys? That is not fair. It is more commendable Borgetti scoring 3 goals in the Confederations Cup having to play with Chato (a worthless midfielder), Mario Mendez (he stopped being a prospect long ago), than a Franco scoring 6-7 goals having Mexico's midfield possible.

America and Monterrey played in week 6. Franco was still there. I think he stopped playing in week 7 or 8.

I am glad you brought up another issue about Franco, that guy recieves alot of red cards. In 5 1/2 seasons in Mexico, Franco has recieved 7 red cards. Blanco has 9 in his career. Funny how nothing is said about that? Well that was just food for thought.

But go to any site and check out

lets play a little game...can anybody identify whos stats those belong to (without looking at ANY references) and tell me if they belong to a Mexican or Foreigner??

-----------
    inv 2000 - 0
    ver 2001 - NA
    inv 2001 - 2
    ver 2002 - 3
    ape 2002 - 3
    cla 2003 - 0
    ape 2003 - 3
    cla 2004 - 7
    ape 2004 - 11
    cla 2005 - 4

------------
    inv 2000 - NA
    ver 2001 - NA
    inv 2001 - 0
    ver 2002 - 6
    ape 2002 - 6
    cla 2003 - 3
    ape 2003 - 5
    cla 2004 - 4
    ape 2004 - 3
    cla 2005 - 0

----------------------------------------------------

I dont see how or why he is needed when his (Franco's) numbers arent anything to brag about. He is putting up the same type of numbers as any young Mexican forward... AND with more playing time (which means that the young mexican forward is just as productive with less playing time)

5. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América

Thats the thing with these nationalized players. They know they won't make their national team, so they go out looking for someone who is willing to play them (Ailton with Quatar). You think Zinah ever had a chance of playing for his home country? But as soon as lavolpe is coach of Mexico, he becomes more mexican than frijoles. Franco knows that a fellow argie is at the helm and sees an opportunity to play in a world cup. Are you telling me that in the short time that hes been here, hes forgotten about the 20 or so years he spent in Argentina? Were supposed to believe that he wants to defend the Mexican Flag? Then hell, make him join the military. There have got to be stricter rules to prevent these kinds of things from happening.

6. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Is it okay to be a MEXICAN RACIST?

its a bunch of BS. Levante said it plain and simple and its really the final answer. El Tri wasnt 1st choice or priority for guille so screw him.

Its all real nice and pretty but its a waste of text the majority of your post.

thats all

oh and memin pinguin is discussed at length in another thread.

7. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    Goofy, I dont think you get the point. No one is being racist, or saying that they dont want immigrants on the team, I just dont want Franco because he has no reason to be there other than the fact that his National team doesn't want him

8. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree here, if Lavolpe calls him up, fuk lavolpe and his fuken paisano. Both out of NT. :mad:

9. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The NT is by Mexico for Mexico no other fuken player that can't make it in his own country and comes saying that he is more mexican than mexicans. Take for example Caballero, he went to the world cup and what happen? fuken guy was a dumbass, now that Lavolpe is in the NT and he is an argeytino, Franco wants to be mexican so he can go to the world cup. But he is not mexican, he has no love for the mexican jersey so WTF is he going to do in the NT? just get some money?

10. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What Walter said is kind of true, Pekerman follows and called Luciano and Chelito because he has been their coach forever, since they were 17 or so. Remember Pekerman used to coach sun teams in Arg, where Lucho and Delgado have always been.

About Gaitan being called to the NT, well... unfortunately he is the kind of player that tends to play weaker in the decissive matches. Franco is the opposite, he seems made for Liguilla and important matches (whatever his motivation is, if it works for the team, I say 'Welcome'), but we'll see how he acts when he's called up. I think this is Franco's biggest advantage over other players that are available.

11. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let's please give Guille the benefit of doubt, until he shows in the field how much he cares and values playing for Mexico we will know if this is a good or bad decission.

He obv. wants to show off in the International scene to go to bigger clubs and earn more cash, you cannot blame him for that, I'm sure most of the players think alike.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Give him the benefit of the doubt?

Franco PUBLICLY stated his dream was to play for Argentina and since it never happened, that he would play for Mexico?

I even remember when he first arrived in Mexico, a reporter asked him about his status on the NT in argentina (regarding to any youth teams or anything like that) and he said that he wasnt, but that is what he is working for.

And what Gaitan said is also bullshyt. He isnt stupid. He knows if he accepts Pekerman's call and it doesnt go well, he has burnt all bridges in Mexico. But my his statement, you KNOW that his 1st intention is Argentina.

Why are we taking scrubs? They dont love Mexico the way we do.

You guys can say, Blanco doesnt love Mexico because he didnt want to play... but why arent they saying that about Salcido who also asked not to play in the Gold Cup...

13. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Mexico is roaring through qualifying, wins at Costa Rica and Guat, makes the US look silly in Azteca, beats Brazil in Confed Cup, should've beaten Argentina--this is arguably the strongest El Tri has ever looked...

Why threaten to wreck the good vibes of all this by bringing in a player the team does not need? It makes no sense.

Players like Guille Franco (bad attitude toward the camiseta and all) should be the last option if the team is failing, NOT when the team is doing so well.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Back 30 years ago, I league was seen a resort to aging southamerican players. That isnt the case anymore. It is one of the most competitive now because the standards have risen. You have players that are prospects and stars for top south american clubs and BOMB in Mexico and return home.

Is that the image you guys want to give the National team? Is that the image you guys want to give that it is a place for folks that couldnt hack it anymore.

Id rather have people think my league was a resort to folks that couldnt hack it anymore in top Euro and South American clubs, BUT NOT MY NATIONAL TEAM.

FVCK JAVIER AGUIRRE FOR OPENING THE GATES AGAIN!!!!!

Lavolpe always used him as an excuse

15. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Why did you censor me?

Dear moderator:
    FOr the sake of the free exchange of ideas and enlightment through the advancement of dialogue, I honestly feel my post entitled "Is it okay to be a Mexican racist?" believe it was a very plausible argument for my case in favor of tolerance, inclusion and acceptance of a foreigner (like me, or Franco for instance) into the mainstream (like me in the U.S., or Franco in Mexico).
    Yes, it hurts to be alienated. That was my point. In a way, that's one of the freedoms some of us were looking for when we came here, including opportunity, and expression.
    Then again, maybe soccer, after all, is so vane.
    Thank you.

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Why did you censor me?

LOL

you need to check out the very top thread in the Mexico NSR foram!

US is racist cuz arnold cant be prez!! believe it [​IMG]

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

And who are we being racist to?

The caucasion (Torrado, Borgetti), the mestizo (Salcido), the mulato (Brown)? the Mexican by birth?

We are not being racist. We are wanting the advancement of Mexican nationals. Davino, Alves, etc all 1st generation Mexicans and I have always welcomed them on the NT.

Some use the argument about Mexicans going to the Us to find jobs, why cant the Francos, and Zinhas do the same. People that use the US argument about Mexicans (immigrants) taking the jobs is not valid. First off, immigrants coming to the US are not taking the jobs that Americans want. The indian (India), eastern asian, and latin americans are taking professional jobs away from Americans and these are jobs that Americans want but that the eatern asian professional, indian professional, and Latin American professional can do without being paid insurance, benfits, etc.

Foreigners (Latin Americans) are going into Mexico and taking jobs that Mexicans want and need. From the modeling sector to the industrial sector. Mexico isnt that advanced as to say, "Yeah, we need foreigners/immigrants to take on those jobs". We have thousands going to the US looking for jobs that Americans dont want and we are giving away jobs to non-Mexicans. The past 5 years there have been so many reports about that and its alarming that professional jobs are not being given to Mexicans IN MEXICO.

When is enough enough?

Should we have no foreigner limit in out professional divisions? Should we let foreigners and naturalized players fill up the lower leagues? Should we take a 100% naturalized NT to the WC?

Never have I been against naturalized citizens of Mexico nor have I been against foreigners coming into Mexico, but I am against looking over our own and we have beeing doing that for 500 years in Mexico.

I am all for being hospitable, but I have my limits and I would hate for the day when all our corporations, all our private sectors become foreigned owned. I would hate for the day to allow foreigners to buy up our beaches and have us serve them. There has to be a point where you say, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. MEXICO IS FOR MEXICANS

19. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago

Your employment analogy doesn't follow. Extranjeros have ample opportunity to express themselves and earn very good livings in our league. They are not entitled to the privilege of holding a place in our national team.

20. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    fvck gaitan and franco Mexico was not their first choice so fvck them. Their plain and simple no more need for arguments and saying were racist for not allowing a foreign player to play for our country. Fvck that can we close the thread now :mad: