Guidolin Axed

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Palermo07, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Palermo07

Palermo07 New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    Well here we go with another coaching change, I wanted Guidolin gone but not until the end of the season at least. This is just making us look ridculous as a team and organization. Now i just hope Colantuono can get us back on track. It should of never gotten to this point as colantuono shouldnt have been sacked in the first place, i just think it was to quick.
    There are some reports from Channel4 that Amarui might be staying after this season as Zampa wants to build around him. If Zampa is serious about this then he better get the right players to play around him, if not then just cash him in. I dont like him to much because of the lack of hustle i see from him, but i cant take away that when hes on the ball hes a pretty good player.
    So hopefully we can turn our season around and try and get into 8th place at least, who knows we prob can get a UEFA cup spot if either Roma or Inter win the Coppa Italia if we land in 8th. If not then we could get into the cup through the Intertoto cup. I cant see a team like Palermo not competting in a major cup competition next year so FORZA PALERMO!!!!

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He should have never fired Colantuono in the first place. Guidolin is a decent coach, but he obviously didn't have the respect of his players.

3. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    this club is becoming a joke, they sacked guidolin 4 times....at least make him finish the season. How are players supposed to play when they go through a coaching change every 3 months?

4. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Palermo is out of control in the hands of Zamp.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is really becoming a joke....how many coaches have been sacked and brought back in the last years? I think the FIGC should really pass some sort of rule that prohibits this firing and rehiring......contract or not, I can't see how long coaches and players will put up with it...

Zamparini sacks Guidolin
    and welcomes Colantuono again

Palermo’s chairman gives him the sack after his team’s defeat against Genoa and welcomes back the manager who ended his rosanero experience with 18 points from 13 games.

[​IMG]
    http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/Primo_Piano/2008/03_Marzo/24/guidolin.shtml

6. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    It is not becoming a joke, it is a joke. This is so predictable with Palermo, everyone knew it would happen again.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The commentators on the Rai kept referring and joking that Calantuono was staying in Reggio Calabria just in case he was called back. There are two side's to this coin. First you have to thank Zamparini from buying Palermo from the Sensi family and bringing them into the Serie A which is something that hadn't happened in I believe over 30 years. How do you find fault with a guy who brings you there?

On the other hand, the more coaching changes that take place, the worse things seem to become. First he said he should have never fired Guidolin then he brings him back then he fires him again. Last year Parma hired Ranieri and signed Rossi and they led and saved the club from relegation and Cagliari's new coach seems to be leading them out of the cellar. I'm not sure however, Zampa is justified in doing what he is doing.

8. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Palermo have got to be thankful for Zamparini for getting them to Serie A but they've got to realize that his style of dominant leadership is backfiring.

No team with an outspoken owner has won anything or really been successful. Zamparini has to let the coach run the team. It's dangerous for Palermo to have such sackings on such a regular basis, it could lead to players not wanting to go to the Renzo Barbera.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When I lived in Italy from 2000-2005, Zamparini was very outspoken especially on the TV show il processo di Aldo Biscardi. He didn't take anyone's crap that is for sure which is something someone in positions of wealth, seldom do.

His main purpose for purchasing Palermo from what I herd while living there however, was to get his grocery store chain into Sicily. I am not sure if he ever succeeded. He has recently said he wants to sell the club but there aren't too many takers. It would be nice for some American investors to go in there like John J. Fisher is trying to do with Roma. Americans as well as Italians may be afraid of the mafia and that could be scaring some if not many potential future investors of the club. Maybe they would never encounter such people but the scare in Italy anyway, will always be there.

10. Palermo07

Palermo07 New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    Iam thankful that we are in Serie A, everyone always heard stories of Palermo coming close but in the end not having enough to get to Serie A. But I always wondered how we got that great start last year, and have pretty much the same team we have now but are in 12,13th place? Zampa just has to shut his mouth, i hear more from him in the news then any of our coaches or players. You cant call your team lil girls and etc...not going to really help with the team morale. But the fault is on Zampa as much as the coach or general manager. He goes out to buy the players he does, he puts his influence in everything. He talks about his players not having passion, yet again he has a big influence on the transfers. If you think about it why didnt we make a bid for Rossi, or Cassano in the offseason? Your telling me that Villareal and Sampdoria are bigger clubs?? Look how there doing with these guys, Villareal is in the hunt for the spanish title and a champions league spot and sampdoria is going for the uefa cup spot. Both players have preformed well this season, rossi scoring about 11 goals, and cassano putting on some good displays for sampdoria though his temper is killing him. If were going to get better this offseason its gotta start from the top down making great decesions on everything or else were going to have another hellish season.