Guevaras new attitude

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Mathis is a God, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    From MLSnet.com:
    And Guevara has taken steps to prove he is more serious about that goal. While his native Honduras is in the quarterfinals of the Gold Cup, he has opted to play for club rather than country.

"It is a big responsibility," Guevara said. "I'm going to remain here with the team and do the best that I can."

2. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Thank you Amado. We can use another hat-trick against Colorado.

3. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    As a Metrostars fan, how can you not like his attitude. When the captain puts it out there that he wants to win and is willing to do it at all costs, gotta make you feel good as a fan.

4. SusakNole

SusakNole New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    i agree jay...now lets just hope his commitment can get the metros a championship

5. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    I love this guy. It is hard to believe he is not playing with the National team though.

I noticed in the past with other great players and other national teams. These players never get enough touches in games. That is a big reason why some of these teams lose games. If they go to their great players more they will do something to help their teams win.

An example Platini and the french national team.

6. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005
    He made a 40 yard recovery run and got the ball back from one of the few bad passes he makes in games. Real Hustle in this guy.

7. Soccerski

Soccerski Member

Dec 2, 2000
    Georgetown, CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guevara is a great talent and could lead the Metros to success.

Too bad he is such a drama queen - yelling at team mates, feigning injuries, diving, complaining to referees, sulking, and whatever else you can thinkof. It really distracts from his talent, and even more importantly his ability to lead.

Maybe he is frustrated by the way Bradley is using him, as a forward orientated attacking midfielder mostly coming in from the left. IMHO, Amado plays better as a deep lying two way central midfielder.

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he isn't any worse than most pros these days. I was really impressed with him keeping his cool with Nkong and his goons going after Amado's legs consistantly. I was ready to pull a Tanya Harding on that butt-hole myself. And the pansy ref let it go on too long! He should have carded the first one to stop the crap. And believe me, I let him know this several times from my seat (I've got a very loud voice that tends to carry when I'm screaming my head off!)

Yeah, Amado, I'll do your yelling for you from the stands anytime! ;)

9. Ray Luca

Feb 2, 2005