Guess who is signing for MLS?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Ender, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    Well I will say it here. I think that the firing of a certain MLS coach this day is the start of some serious changes in MLS (comparatively to the past). Last time we all argued about a players transferring in we argued well for and against Dazza and I think Grant Whal or someone put out a piece about who they thought would be in MLS. We all know that Chivas USA plans some serious changes, but who do you see coming here when the 8/15-9/15 transfer window opens? Keep in mind I think the foreign windows close 9/1, but I could be wrong....

2. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's just me but I'm lost. What are you talking about?

3. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, it's a little unclear what ur psoting here. You want us to guess whicch players MLS are signing nexT? Palencia i hope. But if im wrong, can u please clarify.

4. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    Yeah, sorry about that. I was just trying to see who you guys thought MLS could sign (I say could because the reality of MLS salaries always comes up and ruins good old fashioned speculation) during the transfer window of 8/15-9/15, which really if they are being signed from abroad is a window of 8/15-9/1 because most other countries' windows close on 9/1. While I am no expert, I thought this might be an active window for the foreign markets for MLS because there are probably quite a few guys who have been released since last year and still don't have teams to play for. I am pretty familiar with say, England, but really lack on my knowledge of Spain Italy, France, etc.
    It was basically a lighthearted topic I thought would be fun.
    For example:
    I say "Hey Steve Staunton was released by Coventry City recently, he's available."
    You would say, "No way he's older than Christ! not in a million."
    Etc. etc...
    Or perhaps:
    I say "The Argenitine that DC United will sign is Ex-Liverpool Defender Mauricio Pelligrino, a solid defender."
    To which you reply, "...........

5. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    You crack me up Ender!! LMAO!!

It could be a fun topic though...

Francisco Palencia, Juan Pablo Garcia, Luis Alvarez(when papers are ready) and a few others....that's for Chivas USA at least....I dunno about the other MLS teams...sorry...

6. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Rumors has it that the Galaxy will give up Pando and Jovan Kirvoski for FC Dallas very own Eddie Johnson along with a bench warmer. Do you guys think its true??? :confused:

7. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you smoking? Oh wait...you are a Galaxy AND Chivas fan.....never mind!

Do you honestly Dallas would part with their player at the very moment the new stadium is opening?

8. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    LOL :D "Good One"

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i would give up pando for two bench warmers just two see if pando and Ruiz combo would of work out/ how exciting that would Be

but you LA fans would of said" I smoke Rocks!" :cool:

10. annoying04

annoying04 New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    california
    So... we trade Kirovski, Naldo and Gordon for Ruiz. (if that isnt enough they can take sampson too :D) so we have the pando-ruiz combination and Naldo is gone. Everybody wins.