Guess the Jersey Sponsor

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Oct 26, 2013.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Board is getting pretty dull, since the Friday announcement of USL affiliation never seems to come. So, how about we speculate on a jersey sponsor?

The USL wiki page currently lists the following types of companies as sponsors:

Tourism board
    Software (?) company
    Powerade
    Health Diagnostics Lab
    Medical centers (3)
    Hotel
    Bimbo Bakeries
    Health Insurance Provider
    None (1)

So, who do you want to see as our sponsor? Well Fargo? Anthem Blue Cross? Golden 1? Intel? VSP? In fact, just make one guess, for bragging rights to the winner.

I'll go with Golden1. Not my first choice (that would be Tesla, the car manufacturer) but who I think it will be.

2. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm picking-

Supercuts

Darkhorse candidates-
    Sutter Health
    Jiffylube
    Les Schwab Tires

3. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I guarantee it's not VSP. I'd agree that Supercuts is the front runner. Anyone good at photoshop? I'd be curious what kits people come up with.

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Togo's fan. Not familiar with most of the rest of those companies (I went to Sac State in '98-99. Now I live in my native San Diego).

I do like the UCDavis logo, I'm almost ashamed to say.

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    T
    Togo's Rock!!!!

7. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mikuni or UC Davis Children's Hospital would be cool but it'll probably be Supercut.

8. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    SuperCuts has a good logo for going on a shirt. Simple, readable, bold, and monochrome.

Here's an example I came up with of a home and away set:

[​IMG]

I feel like brown is under-used in kits. Since these colors feature so heavily in the crest, I hope we see some tan or brown rather than just the same old commonly used colors (white, red, blue, black). I took the colors straight from the crest with the eyedropper tool, and I think they look pretty good on kits.

Disregard the initials in the collar part. That's just the mark of the maker of the template I used.

markmcf8, QuietType and mangerson repped this.
  9. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Thanks for the photoshop, the first uniform almost looks like it's military themed. From the looks of jerseys I've seen from other USL teams I suspect Sac Republic will just add a badge to a template jersey from one the big manufacturers.

10. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Most likely. At least with USL different teams have different kit manufacturers. Makes it more interesting than MLS kits, since MLS has a league-wide contract with Adidas.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  11. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Think I said it in another thread but I get the feeling the team will be using Nike for their kits and training gear. If you look at the try out pictures posted on Facebook the coaching and front office staff are all wearing Nike gear with the Republic badge.

12. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do you have a link?

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool stuff Neuworld, I like the way those look. I'm a Han more of a solid look rather than a different top/bottom, but those look nice!

The thing about brown and cream color is they can veer into the range of skin tones.. I think it was a year or two ago that Philadelphia had their flesh-colored kits and from far away it looked like a bunch of guys running around naked!

15. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    QuietType repped this.
  16. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah, the light tan color is a little iffy since it's so reminiscent of a skin color.

Another version:

[​IMG]

All white is a little boring, but most teams have a dark kit and a bright/light kit and there that many commonly-used options besides white. Maybe a lighter red than is in the crest...

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are just warm up tees for try outs. No?

18. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Have a feeling Maroon will be the primary color on the home jersey. Not crazy about the Brown/ earthtones for a sports jersey. Nice work on the mockups though, Neuwerld.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  19. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That would be great. Maroon has always been one of my favorite colors for kits.

[​IMG]

That red/maroon is the darker shade of red on the star in the crest.

QuietType repped this.
  20. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The maroon color is cool. Any chance you can add the white sleeves and collar to the maroon jersey? Perhaps a white stripe on the socks as well.

21. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    When and if we ever make an MLS push, and if the Kings ownership is involved, I would like to see a purple theme.

Call me a homer, but I personally like when all the pro sports teams from a respective city share the same color theme. Really speaks of city pride, IMO. Pittsburg is my favorite; yellow and black. Seattle is pretty cool, too, even though I hate Seattle (attempted Kings theft, and 49ers rivalry). Seattle's color scheme sucks though

22. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I like the Kings, not a fan of purple. It's kind of Orlando City's thing anyways.

23. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Added white sleeves and collar, along with a white stripe on the socks. Also tried one with purple:

[​IMG]

QuietType repped this.
  24. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Since we're the city of trees maybe they can make the jerseys look like this but brown or maroon.