Guess the 9 November Playoff Attendance

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    If there was an anti-jesse jackson demonstration there I would be a bigh part of it too. The guy is a schmuck!

2. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    I won't be there but my brother, brother inlaw and 4 nephews will be making their Fire debut in the NSF.

Maybe I've missed it but any TV yet?

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    All 12 of them?

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    That is the whole reason the game is at noon.

ESPN2.

5. RaginInferno

RaginInferno New Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Lockport, IL
    I know I'll be wrong

6. Fireman

Fireman Member

Mar 2, 2000
    Upper Deck
  7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. I think the nay-sayers will be (pleasantly) surprised. I expect a number near to what we've had the psat 2 games. Both times, with about 30K at each, the whole place has been electric. Whatever problems we have in S8 working out the bugs, the stadium in general has had an atmosphere I know we never got in that past 2 years. That said, that kind of atmosphere will draw back just about the same number. New fans have been converted and that No-Go-Naperville types have been reconfirmed. Why, with such an intense, stadium wide atmosphere, would we loose half the population? Bears game or no.

Baby!

9. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Does anyone know the amount of tickets sold yet. I know its a couple of weeks away, but just wondering.

My guess is going to be 15,333.

I would be a big part of the rally against Jesse Jackson too...

10. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    17,500. If it were a 3pm game I'd be more optomistic

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm hearing from a number of people who aren't regular goers that just went to one of the first two games to see the team come back to Chicago and a game in the new stadium that they bought tickets for the playoffs. I hope that's indicative of a lot of folks' experience the first few games.

12. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    If only a partion of the stadium is open like last game I say same exact number of people as the last game, but if more is open I say 34,591.

13. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't mind drinking so early !!

I say 24,201.

14. ne plus ultra

ne plus ultra Member

Jul 9, 2000
    They decide whether to open portions of the stadium based on ticket sales, so yours is rather circular reasoning. My sense is that they'd never turn anyone away, although it's possible that there's a more sophisticated flow chart of options along these lines: If we've sold fewer than 25,000 by four days out, then we keep the upper sections closed, limiting us to 29,000 or so, but if we've sold 25,001, then we'd better open it, in order to take advantage of the chance that we might sell 31 or 32,000.

Just a guess.

I'd bet the forecasting is down to a science, because the profit/loss margin of the food vendors depends on knowing how many people to bring on for a given game, how much perishable food to buy, etc.

Remind me, does the Fire get a small portion of this revenue stream? If I were Soldier Field management, I'd want them to have a piece of the action, so that they'd provide me with the best possible predictions on crowds for my vendors.

15. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Peter Wilt mentioned in a Sun-Times article I read some time ago the Fire get 50% of concessions and parking. The other 50% goes to the Park District. The old contract had all of that amount go to the Park District.

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Dunno if I will be there, haven't ruled it out yet tho. I'm guessing somewhere in between match 1 and 2 at NSF... around 29,500.

17. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
  19. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mls confidential states that peter wilt does not expect to match the 30,000-28,000 crowds for the 11/9 game, with the quote from peter that playoffs don't draw as well as regular season games but that he still expects a "good crowd".

20. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shut up.

GO SOX

22. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would imagine that the attendance would flucuate with (1) the weather; and (2) the results of the 1st match of the tie.

That said, assuming a decent day, I would say around 25,000.

23. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    The question is.. is Peter trying to downplay things incase the playoffs trend of the past continues or is this the reality?

24. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post.

25. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team: