Guess the 9 November Playoff Attendance

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Oct 21, 2003.

1. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    November 9th Playoff game

What do you think the attendance will be for the 1st playoff game in NSF. The game is at noon that's not a very good time for a playoff game, but with 30,845 at the first game and 28,154 at the second game. I think we could get a pretty good crowd for the playoff game, so I'm going with 18,500 for this game. A bit more if we end up winning the first leg of the playoffs (20,000).

2. I want to see 40000. There is no doubt; the Fire are hot. There is also an adequate period for ticket sales.

Marcin

3. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to guess around 23,000. Its a fairly big event and seeing as the Fire are the only successful franchise (I LOVE IT) in Chicago..the people better learn quick how to support them. I am looking at making the small trip from South Bend.....

4. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Im sayin' 35. Having attended the first 2 games and with the team winning a lot recently, fans will come to see a winner in Chicago for once.

5. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    The other day even Mike North (SCORE radio host) said he might even take in a game....and this is coming from a guy who said he'd never go to a soccer game and who thinks the sport is stupid. Anyway, I think this is as good of a time as any for other Chicago sports fans to come to a Fire game.

6. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I hate to be a downer on this, but I am only going to predict 14-16,000. I just don't see any more than that on a Sunday afternoon.

7. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    From my memory, the Fire never have drawn well at SF for Sunday matches. Especially for those Noon starts back when Telemundo had the MLS contract.

Bill Q.

8. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    I'm going to guess around 15K. I work on Sundays, so I won't be able to attend. Damn job...

9. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think you are all nuts. 40K!

10. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Just tell him there will be an anti-Jesse Jackson demonstration before the game. He will be there and probably give lots of money for support...

11. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Very simple. Take the day off.

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Let's go to the tape. Kenn?

http://www.kenn.com/soccer/mls/chicago.html
    I think the big attendance is going to be for the conference final. I wouldn't be surpised to see a repeat of 98.

13. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't June 4 the DH with Ireland/MExico?

I'm thinking 15-20k. You'll notice none of those top attendance dates are playoff games. Hoping for more, of course, and I'll definitely be there.

14. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Yes.

Well, true...but we haven't had the presale time and fixed playoff dates ever before, either.

15. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

41,023. Do we win tickets to the next playoff game if anyone is right?

16. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    Speaking as the lucky stiff who won the tickets the last time this was done (thanks again Fanaddict), I think anything over 15k will be a pleasant surprise. I think we had a lot of people cashing vouchers, coupled with new SF curiosity at work for the last 2 games. The very fact that we are getting stuck with playoff games on a Sunday afternoon and a Friday (took me 3 HOURS to get to the new SF opener from the north suburbs) is the clearest indication we need our own stadium. Both these games would be rocking, guaranteed sellouts if we had our own place and Saturday evening game times.

17. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
  18. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    26,438, and that's a fact!

19. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, I was shocked when he set up the hour by asking for callers who had been to a Fire game and wanted to talk about it.

Between that and NIU...talk about a revolution at the Score.

20. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    1) Novembers in Chicago can be pretty chilly.
    2) The Bears play at the same time. I know the Bears suck. We all know they suck. That said, they're still arguably the most popular team in this town and that may prevent bandwagon jumpers from hopping on.

Sorry to be the wet blanket, but I'm guessing 17771.

21. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Have to agree, but you get tired of talking about the same crap all the time. NIU is hard to ignore right now, and with the Bears and Blackhawks,the two worst teams in their respective leauges, the Fire is a nice change... The more Fire press they get, the better in my opinion, no matter what the situation is.

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Fair enough, but we were going up against the Cubs in the playoffs a few games ago too. The impact of an away Cubs playoff game has got to be near-equivalent to a s***ty Bears team's away regular season game.

23. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    True, but now we lose Sox fans too. :)

24. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    I have to agree with you. maybe we get 20,000 but always something. I understand its because of Television, but it definately makes it harder to sell tickets for an event that is in the middle of the afternoon on the Sabbath. Makes it pretty tough, but we shall see.

25. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Most football fans don't care for soccer and vice versa. I think the Bears wil have minimal impact on this game.

40,000!