Guess he means business

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by reelmaad, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Wow....now thats dedication:cool:

[​IMG]

Attaboy Ronie attaboy....

2. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    translation please??

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is increasing his exercise routine to lose weight and even running at night around his house in his free time. I guess all the criticism has gotten to him.

4. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    Thanks for the meaning....:)

Its good for everyone that he's serious and dedicated this season....I hope he scores the 30goals he promised this season....a determined Ronaldo might as well be impossible to stop!!!

5. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or...maybe it's Capello who means business.

"Work your azz off or grab some bench!"

6. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
  7. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo is losing everything, so he really needs to wake up.
    He is already out of the NT and RVN is scoring a lot.

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's exactly what he said! Plus RvN, Raul, and Cassano looking good is not helping Ronaldo's career.
    By the way, I'm not a Ronaldo hater. I hope he returns to form and finishes his career at RMCF.

9. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Won't be long now. Getting strong now. :)

10. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yum, nothing like the taste of raw eggs first thing in the morning...

Ronaldo to Brasil Strike Partner: "Yo, Adriano!"

11. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are at a real turning point in terms of player selection. A changing of the guard is happening. Everybody getting fit and fighting for spots, Beckham sitting behind Reyes, great players to chose from in defense/defensive midfield. Good times!

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. I'm all for having lots of depth and having players fight for their spots just don't overload like Chelsea which can often lead to infighting.

13. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Very nice to see this from Ronaldo. I would be the happiest person if he is back to top form, good to see that he took the criticism well this time.

14. FordPrefect

FordPrefect New Member

Oct 3, 2006
    USA
    There is hardly any depth in defense right now. Both are RBs are injured (one of them cant defend, the other one is way past his peak). Our only LB is a liability and there is no cover for the CBs. We got to do with makeshifts like Mejia and Bravo.

15. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I don't consider Mejia as make shift. Anyway, welcome to BigSoccer.

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Mejia is a fine CB, but he still looks weak at RB. I wouldn't count him out of it yet, he's only had a few games at the position. Hopefully he can make it his. But we know that Capello would have no hesitancy in buying a new player.

Why not just teach Beckham how to tackle?....hehe ;)

17. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mejia? makeshift?. He is an excellent RB and so is Ramos, he could play there too if needed.

18. FordPrefect

FordPrefect New Member

Oct 3, 2006
    USA
    Mejia is a makeshift RB because that is not his natural position. He drifts a lot to the center of the pitch and doesnt go up the flank as much as a good RB should do. But to be fair, he hasnt played many games as a RB, so lets hope for the best.

Ramos can play RB only if we have enough CBs, he cant be playing both CB and RB in a match ;).

19. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I honestly think Capello is worried about Cannavaro. Between him and Ramos, its obvious who the better CB has been so far. If he pulls Ramos from CB to play him at RB, and slots in Mejia, Pavon or Helguera, the center of defense looks a bit shaky all of a sudden.

If Canna was playing better, maybe Capello would switch him over. Anyways, Mejia hasn't been bad or anything. He will take some time to get used to the position, but we'll be ok. And its' not like Salgado is dead.

20. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    when's he gonna be back btw? salgado..

21. FordPrefect

FordPrefect New Member

Oct 3, 2006
    USA
    Canna is slowly getting into the groove. Even if he were top of his game, I wouldnt move out Ramos. Imho, two good CBs will complement each other and in some way help each other play better. Pairing Canna with someone else will only pull down Canna's performance. Look what happened to Ramos last season.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WOW this thread has just gone off-topic. Mejia, Ramos, Cannavaro :p

23. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I reckon! I'm so happy Ronnie is improving though, I've always been a huge fan of his shots (powerful and lets them rip quickly), can't wait to see him play again.

24. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm glad Ronaldo is taking it seriously. It's good to see him doing all that. I'm looking forward to having him back now. Seriously, barring his injury spell, there hasn't been a time where he has been mentally lower and has been criticized by the whole world like this. He knows what it takes to get out of this.

25. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed dot. I think that if he can regain some sort of form/confidence and shed some pounds, he could be one of the top scorers of Europe.