Guatemalans Playing Abroad

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ruiz needs to play with the big boys in Europe for he can earn some worldwide respect. Right now he is just a great "MLS" player and as the spanish commentators would say on Gol TV "Ruiz needs to go to Europe before he can be classified as a great player, maybe even a couple of heads in Europe"

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    not that simple , RUIZ IS Municipal Slave he signed a contract when he was 12 for "crumbs"

what he needs is a new agent , pezzarossi reps has landed him impressive clubs in latin america and europe pezza needs to introduce his agent to ruiz

ruiz will end his career broke, if i was him i would left Muni to las cremas for a better offer when he starts to suck

3. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

4. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    If he doesnt do something quick , hes gonna be wasted talent in the MLS like Eddie pope.

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i wonder why Ruiz is limited to jus the MLS and Pezzarossi is going to europe

i will compare and you guys make your analysis

RUIZ Style target forward/ penalty box striker

5'9 or 174 cm ,wt 175 clubs : Municipal, Gianna pas,LA galaxy, FC Dallas

Best at; scoring , beating players in the air" headers", back to goal make a little half spin and create space between, first touch, fancy "highlight" goals

Pezzarossi style target forward/ holding mid
    HT: 6'2 or 188 cm

Wt 200 pds

Clubs: escuintla, Comunicacaiones, santiago wanderers, U de Catolica, argentinos JRS, Racing de Ferrol, Bolton

Best at: in the Air , scoring headers, holding the ball, quick 1 touch passing & combining with the leftsided wingers, outside the 18yd box shooting.
    muscling defenders, opening space for faster forwards

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Because Pezzarossi an EU passport.................... :rolleyes:

7. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Ruiz is eligible for italy, spain and etc.... england would be a little more difficult but he would still be eligible since guatemala is ranked 56
    Municipal are the ones messing up ruiz prime years

8. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Peazarossi italian or something???

Yea ur right Munucipal is gonna ruin Ruiz career.

9. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Damn this is really messed up shyte. If he has an amazing first couple of months in MLS is there a possibility that he be sold by MLS in June? I don't know, I can't believe the MLS out bid everyone else.

10. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

EU teams think Central americans players are still cheap , MLS i guess only really recognizes his talent

DCatracho didn't suazo get picked up cheap when he first signed with Cagluiri in 99 -2000?

11. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    His father is italian and he got citizenship to be sold to Racing de ferrol back in 2002 making it easy to move around in europe

12. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Would you guys rather see Ruiz back with FC Dallas or the Metrostars? If he goes to the Metrostars he probably wont play with Amado Guevra since they will likely be traded for each other.

13. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Olimpia sold David Suazo to Cagliari for around 2 million Dollars American. Is that cheap for a player that was only 18 or 19 at the time???

14. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Damn Chapines are cursed when it comes to playing abroad. Pezza is the one who has made it to the best clubs. Other than that our best players have only been to MLS: Carlos Ruiz, Martin Machon(Mexico too), Guillermo Ramirez, Mario Rodriguez, Gustavo Cabrera, Fredy Garcia and Jorge Rodas. I truely feel that this group of players would have been more successful in a more competitive league if given the adequate chance. I can't believe Ruiz is going to continue in MLS.

15. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

well Cagliari supposedly wanted to pay less than what the MLS was offering for a more established concacaf forward then when suazo was 18 yrs old

see how things work out.

guatemala is definitely cursed, we were born cursed when it comes to sports, pezzarossi has been to big clubs and have been successful, i guess that italian blood circulates well in his body along with his chapin blood

16. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I guess Olimpia knew that it woud benefit Honduras in both getting a good rep and the national team if he went abroad. I guess money wasnt a major factor for them, so they sold him to Cagliari. Look him now , he always gets looked at by teams like AC Milan,Juventus, even Ajax. The only reason he isnt being sold is because Cagliari is at a real tough spot ( they are near regulation zone) and Suazo has been delivering (11 goals in Serie A). According to the club president "Suazo is a Diamond in the Team", which is true because the team is been lacking since Zola retired.

17. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

hopefully fredy thompson can go to mexico, it was rumored he was going to be sold a team in Uruguay, i feel that he is the next big thing to come from guatemala

sims ?????? i feel betrayed by him! How could you be born in guatemala and place it 2nd to the USA? betrayal!!!!!

we had a few chapines in europe before but that when i didn't even exist

here what i thinks need to happen in the next few years;
    guatemala's Goals to get player to go abroad:

Qualify a Local league team with a few good young players to a INTL tourney like what saprissa has done of late:

have a Guatemalan team quailfy to a important tournement other than gold cup: U 17 YWC, U-20 YWC, The WC

win The CAC U-21 tourney!!! that might get us a few young players in South america teams and that will be the main core of players used for the 2008 olympic qualifying U 23 tourney

retire some OLD @SS players IE juan carlos plata, and mario acevedo please quit Municipal needs to move on and have new stars!!! how can i squad that gets the most attention from teams abroad and lead the GFL have to of old F U C KS like pin plata and acevedo they are hurting the guatemalan NT by not developing younger players in league play and letting there skills go to waste on the bench

18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Learn

Here's a list of Guatemalans that have played abroad in the past. I got this info for a different forum, so dont ask for details.

19. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Re: Learn

nice little list

Pablo melgar played in chile cuase i believe his mother is from there right??

MARTIN MACHON WAS our country best Mid ever and very well traveled he could of done some things

20. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You actually had a guy in Real Madrid wow

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    at the turn of the last century

22. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  23. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Wow u see not all Guatemalans are cursed

24. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Well as the list goes on it gets less impressive. Its a nice little list, but its missing the newest generation of players. I guess the curse came on us as of late:eek: I didnt know of all those old school players, thanks for the info.

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    David Stokes. Atlético Oro de México (1973)

now this guy was a good forward 6'4 like his brother henry stokes defender for las kremas who now lives in the DC/MD/VA area i met this guy 2 years ago he knows my father some how y tuvo sus tragos with my dad, im mean my dad Got messed up with him they must of been very close back in the day, any way

Martin machon is the best player to do it and be from guatemala, he receives mutual respect from the mexicans and americans he was pratically shipped to spain at 16 or 17 most creative man from guatemala we needed some like that in the WCQ