Guatemalans Playing Abroad

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Luis swisher played his last game of this year vrs Wisla Plock
    and they lost 4-0

the the second part of the polish liga season will restart march 4th

[​IMG]

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Carlos RUIZ currently has 4 offers from 4 clubs out side guatemala:

1. MLS;FC dallas want to resign him
    2. Glascow rangers Scottish premier league
    3.atlante MFL
    4.Teneriffe spain 2nd division.

him and his agent said they don't see him playing in FC Dallas anymore
    and wants to try europe despite not paying as much as the MLS is currently
    offering! which i beleive is the mls league MAX ( 350,000 $ per season)+bonus etc.....

http://www.pcgol.com/Data/varios501.htm

the reason why i think he is going to europe instead of MLS is because carlos and agent will proably be able to renogtiate a lot easier through a club then through the MLS
    and get a sweeter deal once he has proven himself .

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Rangers or Tenerife. Atlante sux, maybe if it was a better mexican team.

4. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

how are Rangers doing? i heard there fighting relegation

carlos playing at Atlante would atleast shut up the mexicans who say he can't cut it in the mexican league

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Pablo getting a little closer to play with cobreloa of chile

i didn't know his mother is from chile and will be able to get him citizenship
    and that his parents both live in chicago , i knew he played at the univ. of chicago, and was a top defender in the Ncca and had a chance to play in the MLS but thats good i rather be away from guatemala to with its gang problems.
    here is a link
    http://www.lared.com.gt/internaCont.asp?idc=66780&id_cat=188

BTW ruiz contract with the MLS expires 12/31/05 11.59.59 pm
    or in army time 31/12/2005 23.59.59pm

the way atlante is shaping up with there best foreign player leaving to tigres it looks like atlante is preparing to make space for ruiz
    it looks like they need a ruiz caliber player...i hope ruiz is traning a little here and there cause he hasn't played since nov 15 and its been a month now and it could hurt his first impression

i don't see glasgow making some space or trying to get ruiz, or any rumors.

6. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Dwight pezzarossi has returned to spain to play for his old team Racing de ferrol

he will be with his team in the begining of the new year

http://guatefutbol.com/content/view/666/2/

there are now two players in europe from guatemala lets hope it paves way for younger talent of guatemala to play abroad

i feel that he can get them close to promotion to la liga
    AND THIS is CONSIDERED A LOAN .

he can freely go to any team even though he is on a 5 yr contract with comunicaciones

7. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    Why isn't Luis Swisher been playing with the national team lately
    He is good and it looks like our defence needs him in the back

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    becuase El primi was and is a dumb @SS, im glad they fired his ASS

Hernan Gomez will be an excellent improvement over el primi

atleast he's taken teams to the World cup 2: Colombia and Ecuador to their first ever appearance in 2002

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Carlos Ruiz with more offers one in mexico and the other in Italy serie A

San luis potosi in mexico
    &
    Calguri Italia seri A are perusing Carlos ruiz

http://guatefutbol.com/content/view/673/2/

we should know by next week were he goes!!!!!!!!

10. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Ive always liked Carlos Ruiz...he's a very good foward with some great qualities. I can see him playing in Mexico more than anywhere else. Although he is good enough to play in Italy...

11. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    I am glad that Guate got a new coach
    And Ruiz should go to Serie A that is were he will improve the most

12. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

He should go to the serie A but not with caliguri. They are currently in the relegation zone and as much as I think Ruiz is talented they need alot more than just Ruiz. Also Ruiz's style is not suited for Serie A I would rather see him at rangers where he would simply tear the league up. remember rangers is a lock for at least Uefa Cup. Rangers is currently in 4th place and has a more complete team. If Ruiz does well in scotland it will land him a good contract with a Premier League team. Look at Claudio Reyna as an example he played 3 years at rangers then move to sunderland in the prem he ended up in Man city.

13. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ruiz and suazo would fight them out of regalation, just the fact that a fellow central american poacher is around, they will gel very well and feed off each other , and there would be a language barrier. it would be monumental a catracho and chapin on a top flight euro team!!! lots of respect.
    the chemistry would unbelievable

calguri is the move for the Fish.

as far as rangers goes, who knows if they still want him, as far a i know municipal has only metioned calguri , san luis potosi , and FC dallas are in the run for carlos ruiz , rangers proably had interests last year, but its a no brainer , Serie A or SPL duuuuuuuuh serie A even if there 16th or 17th place its the half way mark anything can happen

and the way Municipal office's are talking about it , its pretty much neck to neck with Calguri or san luis potosi.

ruiz might chose as early as tuesday
    a quote from rojomania

14. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Latest News in guatemalans abroad:

* Left back Luis swisher will finish out his contract and stay with polania warsaw

• Municpal sets up a deal with MLS for RMid Mario "el loco" rodriguez and he will remain with the columbus Crew 1 more season.

Gustavo cabrera central defender will stay also with RealSaltLlake one more season, not sure if communicaciones loaned him or if MLS owns him now??

Pando ramirez , is trying option anywere away from guatemala
      i heard even africa for Tunisia league or ecuador,honduras, this guy is desprate.he is defintalety not what he once was back in 2000 a sad demise for guatemala NT former captain

Ruiz to make a decision as early as this tuesday between 3 clubs:

Calguri Italy Serie A
      San luis potosi FMF 1a div
      FC dallas MLS 1st division

15. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Big Guate futbol fan - reading BigSoccer forever, just decided to register and get in the game here. Anyhow, after reading the post above... I thought that I had remembered Cabrera's contract under some dispute with Comunicaciones prior to joining Salt Lake. Found this article after searching a few minutes. If this is correct, he joined MLS after his contract with Comunicaciones expired in June 2005.

http://www.prensalibre.com/pl/2005/junio/23/117243.html

16. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

welcome , the article said his sports agent David Pannica said that it was un just what the cremas are doing to him and they didn't permit him to try out for other teams before the gold cup and that cremas weren't paying him for two weeks, and he felt that they weren't giving him enough financial security, there was no real dispute, but , that answered my question he is 100% MLS property (didn't read that article before)

and yes it ended the 30th of june and he was in talks with Real at the time
    but was on trail

but i posted that he resigned with RSL, and wasn't sure what was his financial situation or deal if what was 50 / 50 loan or whatever . but i guess he is 100% MLS prop

don't follow comunicaciones, expect for tanque when he played there, Martin Machon when he was at his prime,and old video tape back when the stokes brothers were ruling the Concacaf and one the old CCC tourney in the 70s and the Uncaf tourney

17. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

• fixed my post , added some here and there

18. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
  19. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    didn't say any thing about that just that , the MLS wants him in another team somewhere possibly in the East i hope DC United, so i can see him more often

that article is old man
    try to post some new stuff if you here any

20. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Damn, Ruiz in Italy. That would be tight. I think he definately has what it takes but that whole relegation thing worries me. I heard that a French team was interested, anybody know which one?

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i heard that too. ant long time no see !!
    , just a club in france

this week i bet will hear something

22. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    I just got back from Guate :D I was reading the Diarios and the Prensa over there and they said that Necaxa was interested in Ruiz. They also said that MLS offered a record breaking deal for Ruiz and that Pando was offered a 50 percent pay cut to continue in MLS which of course he turned down.

The suspense about Ruiz is killing me. I don't want him in Mexico though. MLS has mistreated him. Serie A all the way.

23. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    damn you stayed long i came back b4 new year to handle some business for this semster ,

man i had school some cats in my old neighborhood in morales inbeach soccer how bout u??

24. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Yeah I came back today because my semester starts in a few days. I stayed in Palencia where my tio lives. The weather was nice huh? I like going to Guate., I always get sad when I leave.

I wanna know where Ruiz ends up so I can sport the new jersey:cool: lol

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i can't complain,

one article said he'll make a decision sometimes this week,

could be europe , if he signs this week , since there season resumed this weekend