Guatemalan Soccer, News & info (R)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Romano/Rojo, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    yank? who is cancela with the Revs?

argie?

what do you have from honduras? Guevara and the cold feet of Pineda chacon (not national team material for Bora)

2. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lemme break it down for you.

we have El Lobo Guevara in Metrostars playing every minute of every game and giving huge passes and once in a while scoring.

We have Milton "El Jocon" Reyes in D.C. he hasnt seen a minute this year but that is because he is injured with a torn acl for about 4 months. last year he played every game and finished most of them.

Pineda Chacon taking advantage of the many times he gets traded to get to live in a new city with different people and different things to do.

3. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he's an argie. He isn't that great though. I doubt he'll be on the team next season. He isn't good enough to use an SI slot on. Chacon was a one hit wonder, but I disagree about Guevara. He's an excellent player. Probably the best attacking mid in MLS. Honduras are a good side, but not so good that it would be in their best interest to exclude a player of Guevara's quality.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Isn't this the same Cancela that used to play for Cruz Azual? If thats the case then he's from Uruguay.

5. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    what do you mean you disagree, nobody said Guevara wasnt a good player

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ultima fecha#10:

Resultados: Aurora 1 Zacapa 0, Comunicaciones 5 Jalapa 1, Marquense 2 Antigua 0, Teculután 5 Xelajú 1, Cobán 2 Municipal 0.

== Posiciones: Comunicaciones 19 puntos; Municipal 18; Xelajú 17; Cobán 16; Teculután 14; Zacapa 13; Aurora 11; Jalapa, Antigua 9; Marquense 8.

== Próxima fecha: Xelajú - Cobán, Antigua - Aurora, Municipal - Marquense, Zacapa - Comunicacions, Jalapa - Teculután.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    guatemala nats vs Denver rapids

who has info on that game? Full squad? or Just pescadito and pezarossi upfront?

8. mnthunder

mnthunder Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Guatemala
    Futbol in Guatemala

I'm leaving in December to spend a year working in Antigua, Guatemala.

I know that the Guatemalan has a popular pro league and would like to know more about it. Any information about clubs, grounds, star players, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also interested how much/how accessible coverage of euro, south american and mls is.

Thanks

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Futbol in Guatemala

from what I have gathered, Communicaciones is the most storied team and Municipal is the most popular team in Guatemala.

Those are the 2 biggest clubs in Guatemala. I havent looked or read too much about it lately, but I heard that both were experiencing financial troubles.

The infrastructure in Guatemala is better than most Central American countries. As far as the league, it is the richest in Central America, BUT does not have the richest team. A lot of Central America's best players end up somewhere (either in thier prime or past) in the Guatemalan league.

One thing that surprises me about the Guatemalan league (considering its economical advantages over its central america counterparts) is that it has not produced more desireable results both at the club and national team level.

BUT aside from that.. at least you will experience living in a soccer passionate country where they talk about it at the dinner table, work, & school.

Have fun in Guatemala. Ive been there but not long enough to say I know it like the back of my hand.

as far as how accessible the euro, south, & mls are.. you would have to ask someone else who is more familiar on the subject

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    If cable tv is run as well as in Honduras, you will get a shot of il calccio and serie A....as it happens.

Antigua, is to be one the nicest places in earth!

Goltv.....just had a game from that city, small stadium by cozy, low shade area in about 20 steps grades....I will pay more attention and post it here.

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Denmark also will play Guatemala in Los Angeles on Jan. 24, the Danish Football Association said Thursday. One additional game is planned.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Municipal vs Principes de Coban

Los de azul van por todo! en goltv for SUNDAY 12/14/03 after 3pm

14. mnthunder

mnthunder Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Guatemala
    Clausura Guatemalteca 2004

I just got here and was happy to see that the clausura would begin on 25/01/04.

Anybody want to talk about it?

15. Rene_Romano

Rene_Romano New Member

Mar 23, 2003
    L.A.
  16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hola rene! como estas?

recuerda en contribuir, de otra manera parece que estubieras spaming the site to drive our posters to your site

I love you brother, but no links like that pls.... just leave the info and answer the questions on gate futbol o just lleave your great opinion here.

Paz

17. Rene_Romano

Rene_Romano New Member

Mar 23, 2003
    L.A.
    Chat Con Gonzalo Romero, CSD Municipal

Thursday Jan 22 in Rojomania.com
    This guy is rumored to be the next Galaxy midfielder, be there.

18. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guatemalan Soccer

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...m/20041018/od_nm/odd_guatemala_prostitutes_dc

Prostitutes' Soccer Team Loses to Cops

Mon Oct 18,10:03 AM ET Oddly Enough - Reuters

GUATEMALA CITY (Reuters) - A soccer team made up of Guatemalan prostitutes, formed to call attention to their poor working conditions, lost 3-1 to policewomen on Saturday.

The women get paid as little as $2.50 for sex and complain of frequent police harassment, despite their profession being legal and widespread in Guatemala.

"We get much more attention from the public now our faces are known; people come up and congratulate us and tell us to keep up the good work," said Valeria, 27, who scored the prostitutes' goal on Saturday.

"It's good to feel the power of being united; when we work, we are more isolated in our rooms," said defender Beatriz, 37.

The prostitutes, the Stars of the Tracks, were kicked out of an elite amateur league last month because of allegations that their fans used profanity.

$2.50???

19. mnthunder

mnthunder Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Guatemala
    Re: Guatemalan Soccer

It is sad but true.

This team also played against a team from a prestigous private high school in Guatemala City. They only announced they were prostitutes at half-time and the high school team refused to finish the match.

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

gimme 10!

21. Vamos al futbol

Vamos al futbol New Member

Sep 29, 2004

Pictures, Pictures.....

22. HONDUGOL

HONDUGOL New Member

Sep 11, 2004

yeah.. can anyone send a picture please

did they play topless?

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    cienciano (peru) vs guatemala [r]

cienciano won 3-0

i was just wondering if guatemala used their b players

this is the team they used

Guatemala (0): Klee; G. Cabrera, Sanabria, E. Cabrera, Morales; Ramírez, Pereira, Thompson, Castillo; Zacarías y Estrada. DT: Ramón Maradiaga

Subs:
    Trigueño x Klee,
    V. Hernández x Morales,
    Pezzarossi x Ramírez,
    Dávila x Pereira,
    Navas x Zacarías
    T.A.: Pereira.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: cienciano (peru) vs guatemala [r]

man. that was a real wipping..... A real practice game for el primi.

I wonder if goltv or centralamerican tV will re-run the game?
    ahhh do not forget that CR put 5 on the nicas' net.