Guatemalan Football, News-Info & Misc. -part X [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

ESSSOOOOOO!!!! I like jur style papa!

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Me lo imaginaba. :eek:

3. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well we can continue the talk about Guate here I guess Guti. So you said there are 2 players in Germany, whats their names?

I thought it was cool that Honduras made it to the WC but I guess they are your rivals so you didn't like it that much, but I hope you guys can make it next time.

Honduras produced a lot of players lately, how are the academies and teams there in Guatemala? I mean is it hard to succeed there and are the players trying to go abroad from a early age?

I will try to follow Guatemalan NT now that Aris got Ruiz and he said that he will return to the NT.

The South American(central american too) football is really interesting and I love to follow it. There are so many talented players there. I already follow Brazilian football a lot since I went there.

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well Imperador, first of all let me say thank you for taking an interest to learn not only about our football but the rest the latin american countries. You know we've had several Guatemalan players that played in Greece & Cyprus, like for me honestly i didnt know that you guys had a thread. But is never to late to follow your football. I gotta tell you i was impressed with your National team, you guys have some great talent.

5. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah I guess Greek football isn't that famous in the rest of the world either. The Greek NT the made the impossible 2004 when we won the Euro. After that I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the team except some games. But I don't like the way some things are working in Greece and if there wasn't so much dirty things going on I think we would have been even better.

But it's good that small countries can compete on the highest level now.(I think Greece is the smallest to ever win the Euro? Before there were only the big countries that had chances to shine.

How are the facilities over there and what do you think about the future of Guatemalan football?

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well Imperador let me give you some info. about the two kids:
    Stefano Cincotta he currently plays for the Eintracht of Frankfurt- he's half Guatemalan half Italian and born in Germany, he's played with the U19 of the German National team. We still dont know if he'll play for Guate one day since he's half Guatemalan, so he's a ?

Gustavo Grajeda - plays for the FSV Bentwisch i believe thats the 2nd division in Germany, recently called for the U20 of Guatemala Select team.

You can check our Guatemalans playing abroad thread

Now regarding young players wanting to play abroad, well recently Alexis Monzon Anzueto a 16 year old Guatemalan was scouted by some Barcelona scouts to try out for their young squads. From what i heard he will be back in Spain next October.

Now Guatemala's problem has been that our previous Federation Presidents have not paid attention to our young players, they've been corrupted and calling only old players to our Select team. I believe thats one of the main reason why our football really hasnt evolved and the main problem that we dont have more players abroad. We have the talent but until now, they are calling young players to our Select teams.

Now regarding the rivalry vrs. Honduras, i gotta say in Central America we're probably the only ones along Costa Rica that we can beat them. Now i wouldnt call them our rivals, we pretty cool with them and we were happy that they made it to the WC 2010. The ones we have more of a rivalry is Costa Rica and El Salvador.

Hope you learn a little about our Select team.

7. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks man, great info! :)

8. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I guess thats a World problem with the small countries, Federations stealing money and not seeing the damage that they're doing to the sport.

Where do i see our football, good question. Honestly i still see that there's still a lot of work to be done. Our Federation need to be doing more. Now with our current Federation i do see some big changes, opening an academy for kids for all ages males and females is a great start. We already have a good concentration camp for our Select team so in that sense we're good. I hope we make to our first WC on 2014, i think slowly we making a good squad. :cool:

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Special request to all contributors for the Guatemalan Thread. As you guys know, Guatemala will be coming to the USA to play some friendlies. Now i myself already working on a list to give to the head coach of our Sele. If you guys know or find information about other Guatemalan players playing abroad or in the USA just put that information in Guatemalan's playing in Universities and Colleges. I will give the list personally to the head coach since i already know what hotel the Sele is staying at here in Virginia.
    Thank you lads :cool:

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    La Federación Nacional de Fútbol ha determinado dar un timonazo en la organización del sexto torneo de Copa Centenario.
    Ante la oposición de la Liga Segunda División a jugar con cinco jugadores menores de 20 años, los dirigentes se reunieron con los representantes de las tres ligas participantes y definieron cambios.

1. El torneo se jugará a partir del 25 de agosto con la participación de 48 equipos, 12 de Liga Nacional, 20 de Primera División, 15 de segunda y la selección nacional sub20.

2. Los 48 equipos serán divididos en ocho grupos de seis equipos debidamente regionalizados, clasificando los dos primeros a la fase de eliminación directa.

3. Cada equipo deberá alinear en cada partido a 4 jugadores nacidos en el año 1989, los que serán tomados en cuenta según su capacidad para integrar la selección panamericana y preolímpica.

4. La final se jugará a visita reciproca y no en una sola sede como se había planificado inicialmente.

5. Los jugadores que Ever Hugo Almeida crea que le puede ser útil en el proceso sub20 podrá ser tomado en cuenta siempre y cuando su equipo haya sido eliminado.

6. La sede de la selección nacional sub20 será el estadio Mateo Flores y no será solo visitante como en el formato anterior.
    El sorteo se realizará el lunes a las 15:00 horas en la sede de la Federación Nacional de Fútbol.

http://noticias.emisorasunidas.com/...-y-reglamento-del-torneo-de-copa-centenario-h

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Good Job Federation, i think with that tournament and plus our U20 team, Almeida should be able to get a pretty good group not only for our U20 but for our main Sele.

Aguante Guate :cool:

12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Otra cancha sintética
    </SPAN>20 Ago, 2010 - 11:34:21

Por: Alma Palma
    Las penas que en el presente torneo ha pasado el plantel de Comunicaciones cada vez que juega en condición de local, porque la cancha que utiliza está en muy malas condiciones, parecen llegar a su fin, ya que la administración del estadio Cementos Progreso, que es su sede oficial, ya tiene fechas aproximadas para reabrir la instalación.

Según Otto Melgar, gerente del coloso de la zona 6, los constructores le han dicho que a finales de septiembre o a principios de octubre entregarán la obra.

[​IMG]
    “Costó comenzar a trabajar porque fue en el tiempo de la tormenta Agatha y de la arena que cayó del volcán. Por eso nos atrasamos. Pero las últimas lluvias no han sido un problema porque los constructores han tomado sus precauciones para evitar que el agua dañe las áreas ya trabajadas”, explicó el titular de la gerencia del estadio.
    Mientras tanto, los cremas están jugando en el estadio Pensativo de Antigua Guatemala, que es su segunda sede, pero las constantes lluvias y la cantidad de entrenos y partidos que cada semana se realizan en esa instalación han dañado mucho la cancha.

Y aunque ahora los mismos equipos que la utilizan buscan la manera de recuperarla, el costo para eso es bastante alto, por lo que solo han podido darle mantenimiento, lo cual no sirve de mucho porque no deja de llover.
    El estadio Cementos Progreso sería el segundo en la Liga Mayor del futbol guatemalteco en tener gramilla artificial, pues el estadio Santa Lucía de Malacatán también tiene ese tipo de cancha.

El estadio Julio Armando Cóbar de San Miguel Petapa fue el primero en Guatemala que cambió su gramilla natural, y su equipo lo utiliza en el Torneo de Apertura, pero en la Liga de Ascenso, pues perdió la casilla en la Liga nacional. Además hay cancha sintética para futbol once en el Proyecto Goal, en el Campo de Marte y en Bárcenas.

http://www.deguate.com/artman/publish/futguate/otra-cancha-sintetica.shtml

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Estadio Cementos Progreso "La pedrera" is now the biggest stadium in Guatemala to convert to a fully syntetic field.

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Is not as big as el Mateo is it?

15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    La Pedrera = about 16,000

Mateo = about 29,000 (formerly +/- 40,000 when it had no seats)

16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thanks for the info. Cha ;)

17. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    La Pedrera is not only smaller in capacity, but the pitch is also smaller. And if I remember correctly, we can't hold international NT matches there because of that.

18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    It kind of look like a high school field :D, Guate def. needs to build a bigger stadium or remodeled the hell out of el Mateo

19. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Jfcule leeiste lo que note en Xelaju & Municipal concachampions thread, el entrenador de los rojos se puso furioso por lo que el Loco rodriguez y el pando le dijieron que podian jugar este ultimo partido que jugaron porque dicen que estaban cansados por aver jugado dos partidos entre la semana.

20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    3 games in one week is a bit much, but it also shows that thes guys can't play the way they used to. And why the hell do those 2 need to start? Why doesnt the coach call up some younger players? At that point its the coaches fault as much as it is the players.

21. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The thing Dre is that these two players are like the invinsible ones in los Rojos, they do whatever they want and no one has had the balls to tell them, ok esos caprichitos de ninos se acabo. O se ponen al mismo nivel de sus companeros o a la banca, simple as that bro. Im pretty sure he's gonna teach these clowns a thing or two u'll see. You know thats not only in los rojos is like that in all the teams in Guate. Coaches give in into the players caprichitos and they let them do whatever the hell they want. Why you think pando laugh when he missed that penalty in South Africa, porque le vale mano. Es un payaso.

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  23. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Principal | NOTICIAS | SELECCION DE FUTSAL SERA JURAMENTADA
    SELECCION DE FUTSAL SERA JURAMENTADA

TamaÒo de la fuente: [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
    • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Guatemala, 24 de agosto de 2010. La Federación Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala, por este medio convoca a todos los Medios de Comunicación, al acto de JURAMENTACION, de Selección Nacional de Futsal de Guatemala, que tendrá participación a nivel internacional en la ciudad de Barcelona, España.[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]El acto de Juramentación se llevará a cabo en el miércoles 25 de agosto del presente año, a las 09:30 hrs. en en las instalaciones del colegio de árbitros de la Confederación Deportiva Autónoma de Guatemala.[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]La Selección de Futsal de Guatemala, que dirige el Director Técnico Eduardo Estrada, viajará en el mes de septiembre a la ciudad de Barcelona, España, para solventar dos juegos de fogueo internacional ante la Selección de Futsal de España.[/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Los juegos ante el actual Sub campeón del Mundo, se llevarán a cabo el 20 y 21 de septiembre del presente año y serán inicio de la preparación del combinado nacional con miras al evento internacional GRAND PRIX, que se desarrollará en Río de Janeiro, Brasil en octubre próximo.[/FONT]

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    La selección femenina ha jugado en la pedrera y también hubo una eliminatoria femenina allí hace unos meses ambos juegos sancionados por la CONCACAF y FIFA.

Comunicaciones jugó el año pasado sus partidos internacionales de la LCC en la pedrera.

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Actualizado a las 15:55 Fútbol Internacional

El jueves sortearán los grupos de la Copa Uncaf Panamá 2011

El sorteo para la integración de grupos de la Copa de la UNCAF, que se disputará en Panamá en enero de 2011, se llevará a cabo este jueves en la capital panameña, informó la organización regional del torneo.

• [​IMG]
      La selección panameña, actual campeona, defenderá el título de la Copa Uncaf en su casa, el próximo año. (Foto Prensa Libre).
    1 de 1Anterior Siguiente

AFP
    La Copa Centroamericana Panamá 2011 contará con la participación de las selecciones de Belice, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua y Panamá, ganador del trofeo del 2009.
    El sorteo se realizará la noche del jueves en un hotel de la capital panameña, anunció la organización en un comunicado.
    La Copa de la Uncaf se jugará en dos fases. En la primera, las 7 selecciones estarán divididas en dos grupos. Los dos primeros clasificados pasarán a la segunda fase, donde se eliminarán de manera directa hasta llegar a la final.
    Los cinco primeros clasificados tendrán un billete para la próxima Copa de Oro.