Guatemala vs USA 7/3/15

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by LesG9, Jun 28, 2015.

1. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    From Tennessee 6pm eastern time.
    Guate team ready

Attached Files:

2. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Sopegno will call most of our U23 for this game. That is great news

3. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I am not very happy about this. I wanted our full team (papa, enoc, hernandez, cinco) for this. How are they suppose to build chemistry for the Gold Cup and qualifiers? A beat down from the US will only lower morale. We can try out the U23s some other time after the gold cup.

aramada, dezeptus and Evolute repped this.
  4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agree. US is bringing their GC starters, why not us? The U23 have had more time to practice together, and against the NT, has to mean something.

Anyone know if the game is going to be televised?

5. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Fox Sports 1 and Unimas will be Televising it. Also, I fully doubt we are bringing the U23 team.. yeah Pappa and Cincotta might not be with the team but it should be about 90% the GC team. Haven't heard of the U23 team training separately from the GC team that is currently training?!

Ben Fossen repped this.
  6. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I also highly doubt we will be bringing the u23 team. The u23 team is playing the El Salvador u23 on July 4th in El Salvador.

http://www.fedefutguate.org/index.p...toria-del-29-junio-al-04-de-julio-de-201.html

7. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

If we are honest with ourselves we know that at this point Pappa, Contreras, Cincotta, Hernandez, Ruiz, and Enoc are the core of the team. If 4 of them are out we go from being a B/C team to a D team. We do not have the luxury of losing any starting player.

smh

aramada repped this.
  8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    According to a video posted none of the legionarios will play against the US, but "should" be available for the GC. It'll be an a$$ kicking for the US.

9. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Guatemala vs Mexico in Chiapas part 2. smh
    Then we expect the legionaries to come in and do a fantastic job vs Trinidad and Tobego. That first game will determine if we get out of the group.

I love how MLS didn't let our guys go but they let Douche Dempsy, Zusi, Wondo, Diskeraud, Bradley, etc etc go.

I'll be in Phoenix for the Mexico game so lets hope we got our act together by then.

I really like Sopengo so I wish we could get some wins to increase the public's and Fed's confidence in him

10. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well I just finished seeing an interview with Sopegno and he said that none of our players abroad will play the first GC game but will be available not official but most likely they will be there. Pappa will play vs USA.
    Videoszonadeportiva

11. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Here is the squad for the match against the US. Aslinn Rodas was included which is nice to see. Since most of the legionaries wont make it would have been nice to see them try to call-up a few of the USL players that have been mentioned recently.

http://www.fedefutguate.org/index.p...oficial-de-guatemala-ante-estados-unidos.html

As far as the MLS letting players go. Since its not a FIFA date isnt it up to the club who they let go? Looks like Seattle was consistent in letting players go to this match, Pappa, Brad Evans, Dempsey is suspended I think. What isnt cool is how Real Salt lake let Beckerman go but not Vasquez. Might have to do with the visa issues he had coming back from Guatemala recently. Sounds like its all sorted out now though. No FC Dallas players so hard to say what happened there...
    http://www.rslsoapbox.com/2015/6/30/8869869/vasquez-gets-his-p-1-visa-heading-back-to-u-s

12. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

That's huge then. Good news. Our best player will be there so it shouldn't be as bad as the Mexico and Uruguay game.

13. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Interesting thanks

14. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Guatemala XI vs #USA:
    Motta;
    Castrillo, Morales, D.López, Lalín;
    Herrarte, De León, Aparicio, Mejía;
    Arreola, Campollo

edcalvi repped this.
  15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    USA XI:
    Guzan;
    Chandler, Gonzalez, Brooks Johnson;
    Yedlin, Diskerud, Bradley, Zusi;
    Dempsey, Altidore

edcalvi repped this.
  16. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

This does not look good

Sheeps to the slaughter

17. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Sopengo is doing a good job.
    We have the second team in and they look ok

18. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Despite the Own goal your B team is playing really well against the USA's Best Team.

edcalvi repped this.
  19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I'm liking what I'm seeing so far too....but let's have in mind that the usa is not pressing us very well.......having said that I like the confidence with which de Leon aparicio herrarte and cuilapa n even el tronco de lopez are playing with....

20. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I like Sopegno how he made some corrections with our defense and mid, I think for second half we should have more depth up top, with Pappa and Figueroa on the wings and maybe Fish up top. Contreras should definitely come in to help our mid. Bad luck with that ongoal

21. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I do gotta admit, surprisingly Campollo has gotten better since playing in Portugal, he's fighting every ball and almost score.

22. MauriceDel-Taco

Nov 20, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Our subs and reserves aren't doing too bad, playing better than I thought. Nacho lopez looks much more lively than I've ever seen him before, must be the weight loss. Motta did well with that pk too. Hopefully Pappa or Fish comes in the 2nd half to help out the offense cause Arreola is garbage

23. MauriceDel-Taco

Nov 20, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Goddammit Moyo

24. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Both those PKs calls were soft as Hell Altidore Flopped and sold the foul and the Bradley PK was called after he fell into the ground and already had the ball in his hands.

edcalvi repped this.
  25. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Que mal arbitraje.

SamKnight repped this.