Guatemala MNT thread (R) RTSA2010

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vettgt

vettgt New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    usa rhode island
    bye bye mexico hahha
    pay backs a b1t*h
    and we play vrs honduras

2. beaveman

beaveman New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Mapleton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to go chapines! I've always cheered for Guatemala, except when they play the USA. Just one more match vs. Honduras, and they're going to China this summer!

If they qualify, which veterans would they bring to the olympics? I cheer for Ruiz (except vs. RSL), and wished Cabrera could have stayed at RSL too. Would like to see both of them playing in China.

3. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game today and I had a blast. No se pudo lol!

Words can't explain how pissed off the Mexicans had me when they lost to TnT last WCQ. I wish teams would play with there all no matter what during these type of "meaningless" games. There's no way Canada could score 5 on us had we played the way we should have. I guarantee you our players had that Mex-Tnt game in their minds during today's game and that's what led to todays score.

With that said, ******** you Mexico! We got our revenge today. It ********ing sucks doesn't it?

I really don't believe in this type of sportsmanship but they constantly disrespect us and other opponents before the games are even played. It's nice to see them on the receiving end this time. If their stupid periodistas would just keep their mouth shuts and respect their opponents regardless of skill maybe things would have been a little different today.

I hope this type of BS doesn't occur anymore though, it's really not good for the game.

4. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    wow, if they're making this much drama that Mexico didn't qualify for this summer's olymipics, just imagine if they DON'T qualify for South Africa 2010? Jesus Christ, CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sucks getting screwed, huh Mexico?! "GUATEMALA IS YOUR DADDY MEXICO, GUATEMALA ES TU PAPI MEXICO, LES GUSTE O NO!!" with our sub-23 getting the job done vs Mexico, every Central American NT wont be afraid of Mexico anymore, so if you're Salvi, Catracho, Tico, or Panamaenian and your NT is playing Mexico, im rooting for your NT. we're 90 minutes away from Pekin, qualify or not, the mission to eliminate Mexico was accomplished, "Chao Mexico!" Guatemala Sub-23 #1!

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what time is our game vs honduras? i might not be able to watch it...

6. michiganfb

michiganfb Member

Sep 14, 2004
    good question because right now different sites list it at different times. at the earliest, it's this Thursday the 20th of March at 5pm east coast so most people will be home from work by then on the west coast. CONCACAF says 5pm, ESPNDeportes says 6pm, and soccertv.com says 5:30. if anyone misses it, espn360.com has the replays.

Avila is due for a breakout game?!

7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Concacaf says 2 30 PT. Everywhere else I read it's 5 PT. I wouldn't be surprised if they switch the schedules. You know who was supposed to be first and that's why B1 was scheduled as the markee matchup. Since that's not the case, I can see the games being switched. I hope its 2:30 PT. I'll be able to watch most of it.

8. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Para matarse de risa!!! Commentario de Mexico vs Haiti en el preolympico por Jorge Campos y Martinoli...

[youtube]g26mEFzXJhU[/youtube]

The funniest comments
    1:33
    1:47
    2:24

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    it's official...god hates guatemala....

10. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheer up, we screwed Mexico :D

11. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    I was cheering for Guatemala but with that attitude you guys deserved to lose, have a little pride. You seem to be content with knocking Mexico out which got you nowhere.

12. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I still have memories of 06 WCQ. You don't know how horrible it was for us to see TnT turn the score around on Mexico when it looked like we were going through to our first WC. With that said, I went over to the Mex forum after the game where we won to say good game and I came out with tons of neg rep. I try to be cool with everyone on the Mex forum but they just don't like hearing anyone else's point of view on there. They have a very cocky attitude and we've all seen what it's got Mexico lately.:rolleyes: Good luck in next WC though, I got nothing against ya'l now since we're even :D

13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Fair enough, but I seriously doubt Mexico lost just so Guatemala wouldn't qualify. Your mentality is sad because it seems as if you are content with just helping knockout Mexico. But yeah good luck in WCQ.

14. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    We really gotta stop playing guatemala

15. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    god dont hate guate, god looks out for guate. honduras is gonna lose big against a european team, have that for sure. CONGRATS CATRACHOS. F8Ck it, Mexico and Guate stay home to watch the olympics. Kenton did a great job wit them youngters but is Kenton NT material?? with that said, the caveman look-a-like coach aka "Primi" is coming back home to our Guate NT.

16. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    you guys will have a better chance this time.

our confederation gets 3.5 places.

Mexico
    Guatemala
    Honduras

qualify

and the U.S. losing to Venezuela in the playoff spot.

17. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Guate didn't go to the World Cup because it get the results it needed to get the half ticket. Their last game, If memory serves me right, they played balls out and fought very hard.. But they didn't play that way throughout the qualifiers. Guate just didn't do enough. Blaming it on Mexico is just pathetic.

I'd be a fool to blame Guate for not making it to the Olympics. We failed to qualify because we didn't do enough. Plain and simple. Man up, and stop justifying your losses on the results of another team.

Good game by Guate.. it was really a toss up, even match for most of the game..

Congrats on the win Catrachos. I Truly wish you guys do well in Beijing and represent CONCACAF well..

18. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not blaming Mexico, just saying I expected Mexico to win that game the same way Guate shouldn't have lost by 5 to Canada. Regardless, you're right, it's both of our NT's faults to be in the situations we put ourselves in. So many what ifs that could have changed history. For us I remember giving up a goal away at Trinidad. For you, I can name dozens of opportunities vs Haiti. For Mexicans these tournaments might not be that big a deal cause you take the WC and these other tournaments for granted. You're always in them. For our team to get so close and miss out twice in the last game is very depressing.

19. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well if were going to be re-hashing the the '06 WCQ and why Guate didn't get the last spot I blame it on 3 things:

1) The Guatemala - TnT game in TnT, when Guatemala was winning late in the game (I think the score was 2:1 late in the game) and we ended up losing 2:3.

2) The Guatemala - Costa Rica game when we were tied in injury time and gave up a late goal to lose.

3) The Guatemala - USA game in Guatemala, we played the US after they had qualified and sent a B team to Guate. We only tied a game that we should have won, since the US had no incentive to win/lose/or draw that game.

That's 5 dropped points right there, more than enough to claim not only the 4th playoff spot, but also to possibly beat out Costa Rica on the 3rd spot. I never for a heartbeat ever blamed Mexico for not beating TnT in that last game. That's my take on the last round.
    Last night was the usual thing with Guatemala, they are close, but don't have that little bit extra to get them over the hump.

20. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    First off, i was almost in tears when he missed the last PK, i cant recall his name but he plays for antigua fc? anyways, i agree with a post on the last page, it just seems like god hates us. Now that the olympic qualifiers are over for us though, we are all aware that we truly do have talent, and that Kenton has done a good job, but simply put; is he the man for the MNT? As usual we had excellent technical passing, at least its been consistent through these olympic qualifiers, and there were a couple set pieces that were mehh, but after rewatching the game(tivo'd it) i realized that long shots, like out of the box long were being settled for way too easily, and when they were taken they were not of quality. if in the run of play we are going to settle for 30m shots, or shots in that range then they need to be good shots, not little dropins that we can hope will fall in. with that said, our set pieces need to be on point, and they were not where we would have needed them to be

excellent win catrachos, well fought and deserved. Hopefully Guatemala can pull an even better run than this come WCQ

21. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    ay que ser realistas, Honduras no nos puede ganar, punto. nos ganaron por penales. como al El Salvador, Guate les gana cualquier dia de la semana. bien para Honduras y tambien a Guatemala, porque eliminamos al verdugo de todos los centro americanos, eliminamos a Mexico, jajajajaja.

22. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Lo dijiste bien, tienen qu ser realista!

Look i really think Guatemala u23 looked great. There a great squad, alot of potential, at first i was skeptical but now i'm sure they will blossom into a great group for you guys. But first of what you said was ridiculous! Honduras has proven over and over that there the best in our region. Stop being a lil girl and say Honduras can't beat you. They do it in the national day in and out. Penalties is just as good as a win in full time. They have a good group of players too. As for the El Salvador, jajajja not. Yes as of late you guys have been superior but not by much. I think were about the same now.
    The thing that pisses me off the most about the chapines here is that you guys tend to think you own everything yet have nothing to back it up. Seriously guys be cool, show respect. You lost, you were not superior to Honduras. To Mexico ofcourse but, i'd rather lose to Mexico and qualify to the Olimpics anyday!!!!

Good job to both countries! You guys did us Salvas, and Ticos proud. Honduras especially, showing alot of potential like no other.
    Mexico has alot of work, since the beginging of the 2000's ES beat them twice, in men and sub23 in CA and Carribean cup final. Honduras i believe beat them like 3 or 4 x's. Guate now 2.

El Salvador and Honduras took them out of the sub 17 mundial, now Guate in the olimpics. Sheez. :)

23. ChapinesROCK!

ChapinesROCK! New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    a salute to ALL central americans, im happy for ANY central american NT in a world competion, since Hugo Sanchez is DT of Mexico, they cant beat a central american team, Guatemala(beat them twice in the last 5 months, NT & Sub-23 both in LA!!!), Honduras(beat them in Jersey in Gold Cup), except, Costa Rica(who got robbed vs Mexico at Gold Cup), Panama(which 45 min was played in Puebla, MX) or El Salvador(which havent met yet). i think and im mostly positive Honduras will KO Mexico out of 2010 WC in group qualifying, have that for sure. Mexico is a ticking time bomb ready to blow up.

24. Mikey310

Mikey310 New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    lol, chapines, u crack me up. no way in hell honduras takes out a fully loaded mexico squad. You're happy we didn't make the olympics, good for u, but I'm gonna be happy when u guys get eliminated for the wc =}

25. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

thank you Armada. You me and USAfutbol see that guate just needs to play the FULL 90 minutes. If they played EVERY game......key workds EVERY GAME the way they did against Mexico, but MNT and U-23 guatemala would be a bigger threat in the CONCACAF. But unfortunatley we ALWAYS play horribly after a big win. We're inconsitent and think that teams will just lay down if they've seen how we've played the game before.

One of the guys above said the we're cocky, but I dont think it's that. To me I think that we take the quality of soccer in the CONCACAF for granted. We play slow teams with bad football and we toy with them. Never really going for the jugular. When we play teams like Honduras and Costa Rica, who as we can see are good teams and give us a run for our money, we go toe to toe, but again, we dont go for the jugular. When we play Mexico and the US, we feel that we have something to prove so we play balls out leaving it all on the field, but for the most part we end up coming up short or with a tie. And when we're losing we hang our heads, give up and just let the teams get the better of us, and we hand the game over.

If our boys knew what playing 90 minutes was really about we'd be a dominant force not only in the region but in the world.