Group D: First XI

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by kwame_tdot, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This should be fun. I'll just include my inclusions for Ghana

Dede Ayew
    Anthony Annan
    Kevin Prince-Boateng

Will do my 1st XI later :D

2. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I know he would be up against Lahm, but Wilkshire would be a definate chance.

Chipperfield and Holman as impact players off the bench.

Schwarzer still for Keeper as well.

3. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    Chipperfield was horrible vs Germany.

For Germany, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Müller were the best in my opinion. And surprisingly, Friedrich was the more confident and more secure centerback.

Generally, we've seen a lot of very good CMs/DMs in this group, and in Müller and Krasic 2 great options for RM, but the left back was pretty much every teams weak position, and there was no really convincing striker. Also, the only convincing CAM was Özil, and only in the first match... so I'd scrap the CAM and use a formation like Serbia, with 3 dms/cms, something like this:

--------------- Cacau? ---------------
    A. Ayew ----------------------- Müller
    --- Schweinsteiger - KP Boateng ----
    --------------- Annan ---------------
    Sarpei? - Friedrich - Vidic --- Lahm
    -------------- Schwarzer -----------

4. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Chipperfield is getting older and slower, thus playing the whole game at LB - especially with no true LM in front of him to help, was never going to show him in the best light. Just one of the many tacticalblunders for that game. However in the next 2 games when coming off the bench into a LM role he has been very good, thus why I said to have him as an impact player.

I still think Wilkshire is unlucky to miss out, probably our best player in all three games and the only one v Germany that could hold his head high. Lahm is the world class RB though - he can even hand ball on the goal line identical to Kewell's and get away with it.;)

5. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Kingston was easily the best keeper in this group imo.

6. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :rolleyes:
    That's why he couldn't catch a single shot today?
    His name is Kingson btw.

7. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    I didn't get to see todays game yet. Just highlights so far.

He only gave up 1 goal that he was never going to stop and he made a 1 on 1 stop from Ozil. He can't have done too bad.:eek:

8. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He wasn't bad, but you could see that he had trouble with catching long range shots.

Neuer made one mistake after a corner, but otherwise was very stable. He never let the ball bounce.

9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I heard something like that his name is Kingston but FIFA made a fault last world cup with his name, so he decided to stay with Kingson. Don't know it is true though.

10. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think that's right, at least on Wikipedia one can read, that his name of birth was Kingston.